First Round: Miami - Abyss vs. Jumbo Tsuruta

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Abyss

• Jumbo Tsuruta

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny little fact; Abyss has never been TNA Champion. Yes, the man that Hulk Hogan wants to put over as the "John Cena" of TNA has never been TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Sure, he was NWA Champion, but that lasted no more than two months, before losing it to a real worker, Christian. The only time this man was relavent was when he had James Mitchell by his side. It's quite funny how James Mitchell can take otherwise worthless talent, and make them more interesting for a little while. Just see what he did for Brian Adams.

Jumbo, however, was a staple in Japan. I'm not going to lie, he wasn't a great worker, but his presence alone drew so many fans. He was pretty much Japan's version of Andre the Giant, so take that as you will. I'll take it as a win for Jumbo, and an end for the Monster.

Abyss was pretty interesting once upon a time when he was putting people onto tacks and falling onto barbed wire. His matches with Rhyno and Styles are some of my favourite TNA matches and his Monsters Ball with Jeff Hardy, Rhyno and Sabu is probably my favourite match I have ever seen in TNA. He was quite dominant a few years ago but has now been really shit.

I haven't seen a lot of Jumbo but I know of his legacy and how big he was in Japan. A man who was this important and is a Japanese legacy and deserves to knock out Abyss the not so monster. Also look at his smile, how could you not vote for him!

I haven't seen much of Tsuruta, but what I have seen is better than anything Abyss can do. I cannot bring myself to vote for that idiot Abyss. He was garbage before Hogan, and has only gotten worse. Tsuruta wins by default because I would vote for a dumpster before Abyss.

This will pretty much be a vote against Abyss for me here. I just don't care for the guy at all, and I have been watching TNA for a long time, seeing him debut, a rip off of Mankind and Kane put together, moving into a bitch now, who hardly ever gets a win. Guy is one of the worst promo guys, and should never have gotten on the mic to begin with. He only gets pops from being with Hogan now, which is a step down from falling on tacks over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back