• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Final Resolution 2010: Robbie E vs Jay Lethal[X Division Championship]

Who leaves Final Resolution X Division Champ?

• Robbie E

• Jay Lethal

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH
COOKIE SUSPENDED ABOVE THE RING IN SHARK CAGE
Robbie E (c) vs Jay Lethal

Announced last night on Impact, and also on TNA's website.

Last month at Turning Point, Robbie defeated Lethal to claim the X Division championship. The match was not without controversy, however, as Cookie was heavily involved in the match interference wise, including blasting Lethal with tanning spray to the face. Robbie took advantage, and claimed his first title within TNA.

This is Lethal's return match. In order to neutralize Cookie's interference, she will be placed above the ring in a shark cage.

Thoughts on the match? Keep it here, please.

Robbie wins via foreign object.

After the hillarious fist pump contest, it's clear to me TNA is high on Robbie's character so expect Lethal chasing the title while Robbie comes up with more obnoxious stuff to do until Fortune win the feast or fired cases

id say lethal, so that he could start a fued with kaz, kaz will evventually win the X-D championship.. and i beleive beer money will soon win tag champs, so that fortune will have all tittles

I think Lethal will get the belt back if not at Final Resolution then at the next PPV. I'm surprised Robbie E won the title in the first place. Robbie E just doesn't seem ready for a title in my opinion. He's still very green and not very talented in the ring. I think he needs to really work on his wrestling skills, and his promos. Not only that he doesn't seem to have a connection with the crowd.

I get that his gimmick is a parody of Jersey Shore. I just don't feel it's getting over the way TNA had hoped since Jersey Shore was a pretty popular show and it's cast are everywhere these days. However it may have backfired on TNA since many people are getting sick of the show and the people on it. Plus I don't think many wrestling fans give a shit about Jersey Shore, it's on at the same time as TNA.

I think his gimmick is ******ed and he doesn't deserve to be a champion. Jay Lethal on the other hand deserves the title way more. Especially considering he is actually talented and one of the guys who helped build the X division.

Why not just ban Cookie from ringside? Why the fuck does she need to be in a cage above the ring? Anyway, I would want to see Lethal come away with the win here, but I don't think it'll happen. I've tried to get into this Shore stuff, but I just can't. Robbie looks foolish most of the time, and Cookie's constant shrieking is painful to listen to. TNA really wants to push this Shore stuff, so Robbie will probably hang on to the title for a little bit longer. The match should be decent enough, and I know Cookie will be suspended above the ring in a cage, but I wouldn't be surprised if some shenanigans took place.

This match reeks of Vince Russo (oh lol..) but I'd be disappointment with TNA if they don't have Robbie E Retain. I really like this guy's gimmick and his in ring abilities. I could defiantly do without Cookie, but it's tolerable. Lethal is nothing to me, mediocre all around, and not the type I want as my X-Division Champion. I'm waiting in the ducts for a Robbie E vs. Amazing Red feud.

The Gimmick is a bit ridiculous and they should have just banned her from ringside but whatever. They had a decent match at Turning Point and I think they will have another decent match at Final Resolution. I think that Robbie E will somehow get the win here.

This is arguably the best built feud on the card. Lethal has a legitimate reason to be irked by the Jersey Shore Duo and he cut a very well delivered promo on the go home show. He's truely likable, where as the heels are truely hatable. Well done TNA, you did it right for once. I'm looking for Lethal to have his revenge and take back the title in what should be a decent match.

I know Robbie just won the belt, but I dont see the prestige of him as champion. TMZ covers him? So freakin what? There the biggest dirt rag out there. The fact that they took the belt off Lethal in the first place is quite headscratching. I know they did so in a way that protected Lethal. But even with Cookie's interference, theres no feasible way Robbie should have won this match.

I see, unfortunately, history repeating itself. I know Cookie's to be suspended in a cage so she cant interfere. Which of course screams interference. TNA has done 2 or 3 similar matches before, and every time, they person that was supposed to be stopped from interfering wasn't. So I see Robbie retaining here, as TNA seems to be in love with his awful gimmick. Robbie wins due to interference and the inverted diamond cutter.

So not only does Lethal not win. But, it looks as though he might be out of the X-Division Title picture. It looks like next in line for Robbie E will be Shark Boy. Shark Boy got involved at the beginning of the match and threw Cookie into the "Shark Cage".

After the match is over and Cookie is celebrating in the ring, with the X-Division Championship belt, Shark Boy made his way back down to the ring and hits The Dead Sea Drop or whatever it's called, on Cookie.

So it's seems like TNA is setting this up for Robbie E's next feud. Which also makes it look like TNA plans on keeping the title on Robbie for a while. Though Shark Boy does have some fans, it appears highly unlikely that TNA will put the X-Division Title on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back