Best Show of the Year

What is the Best Show of the Year in 2011?

• Tables Ladders and Chairs (put in automatically due to the timing of it)

• Money in the Bank

• Extreme Rules

• Destination X

• Wrestlemania 27

• Royal Rumble

• Elimination Chamber

• Summerslam

• Survivor Series

• Bound For Glory

Results are only viewable after voting.
Money In The Bank.

Royal Rumble is a fairly distant second. If The Miz vs. Randy Orton was better, it would be a somewhat closer second.

Money in The Bank.

Second is TLC. Although it had a weak card to some and it did have the odd match thrown in there for filler, I think the way everything panned out in the end makes it second for me.

Money In The Bank for CM Punk's WWE Championship win alone.

Spot filled matches are always fun to watch but if that isn't your cup of tea then CM Punk and Cena delivered an instant classic, the build up was great, the match was excellent, the atmosphere was exciting and the result showed that WWE hasn't deteriorated as some thought it had.

MITB. For the main event story itself. Second would have to be Summerslam which had an few matches but all of them were very strong matches. Third place goes to Survivor Series for the return of The Rock.

I don't remember a weak spot with MITB. Others had plenty. The main event was amazing, Orton/Christian put on another classic, Henry owned ass all over the place, etc. It wins.

Summerslam would be a close second for me here, but MITB was fucking incredible. The entire card was stacked from top to bottom, and the main event featured one of the best world title matches I've ever seen. The Divas match didn't suck, and the Henry/Show match was actually enjoyable.

Money in the Bank was THE most intriguing PPV of the year... even above Wrestlemania and BFG. It was solid from start to finish and left us going home with the biggest cliffhanger we had seen in years.

Strangely, my favorite PPV of the year was Final Resolution, whether it's late timing has anything to do for it's lack of inclusion - I'm not sure.

Of the remaining cards; I really enjoyed MITB, Destination X and BFG and I have decided to give my vote to Destination X for the combination of quality matches and, as a long time TNA fan, the nostalgia of the whole thing (still would have preferred to give my vote to FR though).

Money In The Bank is winning a landslide and for good reason. Anyone who watched live that night can tell you why it was such an amazing pay-per-view. One of those rare shows you loved from top to bottom and in my mind the best WWE event since WrestleMania 24 in 2008. It was so good I bought the DVD as soon as it was available.

This isn't even worthy of a poll. We should just have a hole coming through the computer screen with a MITB-tattoed penis that we can suck 'til our hearts content.

Wow, I actually forgot how good the rest of the Money in the Bank card was, as well as the main event. I was going to go on this long-winded rant about how CM Punk's win has been blown out of proportion, and how one good match does not a great PPV make. But then I actually looked at the card and remembered...

Both ladder matches were great. Daniel Bryan winning the briefcase was shocking to say the least. I didn't really enjoy ADR winning, but it was still a great match. Henry/Show was lackluster... I don't remember the divas match but it was probably forgettable. Christian/Orton was good, despite the ending. And then of course there was the WWE title match...

Royal Rumble was really good. Loved the Santino tease at the very end, and it was weirdly enough an heart-pounding moment! Kevin Nash coming back was surprising, as was Booker T. The rest of the card was pretty solid as well...

TLC was pretty good too! Loved the main event, Triple H/Nash was decent, some good, random bouts thrown in, Orton/Barrett, Ryder winning the title...good stuff!

Much like the Match of the Year topic, I can't add that much here due to the landslide. Money in the Bank was a masterpiece from top to bottom. It had one fluff match in the Divas and that allowed me to fetch water to consume so I'm happy it was there.

Mark Henry began the Hall of Pain, Alberto Del Rio ripping off Mysterio's mask was an excellent spot to win the RAW MITB, Bryan winning a spectacular car wreck was cool, Christian winning his second title in the cheapest way possible was so sickening it was brilliant and Cena vs. Punk was incredible.

Not really a surprise here, MITB was one the best PPVs WWE has put on in years. I will give credit to TNA though for Destination X. The other big TNA PPVs like Lockdown and BFG were kind of a letdown. Destination X would be my vote for TNA PPV for the year, but MITB tops everything not only because of the ladder matches but one of the best main events WWE has had in years.

I feel as though everyone is voting for Money in the Bank just because of Cm punk/Cena rather than the show overall.....

Not true. The show also had two of the best MitB matches of all time and another solid match from the Orton/Christian saga. It was just a fantastic show overall.

MITB simply for Punk and Cena alone, but then you add in another classic from Orton and Christian, Daniel Bryan winning the Smackdown MITB, Henry kicking Ass all over the place, it was simply a great card from top to bottom, and the crowd elevated it to that special place where legendary matches are made.

The Rumble is a close second though.

I think the Royal Rumble was the best simply because I always enjoy the big royal rumble match. However I think Money In The Bank was also really good and comes a close second.

It's HAS to be MiTB 2011, without a shadow a doubt. Just everything about the show was brilliant. Del Rio winning MiTB wasn't great, but Daniel Bryan winning, Orton vs Christian, Mark Henry beating Big Show and then... the big one. CM Punk beating John Cena, perfectly clean and taking the WWE Title with him as he left the building.

It was just the perfect Pay-Per-View and quite obviously, the best show of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back