For someone who didn't want to be a wrestler...

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
AJ Styles and Ric Flair share a common factor, other than a promotion building around them... The two of them originally had zero intentions on becoming a professional wrestler until their friends got them to tag along.... and for those two to have no interest in becoming a professional wrestler, the two have become some of the greatest wrestlers ever.

Ric Flair, the innovator of wrestling. The man who built wrestling to its popularity, and the man who cherishes the wrestling industry more than anything now. Ric Flair, the true icon of wrestling (and not that red and yellow fucktard). In his career he's captured the legendary 16 world titles and nobody has been able to top this feat since then... although Double J has cheated to get close to that record, having 15 World title reigns.

AJ Styles, the pioneer of TNA Wrestling. The man has carried TNA on his back for 8 years and counting. The sole reason why many people tune in every week to watch IMPACT... and without a doubt, the future World Champion of TNA, for the 5th time. AJ has not only accomplished everything in TNA, but he's done it at least twice. As it stands, he has the feats to retire right now and become TNA's first hall of famer, in my opinion...

Sure, these are two in a million examples and the fact that they're 30 years apart is more of a reason to claim one in a million, but I'm just saying... for two people who never thought they stood a chance in the wrestling world, they sure have become legends in their own right.

Ric Flair, the innovator of wrestling. The man who built wrestling to its popularity, and the man who cherishes the wrestling industry more than anything now. Ric Flair, the true icon of wrestling (and not that red and yellow fucktard). In his career he's captured the legendary 16 world titles and nobody has been able to top this feat since then... although Double J has cheated to get close to that record, having 15 World title reigns.

First of all lemme say that just because you hold a title, that does not mean you're a "world champion". Almost all of Jeff Jarrett's TNA title reigns were not World Title Reigns whatsoever. Sure, his WCW days were such, but even with that, can those really be seen as World Title Reigns since WCW was nothing more than a second rate wrestling organization by then? I doubt anyone outside of TNA would ever preclude Jeff Jarrett as a legit 15 time world champion, in fact hardly does the conversation come up anyway...

Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler of all time any wrestler will tell you that. No one would ever acknowledge if Jeff Jarrett ever surpassed 16. If Triple H does pass Flair it would def be credible becuz Triple H is a household name and Jarrett will only be remembered as a country music singer gimmick.

Your title is a little misleading. You didn't mention anything about either one of them not wanting to be a wrestler. Then, you didn't propose any feedback. Also, Styles is not the sole reason I tune into impact! each week.

Umm Jimmy....you might want to re-read that first post again.
It's funny that there's an arguement on the credibility of someone's title reigns....psst, it's all fake!! These are made up titles with no REAL sport compitition for them. They are given by whom ever is writing that show. Don't argue that Jeff's daddy owned the company at the time...Ric did his share of booking and I'm sure he booked his own ass into a title or 2.
A TNA Hall of Fame? Who the fuck would care about that? AJ is just about the ONLY one in TNA deserving of that. I don't see many others in TNA having the career that would lead them to it at the moment.

AJ Styles and Ric Flair share a common factor, other than a promotion building around them... The two of them originally had zero intentions on becoming a professional wrestler until their friends got them to tag along.... and for those two to have no interest in becoming a professional wrestler, the two have become some of the greatest wrestlers ever.

AJ Styles, the pioneer of TNA Wrestling. The man has carried TNA on his back for 8 years and counting. The sole reason why many people tune in every week to watch IMPACT... and without a doubt, the future World Champion of TNA, for the 5th time. AJ has not only accomplished everything in TNA, but he's done it at least twice. As it stands, he has the feats to retire right now and become TNA's first hall of famer, in my opinion...

Sure, these are two in a million examples and the fact that they're 30 years apart is more of a reason to claim one in a million, but I'm just saying... for two people who never thought they stood a chance in the wrestling world, they sure have become legends in their own right.

Actually Jarrett only has 10 world titles to his credit (4 WCW, 6 NWA/TNA). All the other world titles he's won were never considered legitimate World Titles (his USWA and WWA titles reigns are not recognized as legit world titles). If that was the case then Jerry Lawler has beaten everyone as he would have over 30 world titles to his name.

Back to the original post though, yeah I gotta say that both Flair and Styles have done pretty well for themselves considering they never thought they would go into wrestling. Flairs resume speaks for itself and AJ Styles is definitely one of the best wrestlers of the New Millennium. TNA doesn't have enough people and worthy names to have a hall of fame, but if it ever happens then Styles definitely should be the first one in and although I agree that AJ is one of the biggest reasons to watch TNA, he certainly isn't the only reason. For example the best of 5 between MCMG and Beer Money have been the best part of TNA programming for the last little while, those guys have had stellar match after stellar match while AJ is messing around with Rob "No Talent" Terry. I love AJ, but he definitely isn't the only reason to watch TNA.

First of all lemme say that just because you hold a title, that does not mean you're a "world champion". Almost all of Jeff Jarrett's TNA title reigns were not World Title Reigns whatsoever. Sure, his WCW days were such, but even with that, can those really be seen as World Title Reigns since WCW was nothing more than a second rate wrestling organization by then? I doubt anyone outside of TNA would ever preclude Jeff Jarrett as a legit 15 time world champion, in fact hardly does the conversation come up anyway...

Like to add to Jeff Jarrett title reigns in World Championship Wrestling. He only held the belt for 41 days combined. So he held the title on average, a week and a half. Not that impressive as Ric Flair.

I would say: look at the title reigns and look at where they done them. Jarrett run in WCW was during a time they were collapsing. Not a good thing to brag about.

Deaner mentioned Jerry Lawler title reigns. I bet there are other wrestlers who have number of title reigns that we don't know about...but that's only because they did it for a local promotion that no one ever heard of.

Jarrett is a six time world champ because the WCW title retained World title status from 1990 all the way to its closing in 2001. Likewise the WWA title met the basic commonsense criteria for World title status, a broad geographical reach.

Lawler is a 2 time world champion having captured the AWA World title and then using that to create the Unified World heavyweight title.

Sting is a 12 time instead of 13 time champion because he captured the NWA World's title in 1990 and the NWA heavyweight title most recently.

Flair is about a 32 time World champion so Jarrett but most importantly Triple H will not be making headway soon, later, hell ever..

As far as the thread topic is concerned AJ is doing really good. Its a real big deal to be so intertwined and vital to the well being of a company. He is to TNA what Flair was to the NWA, Sting was to WCW, Douglas was to ECW, Bocwinkel was to the AWA or Sammartino was to the WWWF. Thats a great accomplishment for a young man and quite a roller coaster. He is the face of TNA and its a good thing Flair and a few other guys are in close proximity behind the scenes to help him deal with that and mold him so that TNA can safely rest on his shoulders without fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back