• Back to the Future

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
eIi10.jpg

Final Round: The Dark Knight vs. Back to the Future

Well, this is it. Despite insurmountable odds, you ridiculous people have voted Chris Nolan's Batman
masterpiece, and the Michael J. Fox-fueled time travel epic into the final round of the Wrestlezone Forums
movie tournament. I don't even have any clever puns to appreciate this moment. Great job everyone.​

Both of these should have lost their respective semi-finals, but obviously that hasn't happened. Pulp Fiction vs The Godfather II would have produced a winner that at least has a claim to being among the best films of all time, something which I feel neither of these even come close to. That's not to say they're bad films, not by a long shot, but neither of them should have made it this far. As much as I hate people posting saying they're going to hold off voting, that's what I'm doing for now. I'll probably make a choice at some point in the near future, but, I don't know, this just doesn't seem worthy of a final. Partially my fault, as I didn't actually vote in the GF2/DK thread, but hey, we all make mistakes sometimes.

The Dark Knight is a very good standard mob movie, that if we're talking storyline wise doesn't really try anything new.

Back To The Future is iconic for quite a few plot points that have been parodied endlessly to this day.

Neither film should've made it this far. But if I had to choose between the two, I would go with Back To The Future.

Sorry, but I still believe Nolan's Batman films wouldn't receive as much praise, if Schumacher's turds never existed (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin). Plus, a lot of people are still caught up in the "what could've been" stuff with The Joker. Heath Ledger's untimely death gives this film a boost, because people will always look at The Joker performance, and wonder about the great career that could've been, if Heath was still alive.

Back To The Future probably won't win this round, but I'm still hoping for Marty and Doc to take home the grand prize. Twenty Seven years later, and Back To The Future is STILL praised as a timeless classic.

The Dark Knight was just released five years ago, and you can make strong arguments for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises being the better films in Nolan's Batman series. Let's give The Dark Knight some more time, and let's see how it stands up against other superhero films over the next ten or twenty years. But no, Dark Knight fans already praise this film as the gold standard for superhero films.

Wasn't too much on the forum and didn't vote in the previous rounds so I really need to ask: "What movies where in the competitions when these two are in the final round?". Don't get me wrong, both movies are good, it's just, so many better movies ad its down to me one overpreiced(Dark Knight) and one just fun SF movie with not too many great values whatsoever, as for example "Godfather" or "Shawshank Redemption" or even movies like "Green Mile" or "Clockwork Orange"...

Anyhow, I voted for "Back to the future". Cult and overall better movie than Nolan's masterpiece...

I do think The Dark Knight is the best of the Nolan Batman films but I pretty much agree with everyone else that is wondering how these two films ended up in the finals. I freaking love Back to the Future but I never in a thousand years would have guessed it ending up in the finals. Anywho, I went with BTTF. Great film with, as always, a great performance by M.J.Fox and Christopher Lloyd.

Don't know how these two made it to the finals. Good movies, but not close to best of all time. Any way, I voted for The Dark Knight. It might be a little biased because batman is my favorite superhero, but hear me out. I thought the plot was good, and the actors did a great job filling their roles, most notably Heath Ledger as the joker. Plus it has Morgan Freeman.

I participated in the first round of the tournament when good movies were still alive. Anyone debating between these two movies, particularly Back to the Future, as the greatest movies of all-time well...this is just quite ridiculous. I vote for neither. While The Dark Knight is a very good film, I wouldn't even say that Back to the Future is in the Top 5 of even the Sci-Fi genre. Maybe not even Top 10.

I write-in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

So, 15 out of the 100+ active posters think that Back to the Future is the greatest movie of all-time.

This is quite a representative poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back