Flair Region, St. Louis Subregion, First Round: (11) Billy Graham vs. (22) Bubba Ray

Who Wins This Match?

• Billy Graham

• Bubba Ray Dudley

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Flair Region, St. Louis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.

front.jpg

billygraham3.jpg

#11. Billy Graham

Vs.

22jm1e.jpg

#22. Bubba Ray Dudley

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

So you have the man who influenced Hulk Hogan, and the man Scott Steiner once called a fat ass.

It isn't that simple, but Graham was truly one of the first pro wrestlers known for not only his physique, but his mic skills. He also had a good run as WWWF champ in the late 70s.

Bubba Ray is one of the best tag wrestlers of all time, winning WWE, WCW, ECW, and TNA tag gold. He also had a hell of a run as a main eventer in TNA with a reinventing of himself that rivals late career resurgences of Bob Backlund and Mark Henry.

Bubba would be the hell out of Graham for a while, but eventually he would succumb to a bear hug.

I like Bubba Ray. I really do. Even had him on my list. But, as a singles guy, he was never relevant until TNA was firmly in the shitter. Graham is an all-time great, and was the precursor to all thing 1980's wrestling. It's not that hard to see why Graham wins this easily.

Bubba Ray Dudley is really good on the mic, but probably not as good as Graham, and he's worse than him at virtually everything else. I really like Dudley, but Graham's influence cannot be ignored, nor can his far superior accolades. Dudley probably should have broken out on his own earlier in his career, but he didn't and as such deserves a loss here.

As others have stated, despite being awesome as a singles heel for a bit, that does not give him a leg up on a legend like Graham. If this was a tag match, clearly things would be different from an accolades standpoint. Graham just was a flat out bigger deal than Bubba & even though the match would be a tough fight, the outcome would still be the same. Superstar wins this one.

I love Bubba - the Dudleys were always my favorite tag team, and I followed them wherever they went. Bully Ray's run as the top heel in TNA was also quite entertaining.
But this is Billy Graham, the top dog of Wrestling in the 70s. Bubba can't live up to his legacy and falls to "Superstar."
Vote Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back