First Round: Miami - Mick Foley vs. La Parka

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mick Foley

• La Parka

Results are only viewable after voting.
Foley wins in a complete squash. This is a battle of who the best wrestler ever is, and La Parka is not worth the discussion. This is Mick fucking Foley here.

La Parka, to me, is absolutely nothing and an overrated joke. I watched La Parka when he was in WCW and, as Shocky said, he was just another cruiserweight that got lost in the shuffle. However, La Parka wasn't even all that great of a cruiserweight from my point of view. Probably the biggest claim to fame the La Parka character has in American wrestling is a win over Macho Man Randy Savage. The problem is that the guy that beat Savage was Diamond Dallas Page dressed as La Parka. In some misguided mission of revenge, Savage wound up destroying La Parka a few weeks later. I've also seen the guy wrestle in AAA a few times and he's just...uggghh in my opinion. He's a crowd pleaser sure, does the Thriller dance to the Michael Jackson song pretty well. But, he's a shitty wrestler.

Mick Foley, while he's obviously at his best in a no rules match, should have little to no problem with La Parka. Foley has beaten some of the biggest names in wrestling, even outside of gimmick matches, and if La Parka is unable to utilize a steel chair legally in this match, I feel he's got no chance. Foley takes this without too much trouble.

I could pretend a part of me isn't a Foley mark, but I'd be lying. La Parka needs to play hardcore to win matches, but Foley does that better than he can. Good luck getting Foley's ass in a Sunset Flip Powerbomb, too.

Foley is win.

I'm sure Foley will get votes because people don't know shit about La Parka, but that would be a travesty.

The way I look at it, this match has rules. Therefore, Foley is at an immediate disadvantage. He was only good in extreme rules, hardcore, and weapons-legal matches. Sure, he has a decent WWE championship run. But most of those matches were gimmick matches.

La Parka should be able to squeeze out a win here.

...No offfense D-Man, but that's the stupidest logic I've ever seen in my life, especially when you consider the fact that La Parka's success relied almost entirely on his ability to swing a chair. He was called the "Chairman of WCW" for a reason, and that was because he brought a steel chair with him to almost every single match up and used it almost every single time. Like, seriously D-Man, did you even think before posting that? If anything this puts La Parka at a disadvantage, not Foley.

I loved La Parka, he was one of the reasons I still tuned into Nitro towards the end and I always loved his feud and matches with Psicosis particularly. Really fun wrestler who I was a big fan of, but he's not even half the wrestler Foley was/is.

Foley takes the win here for a plethora of reasons, the biggest of which is that La Parka is simply not even on Foley's level.

I'm going to have to give Foley the win here because of him being one of the only unfit guys throughout most of his career to even garner fame and important victories. Shit, he was even glorified as one of the best jobbers ever in an infamous thread on these forums between KB and Tenta. Match this up with La Parka, who for the time he was on my television screen didn't win much (being a filler/jobber/undercarder essentially), I'd have to take the man who has won multiple World Titles.

Sure, Foley has won in various gimmick matches for his aid, but he has the ability to work normal matches and win, something to my knowledge La Parka didn't. Not taking away from Parka's in-ring ability, but he has hardly won when it counted.

I'm sure Foley will get votes because people don't know shit about La Parka, but that would be a travesty.

The way I look at it, this match has rules. Therefore, Foley is at an immediate disadvantage. He was only good in extreme rules, hardcore, and weapons-legal matches. Sure, he has a decent WWE championship run. But most of those matches were gimmick matches.

La Parka should be able to squeeze out a win here.

I seriously hope you're joking. I just pushed out the worst excuse ever, in voting for Booker T. But to say because this match has rules, that Mick Foley would be screwed.. uhm.. I hope you get help for the crack addiction you've taken up.

I seriously can't take you as being anything but joking here. I honestly can not. But for purpose sake of everything, I'll try.

Okay, so Mick Foley has wrestled the likes of guys like Triple H, Vader, Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, and .. well, I'll just stop. Now albeit he's fought them in no rules involved matches, he's also had wars with them in singles, straight up every rule in the book, matches. And he's won some.

La Parka.. couldn't defeat the majority of anyone he faced. And the only thing the guy could do.. was stand on a chair, or try and swing it at someone's head. (badly, I might add)

Yeah, you have me at a loss on this one, you really do. Mick Foley makes quick, short and very easy work of a jobber - even in his prime.

I seriously hope you're joking. I just pushed out the worst excuse ever, in voting for Booker T. But to say because this match has rules, that Mick Foley would be screwed.. uhm.. I hope you get help for the crack addiction you've taken up.

I seriously can't take you as being anything but joking here. I honestly can not. But for purpose sake of everything, I'll try.

Okay, so Mick Foley has wrestled the likes of guys like Triple H, Vader, Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, and .. well, I'll just stop. Now albeit he's fought them in no rules involved matches, he's also had wars with them in singles, straight up every rule in the book, matches. And he's won some.

La Parka.. couldn't defeat the majority of anyone he faced. And the only thing the guy could do.. was stand on a chair, or try and swing it at someone's head. (badly, I might add)

Yeah, you have me at a loss on this one, you really do. Mick Foley makes quick, short and very easy work of a jobber - even in his prime.

So, I guess everyone read my first post and skipped right to the reply part instead of seeing my follow-up post that stated I was talking out of my ass in the first post and basically cast my vote against Foley because I've never been a fan.

I'll repeat again... my vote isn't so much of a vote FOR La Parka, but more like a vote AGAINST Foley.

Now you can all quit your whining and move on with your lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back