Flair Region, Third Round, Ultimate Pain Match:(3)Undertaker vs. (11)Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Match?

• Undertaker

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match and it is an Ultimate Pain. It will take place at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

amway_center.jpg

Rules: The match is won by pinfall or submission but your opponent must be busted open before the fall.

tumblr_mitgh0CKtB1rg89a6o1_500.png

#3. Undertaker

vs.

The-Ultimate-Warrior.jpg

#11. Ultimate Warrior

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.​

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but I don't recall Undertaker ever really being a "bleeder". I'm sure he has, but I don't ever remember seeing the crimson mask we would associate with a match like this.

On the other hand, AJ has bled on numerous occasions, and once he does so, is generally wobbly on his feet, and not the same AJ we know and love. AJ has won a large number of gimmick matches, but he's out of his league here.

Yeah, Taker has bled before, but that has been few & far between. AJ's run comes at the hands of a man who dominated far more for longer than Styles ever will. He gets busted open the hard way here, tries a big move & gets caught for a tombstone by Taker.

Jesus, could Taker really lose this match to anybody? Taker was the guy who was known for being impervious to pain, at least for the first quarter or so of his career and as others have mentioned, throughout 25 years he was rarely busted open. This match just screams Taker/Hardy and we know how that played out.

AJ puts up a good fight but ultimately takes a friggin ass-kicking.

Shouldn't this match be Undertaker vs Ultimate Warrior? Because I'm looking at the Warrior/Styles thread and it clearly has Warrior winning by a sizable margin. Did I miss something?

If not then Undertaker wins this match with laughable ease and we just got robbed of one hell of a match.

Shouldn't this match be Undertaker vs Ultimate Warrior? Because I'm looking at the Warrior/Styles thread and it clearly has Warrior winning by a sizable margin. Did I miss something?

If not then Undertaker wins this match with laughable ease and we just got robbed of one hell of a match.

KB wiffed twice. I'll fix it.

In the one hand we have Warrior, an opponent that, to my knowledge, 'Taker never beat. We have Warrior who beat Hogan for the title at WM 6 and who was arguably the most over guy in the business from about 88-92. This is going to be a tough one for 'Taker.

Having said all of that, though, Warrior never got to face anything but slow, zombie, emotionless 'Taker. Warrior never faced the 'Taker that beat the hell out of Mankind routinely and threw him off the top of HIAC. The 'Taker that set Kane on fire. The 'Taker that on a regular basis would leave people laying in pools of their own blood. Look, this match favors 'Taker more than it favors Warrior. While, yes, for a few years, Warrior was the biggest thing in the business, his legacy still pales in comparison to'Taker's. 'Taker has him beat in championships, in ring abilities, longevity, respect, mic skills, and influence. Also, 'Taker beat Hogan for the title not once but twice.

I'm going with my all time favorite.

Vote 'Taker.

Even with the change, Taker still wins. Warrior is not going to pull his normal shit & walk away. Taker brigs the fight to him & has plenty enough in the tank to dispatch Warrior.

This is a tough one, neither man has ever been a bleeder. I really want to go with Warrior, but I'm letting my better judgment push me toward voting for The Undertaker.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I was a Warrior mark at one time, and I was a so-so Undertaker mark. Undertaker had some awesome vibes in the mid 1990's, they've never been able to capture that kind of magic with anyone else.

Because this is the fanciful world of pro-wrestling, I'm going to imagine that magic will decide this one. I think the only time I've seen Undertaker bleed was against Brock a few times and against Randy Orton that one time Bob Orton almost gave Undertaker Hep B. I think after that incident, Undertaker is pretty damn protective of his blood.

I don't think I've ever seen the Warrior bleed in a match, and that includes his Dingo days.

Then I remembered that one time that Papa Shango used black magic to make blood ooze from Warrior's hair. My point is that the Ultimate Warrior's biggest weakness was apparently evil magic. Hell, Undertaker had him entranced on a few occasions with his mystifying dark arts. Ultimate Warrior is a guy who's highly susceptible to evil magic going up against a guy who in the world of kayfabe is the equivalent to a level 20 lich.

Some people become enraged when they see their own blood, Ultimate Warrior saw his own blood and let out an "Ahh!" before stepping away in horror.

Vote Undertaker.

A "deadman" versus someone not of this world. Can either man really bleed?

This would be a fucking barnburner if there ever was one. I'll have to stew who over who gets my vote, but it should be fun seeing some of the arguments.

I can remember Taker bleeding on numerous occasions. Warrior I can't think of a single instance. But let's take another perspective.

Taker is ALWAYS overrated in these things. He's a special attraction, not THE guy. Warrior was THE guy and rarely lost. Taker loses here as he should.

Undertaker has bleeded numerously now-a-days with his ventures with Brock Lesnar. Never saw Ultimate Warrior bleeding though.

But still Undertaker should win. Warrior shouldn't have defeated AJ Styles either. As much I despise Taker now after his feud with Brock, Warrior is nowhere the level of Deadman to beat him.

Taker might bleed but he will still defeat bleeded Warrior.

Undertaker has bleeded numerously now-a-days with his ventures with Brock Lesnar. Never saw Ultimate Warrior bleeding though.

But still Undertaker should win. Warrior shouldn't have defeated AJ Styles either. As much I despise Taker now after his feud with Brock, Warrior is nowhere the level of Deadman to beat him.

Taker might bleed but he will still defeat bleeded Warrior.

You're right, Warrior and Taker are not on the same level.

Warrior's level is much higher than Taker's. Warrior was THE MAN for a time in his career. Taker through all 25 year has never been. He's like a superhero that we'll dub "Placeholder Man". Let's examine when he's been "on top":

1st Title - Placeholder for 8 days to further Flair/Hogan that didn't pan out anyway.

2nd Title- Placeholder due to HBK being a dick and not dropping the title to Hart, thus buying Hart time to solidify his heel turn. Five month reign where he was MAYBE 4th or 5th fiddle on TV.

3rd Title - Pawn in McMahon/Austin storyline and held the title a mere month. His matches also sucked around this time and may have been part of why he didn't get more of a run.

4th Title - Another short reign where he actually lost the title in his first night to RVD (but the match was restarted because sure, why not?) Again, Taker was a placeholder until Brock became champ, but even at that, Rock got the title to drop it to Brock, not Taker, because Rock was the bigger star (duh).

The next time he won the title was in 2007 on Smackdown. SEVENTEEN years into his career, he finally get a run with a title that isn't short or where he's completely forgotten about. I think people forget this aspect. It's really more of a career achievement award at this point and because Taker had "the streak" and was a locker room leader, he was rewarded later in his career. He did have better matches at this time, that much is true, but should we really be bowing down to a guy who took 17 years to consistently have good matches? Those who had to sit through those garbage early year, the ministry and short hair years where good matches were avoided like the plague should remember those bad times and not be all over the guy's immortal jock.

Let's contrast this to Warrior. While many people take shots at him, his big matches were never duds. His Mania matches were always very solid, he created HUGE moments like ending HTM's record IC title reign in 30 seconds, and he became THE MAN by beating THE MAN on the grandest stage of them all in a great match. That was 3 or 4 years into his run, not 17, and he held that title for over 10 months.

Warrior is the far superior superstar in every way. Other than sticking around for a very long time, Warrior is the bigger draw, the better big match guy (if you look at those points in their careers), and since this isn't Wrestlemania, Taker can and does get beaten, especially in a match where he can bleed whereas Warrior never has. it's sad this is so far in the other direction.

When is Undertaker's prime? 1992-present when he's more vulnerable and bled on occasion? Or 1990-1991 when he was almost invincible and almost had a big feud with a past his prime Warrior which he would've lost?

I voted Undertaker, and the reasons being are his longevity and his consistency. Warrior at his peak was on a totally different level popularity wise than Taker really ever has been, but he was a flash in the pan. Probably the biggest ever, since even Goldberg had a few big wins and a world title reign in the WWE. Warrior's WCW run amounted to nothing. Undertaker in comparison has always been an upper mid carder in the WWE and has enjoyed various levels of kayfabe protection, winning his fair share of huge matches. And I see no one else putting any stock in the kayfabe aspect of this match as Warrior is currently down 23 votes.

Undertaker obviously has the longevity, but Warrior's 3 year run from when he first won the IC title until he was suspended after Summerslam '91 is better than any three year run Undertaker ever had.

This leads me to using the stipulation as the deciding factor. I've seen Taker get busted open multiple times, especially in big gimmick matches against a power guy (ie. Brock Lesnar). Warrior HAS NEVER been busted open in a match. If the gimmick was different I may go Taker, but what's the point of gimmick matches in this tournament if they don't mean anything? Warrior wins.

I just can't see the Warrior ever bleeding in a match, and not completely no selling, say, a decapitation. It's too late in the day to argue this, but my vote is with Warrior, both because I can't see him losing this stipulation to anyone, and I think his heights were higher than Undertaker's ever were.

With Taker winning 32-9, I'm giving my vote to Warrior. This would be a fucking badass match, and I think it would take forever for either guy to spill a drop of blood, but someone needs to win...

When is Undertaker's prime? 1992-present when he's more vulnerable and bled on occasion? Or 1990-1991 when he was almost invincible and almost had a big feud with a past his prime Warrior which he would've lost?

This is the dillema, I would say post 04 when he returned as The Deadman. He was more of an attraction after the gimmick change and was the go to guy if someone needed to be stripped of the strap, he headlined Mania with Edge during and basically built the streak upto 30.

I dunno to be honest. Warrior was unreal in his short run and basically beat the god of wrestling in Hogan.

Though I may receive a massive wedgie for pointing this out, you made this match as part of the Flair region. Clearly this is supposed to be in the Rock region..OUCH!

I got wedgied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back