Favourite Wrestler - 251-275lb

Captain Bean

Pre-Show Stalwart
Pick your favourite past and present wrestler who falls into 251-275lb range and explain why.

Some suggestions - Stone Cold Steve Austin, HHH, The Rock

Here I have two picks.

The First pick is Stone Cold Steve Austin. There was the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and a few others, but when Austin won the WWE Title, in my opinion, that’s when the “Torch” was passed, from Hogan to Austin. The WWE, and Pro Wrestling / Sports Entertainment was changed forever after WM XIV. To me, he was the first Superstar to give the fans the idea that it was cool to be yourself and not some Superhero in bright colors, face paint, and all that fan fare that the 80s to early / mid 90s brought. That’s the bottom line…you know the rest.

The second pick is The Rock. If Austin was the new Anti-Hero, then the Rock was the new Anti-Villain. He was the guy everyone wanted to be or be with (not that there’s anything wrong with that, referring to women who wanted to be the Rock, of course). Anyway, he had the “Legacy”, the skills, in and out the ring, the look, and when he started referring to himself in the 3rd person, the attitude. If you smell…again, you know the rest.

In this weight class, in my very own opinion, these two were one and two and are interchangeable.

On a side note, I would have also added HHH, because he is that damn good, but he's just not one of my favorites.

The Rock, no doubt.

Probably the most charismatic man ever, as a certain monarch above me noted reffering to himself in the third person all the time was classic. The People's Elbow is just a brilliant finishing move and I loved his matches at the time (Kurt Angle? Bah! Who cares?). Of course what stands out the most is the verbal owning of HHH all the time, brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back