Finally they've split

I honestly think that Morrison will be the one to take the title from Christian, who'll be taking it from Swagger at Backlash, I'm not a huge fan of Dreamer, but a lot of people will feel he deserves the title for sentimenets sake, and well, if that be the case, he needs someone who can blend athleticism and a bit of hardcore wrestling together, Morrison can do that, that's one of the things that you don't need to speculate about him (and WAAAAY too much is speculated about him on here), he would be able to make the match actually decent not to mention realistic, Henry/Swagger/Kozlov might all be viable contendors for Christian, but I don't see the transition to Dreamer being logical there.

This split will clearly suit the Miz short term, he'll be on the main show, he'll probably get a bit of momentum, maybe even get a US title shot, but it suits Morrison long term, in fact, any mid carder is suited to ECW long term, you might not be on the big stage, but with a limited roster, a small title run can move you into some sort of contendor for the more prominent belts on Smackdown and Raw, CM Punk the most notable example of this.

I do worry for Morrison's lack of personality, I mean, I get it, I watched every Episode of the Dirt Sheet on Monday's without fail, I always laughed at their humour as it was in line with mine, but I don't think Live Audiences ever really connected with them in that sense, Miz has that really outlandish arrogance that made him booed in Arenas, but Morrison didn't have much personality that the Live Audiences understood, which is a shame, it'll be interesting to see how their characters develop, even if I think it's a truly pointless decision to make, they and Legacy would have been a high octane match that would bring tag wrestling into the spotlight again, alas it wasn't to be.

I think its a mutual agreement that Morrison is the better wrestler... Never forget the suplamental draft!
But there is always the real chance that they need people like koslov, Christian, Morrison, and Henry on Ecw to make it worth a damn to watch... o_O

I'm happy Miz left to Raw.... On SD! He was a tool! On ECW he was a big fish in a little pond.... Now he's a little fish in a shark tank! He's done! He's going to just fade out!Morrison is still in the pond! So he's going to stay there and just get bigger and bigger.... *crosses fingers* Till WM26 where he retires HBK?

I was shocked to see Miz being the one that got drafted. Miz and Kingston had perhaps the longest match of the night, which was surprising to see, and until tonights match, I wouldnt have been able to figure out why Miz was the one drafted. His storytelling in the match was phenomenal which is the first time that Ive really seen him "carry a match", maybe because hes always tagged with Morrison. I still think Morrisons the bigger star- hes the better athlete, has a better "look" and is better slightly on the mic. I wouldnt rush to judgment on them splitting: They still have the supplemental draft and The Dirt Sheet. But for both of their sakes, I hope they do split. Theylve done all they can as a tag team. I just hope neither turns face. Theyre both great heels.

Ok The Miz is or was banging maryse SHES THE HOTTEST CHICK EVER or one of the hottest chicks ive ever seen look at her! damn
I hate this guy cause hes doing her haha.
Call me jealous but maryse is extremely sexy and miz doesnt deserve her.
Anyways Morrison is the better talent when it comes to him or miz. Atleast i think so.

I mean look at this girl.. how could you not say shes the hottest chick!

large_image-1.jpg

Ok The Miz is or was banging maryse SHES THE HOTTEST CHICK EVER or one of the hottest chicks ive ever seen look at her! damn
I hate this guy cause hes doing her haha.
Call me jealous but maryse is extremely sexy and miz doesnt deserve her.
Anyways Morrison is the better talent when it comes to him or miz. Atleast i think so.

I mean look at this girl.. how could you not say shes the hottest chick!

I think he is hooking up with Lauren Conrad, they were spotted somewhere together.
I think Miz has a good shot to do something, because if you think about it, who are the midcard faces? MVP, and.......wow, im drawing a blank, oh and kofi. So maybe Miz will go face? Morrison, I dont know what the big deal is. He needs a personality before he does anything.

Morrison > Miz plain and simple. Morrison should have been the one to move to RAW. All we can hope for now is the Miz to get lost in the shuffle of RAW and get WWE best wishes with his future endeavors.

You're forgetting that The Miz was the one who qualified in the ECW Championship scramble match at last year's Unforgiven, not Morrison.

So? They threw Miz a bone for once. Big whoop. He also got treated like a complete and utter jobber in the scrambles match. He was the only guy to not temporarily win the title. Morrison is the star. There's a reason why when they have a tag match they always come out to Morrison's theme and not just because of the cool slow-mo. When Benoit died and they needed to throw someone into the ECW title picture on short notice who did they pick? Who did they give the belt to? Who did they have beat Punk on three consecutive PPVs? The answer to all of those questions is John Morrison.

This is going to be the second time Morrison was the breakout star of a tag team. Maybe Miz can go trade sob stories with Joey Mercury.

Also, I'm amazed by people saying that Morrison doesn't have a personality. That just blows my mind. The guy is always funny. His delivery might be a little stiff but to me it's part of his cocky style. I'm very intrigued to see him as a face for the first time.

I'm so excited assuming Morrison goes to SD!. Just look at their roster. Assuming they get Cena the only big established names on the brand with lots of World titles to their names will be Cena, 'Taker and Edge. Jericho too but he spent so much time out of the title picture then even after two short reigns last year he feels completely fresh as a title challenger. Guys like Punk, Hardy, Mysterio, Morrison, Benjamin, etc. will have to get their shots. I haven't even mentioned Umaga and Kennedy once they get healed. Maybe even Kane will get one last push.

SD! is shaping up to be the home of great wrestling and guys who haven't been getting the main event slots they deserve finally getting it.

i was shocked the miz was the one drafted, as soon as that match happened you could tell they were going to be drafted, i think ecw would have helped the miz more as john morrison has already been ecw champion, so if the miz turned on morrison does this mean morrison is now a face, if not then the miz has made him look like a weaker heel, overall morrison will do better as hes main eventquality in terms of wrestling ability, charisma and mic work. The Miz should get a us title run now and morrison if he doesnt get drafted in the supplemental draft will be ecw champion

I can not believe that they would split these guys up. I kinda figured that this would happen after they lost at WM and then RAW. It's a damn shame. Here I was kind of hoping that the tag team division would start to come back now. Breaking up Miz and Morrison, arguably one of the best in recent memory, is certainly a step back. I also did not like the way they went about the split with Miz turning on Morrison. I mean after the amount of time that the two had together.... I just didn't like it. I don't know what's in store for either of these guys now. I really don't and I'd hate to see either of them become jobbers. If things don't work out in their singles carrer, I say stick them back together.

This split shouldn't come as a surprise at all if you've watched them in the last 8 days. They lost at WM, they lost their rematch, and when Morrison cost Miz the match, well... any small amount of brain cells could have told you Miz was the one leaving. They did this garbage last year with Matt and Jeff. They had a match together, something happened, one got "drafted" away. You can't even pretend the draft is random. I have issues with the draft but that's another story.

I would love to see both of these guys shine. I expect Miz to get some solo mic work in, some pretty decent matches, and hopefully climb the Raw ladder to at least a US Title. The kid's got what it takes...kinda. He just needs a tweak here and there...and maybe here and there again. I see him holding the spot they intended Lance Cade to have last year around this time. A decent mid-card heel with growth potential. I'm a fan of the Miz from watching him debut on TV on The Real World and how he talked about loving wrestling and wanting to wrestle in the WWE. He's a rare find where you really actually kind of get to watch someone go through the transitions and get their dream. So don't hate on Miz because he's a reality show star turned so far... a pretty successful wrestler with the time he's been with the company. And for the record... Miz has a great finisher in my opinion. That knee to the face followed by a wicked swinging neckbreaker. I just wish he could cut down the time from move to move and execute it a little bit faster. It would look even better.

Morrison on the other hand... is just better. Everyone compares him to HBK and I am no different. He has charisma, works the mic, puts on great matches with a unique offense, and is a star. There's not much else that can be said about Morrison. I mean if you have eyes... you see it. I am surprised Miz is the one they moved to Raw and will wait to move Morrison in the Sup. Draft. Which is surprising considering I always saw Morrison worthy of the Tv Draft and Miz being in the Sup. Draft. Oh well... you can't deny it won't be interesting to see how these guys play out and what happens to Morrison in the coming months. He's a great heel, but I kinda see him playing a heel but the fans will turn him face. He's got a fan base because people just love the guy regardless of his heel/face status. He's kinda like what the fans did to Triple H...on a smaller scale.

Also, I'm amazed by people saying that Morrison doesn't have a personality. That just blows my mind. The guy is always funny. His delivery might be a little stiff but to me it's part of his cocky style. I'm very intrigued to see him as a face for the first time.

Yeah, I said exactly the same (you took it completely the wrong way), but just because you get it and I get it does not disguise how pretty much every time they did it live there was pretty much noone caring when either of them spoke, their personalities were not ones which people really cared about, let's remember that this is Pro Wrestling and you can be the most talented, best speaker and best looking guy on the planet, if people aren't paying attention then all those things are irrelevant, it would be a huge shame all round because both guys have plenty in their locker, but I think waaaay too much conjecture is used in terms of Morrison, and frankly you risk destroying him by wanting him to become champion in about a week, if this guy had it all he wouldn't be stuck on ECW, and while he is one of my favorite wrestlers, I'm at least prepared to wait it out and see how he grasps his chance on ECW.

for all of you confused why miz was moved to raw instead of morrison is because morrison has already been on raw and miz already on smackdown. They obviously wanted to give them new scenery. I've said it before morrison makes the better face with his moveset and his goofyness and miz plays the better heel. The sky is the limit with these guys I can't wait to see where they go from here.

IMO, splitting these two guys up was painful to watch. Both guys are golden! I mean, they both have charisma, they're funny, innovative, and, from what I can see, good...if not great workers. With these two, the colons, and Legacy, I was beginning to think that we may have the uprise of a new era in the tag team division, where guys would be strictly "tag teams", and not rushed to quickly for a singles push. Miz and Morrision may have helped out the tag team division a ton in the last couple of years, but they could of done so much more there. I hate the idea that WWE had something working for them in the tag team division...and now they have Legacy on RAW, and the Colons on Smackdown. Who's the next to challenge for the unified titles? Jesse and Festus...AKA Worst Gimmick ever, Hawkins and Ryder....AKA the talented guys who haven't been seen on TV in upwards to three months. This was the only move in the draft last night that really left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Onwards to their singles careers, now that they've separated the bromance, I see both men doing well, as long as they don't get overshadowed by the bigger names with half the working ability. Miz on RAW has a great opportunity to rival with MVP for the US championship. It gives the talent of MVP something fresh, and something that would draw fans if done properly.
Morrison on the other hand, you can't be quite sure. If the supplemental draft does what I expect it to do, and send Morrison to Smackdown as a face, I can see him slowly becoming a huge draw, maybe a face/face match with mysterio for the intercontinental title, perhaps even a program with Y2J? They could keep him heel as well, but keeping him heel would put Miz over that much more, regardless of brands, because Miz would be the much bigger and badder of the two heels. If they keep him on ECW, expect him to be their biggest asset, and cut out the brand jumping that he and miz did so very often. It's oubvious both guys will be faces of the business ten years down the road, that is of course, if they haven't been thrown under the bus by then...

What I would really love to see again, is John Morrison: Your NEW ECW Champion!
I think he's defintely skilled enough and over enough to take the title again, and make it mean something. I could see him feuding with Christian, Evan Bourne, etc.
The only problem I have with this, is WWE will probably send Bourne to Raw, Christian to Smackdown, and Morrison to Raw or Smackdown, leaving ECW with nothing.

They'll get some guys like Hurrican Helms or Jimmy Wang Yang and Kung Fu Naki, and that'll be that. Really, for an hour long show, I could see it being better than Smackdown, but they wont let that happen.
I really just want to see Morrison as a World Champion, and I think the ECW belt is his first step. Then we can see him move up and face CM Punk for awhile, and then Mysterio, and eventually work his way up to taking on guys like Jericho and Edge, and he can eventually become a top guy in the business.
A Royal Rumble, MITB, or KOTR win for this guy would be great!

John Morrison for ECW Champion!

there is a singles title on ECW, its the only title on ECW.

anyways: obviously Morrison is the better of the two, but that doesn't mean Miz is bad, i do think Miz will be a sloid midcarder till he changes his gimmick. Morrison will have a great singles career. i would love to see him fued with Shawn or even MVP (both very cocky).

Side note: i don't hate Miz at all, but his match last night with Kofi was TERRIBLE! they both did a bad job, messed up single moves and were very slow in the ring (which was weird for kofi) not agood sign for Miz's singles career.

The Miz could be a lto betetr if he changed his look - he needs to go full out frat boy because at the moment he looks like an idiot with that hat etc

Without A Dout Miz Is The Better Wrestler Thats Why He Is On Raw And Morrison Is Still In The Minor Leauges Duhhhhh I Mean Miz Carried The Team And It Is Time He Gets The Push He Deserves So Long Morrison U Its Long Overdue

Why does being on RAW mean you're better? A lot of guys go to ECW or SD! to be seasoned or build up their name. Once they've done so they're moved to RAW. If anything, not moving Morrison to RAW as soon as the team broke up proves that the WWE is willing to invest time in him. Miz is being thrown to the wolves. He's U.S. title level at the most right now and look at all the other wrestlers on RAW at that level. He's a small fish in an ocean.

Miz has been in the WWE for a few years now and he's gotten what singles wise? Two or three shots at the ECW title and no one ever bought him as a viable contender? I wish Miz the best of luck but you're absolutely dreaming if you think he's the better wrestler, carried the team or is going to have an easier time climbing the singles ranks.

Morrison will either jump into the ECW title picture or more likely be drafted to SD! tomorrow and immediately become a challenger for the IC title. There's a reason fans have been saying since the day Miz/Morrison became a tag team that Miz was the Jannetty and Morrison was the HBK of the team.

Morrison will be main eventing Wrestlemania 30. Miz will be lucky to have a job in ROH or TNA.

The problem with Morrison is that he just doesn't understand the wrestling business. Those of us who have watched for years see potential in him as an entertainer, but there are just some missing pieces. For one, it was reported a while back that management didn't like Morrison's heel work as his style, selling, and overall ring performance did not fit that of a heel. In my mind, there are 2 ways to get over as a heel in the ring. One is to be brutal and lethal when possible. That is generally for your monster heels or sadistic evil ones like Jericho's current character and Orton. The other is to perform great moves and to get heat by taunting the crowd and egging them on like Michelle McCool does now and old Jericho heel and HBK heel used to do so well. Morrison has done neither.

I do think the kid has potential, and maybe a face turn will help him since it's pretty clear that if he stays heel, he'll never understand how to get over as one, and thus, never rise past midcard if even that.

The reason Miz got put on Raw is because he gets it. He's one of the top heels going because he has the cockiness thing down to a T. On the mic, kid's a mix of old HBK and Rock's heel ways. I'm not saying he's on that level yet, but he's getting there. In the ring, he has the right idea of how to sell himself as a heel, but it can stand for improvement. A solid feud with MVP will certainly help and I actually think he could rise to the main event quicker than you think. Hell, he's got more charisma as a heel in his pinkie than Matt Hardy ever will.

Basically, this split should be a wake up call to these guys. They can't play off each other anymore to get over. They wont' have their little WWE.com show and they won't be able to throw jokes off each other. They have to become their own character and own it. As I said, I think Morrison has more work to do, but he certainly has potential to become a star.

The Miz:
one of the best stars in the WWE like it or not
i felt the Draft! was wrong because The Miz has proven before that he isnt the best at singles action
but he is his chance if he really want people to see his talents he has to show it now, I love Miz but he has to change his gimmik
he looked awful last night, as well did Kofi which was weird

on a personal note i fell he will fued with MVP for the United States Title but nothing more unless he finds another John Morrison

John Morrison:
here is a guy that has a chance to be the next Shawn Michaels, i mean really
but having him on ECW will NOT help him at all, like I said earlier The Miz sucks at singles action no lie, but I think Morrison could move in the Supplemental Draft! today but if he doesnt they have messed up all opinions aside, if they send him to SD! they cant be having him join people like Edge,Jericho people that he's just be holding there coffe for he needs to be John Morrison not that guy thats helped Edge at the PPV

on another personal note I feel that they need to split the ECW roster and put have on SD! and the rest on RAW and release what suck(which is like half there roster aside(Evan Bourne,Kozlav,Tyson,Christian,Tommy,Finlay)the rest are soak ups)

MORRISON IS THE FUTURE

I think that both guys will benifit from the split,miz will now and go have a US or IC title reign and so will morrison but i think that if morrison has a succesful reign it might propell him to main event level.As for Miz i think he will just float around the mid-card or tag team divisions for the rest of his career.

Why does being on RAW mean you're better? A lot of guys go to ECW or SD! to be seasoned or build up their name. Once they've done so they're moved to RAW. If anything, not moving Morrison to RAW as soon as the team broke up proves that the WWE is willing to invest time in him. Miz is being thrown to the wolves. He's U.S. title level at the most right now and look at all the other wrestlers on RAW at that level. He's a small fish in an ocean.

Miz has been in the WWE for a few years now and he's gotten what singles wise? Two or three shots at the ECW title and no one ever bought him as a viable contender? I wish Miz the best of luck but you're absolutely dreaming if you think he's the better wrestler, carried the team or is going to have an easier time climbing the singles ranks.

Morrison will either jump into the ECW title picture or more likely be drafted to SD! tomorrow and immediately become a challenger for the IC title. There's a reason fans have been saying since the day Miz/Morrison became a tag team that Miz was the Jannetty and Morrison was the HBK of the team.

Morrison will be main eventing Wrestlemania 30. Miz will be lucky to have a job in ROH or TNA.

You're right about one thing. Being on RAW doesn't instantly denote being better.

From there, your argument falls apart because of the simple fact that you don't give Miz enough credit. I started saying it long before anyone else here - The Miz has what it takes to be a bonafide star in WWE. Not a World Champion, mind you, but that's okay.

Miz took Kofi pretty much to the limit on Raw. Miz also defeated CM Punk after Wrestlemania last year on ECW - a clean pinfall win, mind you - weeks prior to Punk's cashing in of the MITB case.

Morrison, as someone else astutely pointed out, is too cocky to be a face but works too much of a face style to be a heel. He's caught in the middle, which isn't going to work just yet. He hasn't defined himself.

Miz has. He's a tireless heel. He works a heel style. He draws the ire of the crowd. He's one of the better mid-card heels WWE has right now, PLUS he's got name and face recognition, and being on RAW may draw in a few casual fans who remember him from the Real World days.

On a side note, Marty Jannetty was originally the better Rocker. The issue with Marty wasn't lack of talent, it was lack of maturity. Shawn made beter decisions than Marty and got better. Marty made shitty decisions and lost his career. If either man turns out like Jannetty, it'll be Morrison, because his rumored backstage attitude and his past run-ins with the wellness policy suggests he's more susceptible to poor judgement that The Miz...

Give Miz a chance - I wager he'll surprise you.

Reactions: OIL
Morrison will be the most successful and I think most people agree, his comparisons to Shawn Michaels speak volumes. The Miz is also good, I don't think he'll be a bad star. It'll be much like Matt and Jeff Hardy. Jeff is the one in the Main Event, but Matt is there having good matches. I see Morrison as being a lot better than Jeff though.

I can't remember whose idea I'm stealing here, Jake's maybe, but I've decided I like it. But HBK should somehow get the ECW title, and feud with Morrison over it. Morrison would go over, and eventually defeat Shawn for the title. Working with someone like Shawn will definately help Morrisons mic skills too.

With Miz now on RAW and Morrison now on SmackDown! i can see there being feuds with superstars liek Kingston ect for the Miz, cause Kingston is mega ova with the fans, and fueds with Mysterio and stuff on Smackdown! for Morrison(assuming he stays a heel).:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back