Feuds / Matches That Happened Too Soon or Too Late?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
The other day i was thinking about Cena vs Taker.... We never got at Mania and some people claim we didnt need to see it since they feuded back in 03 but that was 1 year after Cena debuted his in ring skills or mic skills were not fully developed and Taker was ending up his American Badass gimmick. Granted the matches werent bad, they were good but not great and definitively not the. Caliber they should as all time greats. In my opinion this feud happened too early.

We all remember that amazing retirement match from WM 24 between Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels back in 2008. Or even 2003 at bad blood but what if we had this match back in the 90s. Shawn at his height in DX or during his first title reign vs the leader of the four horseman? That would have been amazing. So although their matches were great we got this match IMO a little late

What about you? What matches or feuds did we get before or after we should have?

Flair v Hogan.

By the time the match happened in WCW I think a lot of people had lost interest.

Wrestlemania 8 would have been better especially as a few months before Flair had cost Hogan the title.

I am glad Macho Man got a run with the belt instead though.

Bret v Vince

Had Bret have buried the hatchet with (and not in) Vince whilst he was still healthy they could have had a real match instead of the mess we got at Mania due to Bret being physically unable to compete.

There is always talk of a future Batista/Lesnar feud. This should have happened years ago and personally I have no interest in it now.

Can we count Undertaker vs. Sting? Whether they do compete against each other or not, both guys are too old and too banged up now to put on a great match, and after Wrestlemania 30 some people have definitely lost interest in seeing this go down.

Brock vs. Triple H. Their match at Summerslam was dull, their Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules matches topped their SS encounter but the interest just wasn't there anymore in the sequels. If this feud happened back in the Ruthless Aggression Era, it would've been a different story.

Flair v Hogan.

By the time the match happened in WCW I think a lot of people had lost interest.

They also had a match on Raw in 2002 for the Undisputed Title, which I believe was their first ever match in the WWE (not counting the house show matches). Terrible match and was way too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back