• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite WWE Vengeance

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Out of all the PPV's outside of the big 4 (RR, WM, SS, SS), I think Vengeance is WWE's best non-major PPV imo. Looking back on the Vengeance anthology, it was filled with lots of decent matches and great main events. All the Vengeance cards looked good on paper & did well on PPV even though on some of the PPV's they had a few bad apples but overall I think all the shows turned out just fine.

Tough for me to choose but I'd have to go with Vengeance 2005. I don't think there was one bad match on the card from top to bottom. Carlito vs. Shelton was a good opener, even Shelton's somersault plancha botch on Carlito's foot looked good; Christy Hemme suprisingly put on an alright bout with Victoria; Kane vs. Edge wasn't bad and had a nice revenge story for Kane with him in the Matt Hardy role; Shawn vs. Kurt II was just as awesome as their first match at WM 21 and had a good finish to the match; Cena vs. Jericho vs. Christian was epic due to the crowd reaction for Cena, this was when everybody first started hating Cena; And the Hell in a Cell main event between Trips & Batista was brutal. Both guys killed each other and I'll never forget that bit where Batista was laying on the mat and Trips jumped off the top rope then Batista held up the Sledgehammer in the air and Trips went throatfirst into the Hammer and spew blood from his mouth up in the air, that moment was sick and one I'll always remember. The Cell was a great blowoff to their feud and so was this post-Vengeance WWE.com Exclusive which they featured on the DVD

[youtube]95JvcgBb1zE[/youtube]

"That's Evolution, baby"

I actually agree with you.... Vengeance 05 might not have been at the high of the attitude era like its first incarnation back in o5 but they really went all out in this card... carlito and shelton gave us a much better match than the one they gave when carlito won the title one week prior to the event, i think christy hemme gave us the match of her wwe career that night, we saw the best kane edge match ever, angle michaels 2 was not as good as their wm encounter but it was still gold, the triple threat was special because cena was still a 100% fan supported babyface and the wwe title hadnt been defended on a raw ppv in 2 years.... and then one of the top 5 or maybe top 3 hiac matches in history, with HHH being the master of the cell and batista refusing to let go of the title, the unpredictability of the match was off the charts cause you didnt thought that hhh would lose 3 TIMES IN A ROW..... it was a special night!

second place would go to vengeance 11 or 01

Take a look at Vengeance 2003, unbelievably good PPV. Guerrero vs Benoit for the US title in a 20 minute classic, Cena vs Undertaker was good, WGTT vs Mysterio & Billy Kidman was a fantastic tag title match, plus a great triple threat main event for the wwe title. I found it all around enjoyable.

Wow now that you got me thinking about it.. Vengeance has a hell of a history. Vengeance 2003 and 2005 have already been mentioned.. and from top to bottom, those would be the best overall shows. With that in mind, my favorite just comes from my favorite Vengeance memory, which is the main event of Vengeance 2002.

image4019.html

The Undertaker defending the WWE Championship against both Kurt Angle and The Rock is one of my ALL TIME favorite championship matches. It's been remembered fondly by WWE as well, making it on countless DVD's. The event it self may not have as stacked cards as other Vengeance events.. but it was truly a time of transition. The show introduced John Cena to Pay-Per-View with a match against Chris Jericho, continued to show case the dominance of new comer Brock Lesnar, and was at the beginning of Eric Bischoff and Stephanie McMahon's reigns as General Managers which started off with a battle over the rights to Triple H which were featured on this very Pay-Per-View. The show it self also finalized one of the biggest main events in WWE history with Rock becoming champion setting up a match with Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Here are some links...
The first one shows the full card for the show (minus Cena vs Jericho)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Gw8Hvg94I

The second is the hype video for Undertaker vs The Rock vs Kurt Angle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZquv97zLI

I have to agree about that main event of Vengeance 02. Great main event, and it was the second thing I thought of when I thought of Vengeance. The first thing that came to mind was Jericho becoming the first undisputed champ at 2001 Vengeance. I don't remember the other matches on the card, but it deserves a mention just for the history. My favorite was 05 though pretty good card from top to bottom and I really enjoyed the HHH/Batista feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back