• Rock vs. John Cena

• CM Punk vs. John Cena

• Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle

• Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

• Bobby Roode vs. James Storm

• Sting vs. Hulk Hogan

• Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Randy Orton vs. Christian pretty easily because it was a feud that evolved so good. First you had Christian capture his life long dream of becoming the World Heavyweight Champion and just 2 days (5 days WWE standard time) later loses it in his first title defense against Randy Orton to the uproar of many in a fantatic television match. The two then have a major MOTY candidate at Over The Limit where Orton once again retain the title.

At this point Christian is beginning to build frustration although trying to remain oppotimisitic however due to an accidental destraction by Orton, Sheamus defeats Christian to become the number one contender for the title. Christian is then placed as the guest referee, helps Orton retain against Sheamus and then proceeds to assualt Orton. Christian out of frustration believes the fans had sided with Orton the whole time he becomes obsessed with beating him and obessed with reclaming what was once his. He loses another match at Capitol Punishment in controversial fashion that gets another title match a month later at Money In The Bank using under minded tactics, Christian bends the stipulation by spitting in Orton's face causing Orton to go off the deep end and get disqualified, thus per stipulation Christian wins the title.

Things continue to get heated between the two as Orton is the one now out for vengeance after being wronged. And things are settled within an amazing No Holds Barred Match with Orton finishing things the way it all started countering Christian's springboard into an RKO like the first match however on this occassion this occured on some steel steps.

Only one minor issue with this feud was that it was one sided as Christian only pinned Orton in tag matches and his only one on one victory came at the hand of a disqualification. Other than that though this feud had the most heat, the best story, and the best matches in my mind.

I voted for Cena and the Rock.This feud goes back a few years prior to Rocky coming back, with Cena calling out the Rock.We all know what he said.This feud borderlines on two kinds of Wrestling Fans.The modern Wrestling Fan, who gets excited when Cena takes his shirt off, and the Rock...a Wrestler who entertains us with his promos and his Wrestling abilities.

Of all the feuds mentioned, I have got to go Christian vs. Orton. The initial blowup of the internet over Christian losing is in retrospect hilarious as everyone said "Vince is burying Christian!!! It's all over!!!" Instead, it was a smart move that brought 5 months worth of entertaining and consistently stellar matches between the two and brought Christian up to the level many had wished for him for years. From the first match of the feud to the steel cage match in September, their matches evolved as they played the psychology aspect perfectly. While CM Punk and John Cena may have had the best match of the year, Orton and Christian had the better long-term rivalry.

Christian vs. Randy Orton, easily.

Great match after great match in what was one of the most intense, long-term feuds we've seen in WWE for years. The matches, though, man... just so consistent and there was not one of them that seemed redundant, even though they wrestled each other so many times.

If Punk/Cena would have lasted longer then it would have had a chance but Christian/Orton was easily the best feud overall. Multiple great matches on both ppv and free TV plus some great mic work, especially from Christian.

Orton vs. Christian win this in a walk. No other feud comes remotely close to touching this. If it weren't for Punk and Cena putting on two clinics, they would win match of the year as well. I can't remember a series of matches between two guys that produced nothing but A or B level matches. Amazing chemistry, amazing story, one of the best feuds of the past ten years.

Guess I have to go with Cena vs Punk, all though when I think back there really weren't any great or really even any good feuds this past year.

Orton and Christian had an amazing series of matches, and the way Christian turned heel gave me wood. For realz.

Great feud, better matches, top notch stuff. Orton/Christian wins.

Christian/Orton. The consistency and chemistry these two guys have together is mind-boggling. The fact that each of their matches is a viable MOTY contender should tell you something about how great this feud was. Not only that, but Christian's turn and descent into cowardly heel territory made total sense within the story, and the psychology of the matches, especially how they reused and evolved Christian's corner sunset flip spot in each match, makes this one of the best feuds I've ever seen.

Tough decision for me.

While Christian/Orton was a straight-forward, classic feud that put on great matches and gave us a twist that we've never really seen before, CM Punk/Cena's feud constantly evolved.

Christian/Orton all stemmed from Edge's retirement and gave many long-term fans what they had been begging for... a Christian title run... only to have it taken away in a matter of a few days. When no one thought it was a good idea, it wound up resulting in some killer matches and skyrocketed Christian into the main event. WWE took a strange path to Christian's rise but it was absolutely effective.

CM Punk/Cena began with another failed Nexus angle but constantly elevated itself and improved. It allowed Punk to break away from carrying factions and shine on his own while simultaneously keeping the faction members that he left behind still relevant. What followed was a constant evolution of not only Punk's character but the direction of the WWE's way of producing pro-wrestling. His promo shook up the world and chain reacted into many important events that occurred this year: The epic countdown to Punk's contract expiration, Punk's seemingly impossible win at MITB after an easily five-star match-up (an match of the year in any promotion), walking out with the title, thus causing a title win for Rey Mysterio, losing that title to Cena on Raw, causing a Punk return for another epic battle with Cena at Summerslam (world title vs. world title which was never done before), only to have Punk win and Del Rio cash in his MITB briefcase.

So, the Cena/Punk feud resulted in FIVE championship title changes, four title reigns (regardless of length,) the promo of the year (Punk's shoot,) the pushing of two stars into the main event (Del Rio and Punk) and a partridge in a pear tree.

So yeah, as much as I loved the Christian/Orton feud, Punk/Cena did more for wrestling this year than any other rivalry and they get my vote.

I had to give Cena / Punk the edge over Orton / Christian for the simple fact that Punk was actually portrayed as Cena's equal - something that has not been seen in the WWe in quite some time. Christian on the other hand, may have provided fantastic matches with Randy but he was continually portrayed as not being on the level of the Apex Predator (in the same way as Orton has currently been insinuated to be incapable of beating Mark Henry).

As much as Christian vs Orton was a personal wet-dream feud, it was sort of pushed aside at a time where Punk and Cena were ripping it up on the main show. Cena vs Punk gets the vote, schmucks.

Christian vs. Randy Orton. This was a back-and-forth epic confrontation that saw Christian chase his own personal Road Runner from two days (five in kayfabe) after he captured the World Heavyweight Championship. In essence, it could've been a burial for Christian, but in actual fact, it was a renaissance.

Christian went from man of the people and the man who had Edge's support to take his support to a crafty, nasty and sly master of deception. Randy Orton also continued to be incredible as he has all year. The chemistry these two had was astounding with great promos from Christian and excellent intensity from Orton.

This doesn't even factor in the fact that these two wrestled each other six times in one-on-one situations and each time it was at least good. Each time there was a piece of the story to be told and when it did finally end inside the Steel Cage, there was a sense of completion to the saga.

I'm going to go with Rhodes vs Mysterio, the feud really cemented Cody as a superstar to me and a major heel in the WWE. Their match at WM was great and the feud just clicked. He was the pretty boy who had these cheesy promos and this cheesy smile plastered on his face all of the time, not to mention the mirror on the back of his jacket and on the stage for his entrance. He was the guy you just loved to hate, and then Rey breaks his nose and everything changed. He got darker, his music got darker, and his promos got darker. Take all of that with Rey guaranteeing you a good match and a huge fanbase to be going against. The feud was just perfect, because I watched one of my favorite wrestlers be molded into a superstar.

In all honesty, it comes down to two feuds: Orton vs Christian, and Rock vs Cena.

With Rock vs Cena we had some of the best verbal battles we have enjoyed in a good number of years. We had Rock coming back on fire with Fruitty Pebbles and Boots to Asses and Cena's LadyParts, and calling out Cena on things that people have been calling him out for for years. On the other hand, to his credit, Cena didn't just back down to the King of Promos, and he fired back with some fantastic stuff as well. Any feud that can draw out Cena's rapping ability, the thing that made Cena GREAT to begin with, is a feud worthy of recognition. Not only that, but their battle has continued on Twitter as well, with both of them tweeting back and forth to each other, and continuing to build things up to what should be an EPIC encounter at Wrestlemania.

However, Orton vs Christian wins this category because they not only had some great verbal battles, but they put on a series of matches this summer that rival any match we have seen this year. Every match that they had this summer was an epic, five star confrontation, that just seemed to get better as they went along. The combined attack of awesome matches and great promos beats a series of EPIC promos any day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back