• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

favorite song in another language

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Everyone (guessing here) as a few songs that they enjoy listening to even though they have no idea what's being said. Most of the foreign music I listen to are theme songs I listen to but I do have some that are just songs I like. I'm gonna post my top 3 favorite Anime themes or otherwise.
Korean woman singing in Japanese
[youtube]oFGzyQYYcsc[/youtube]​

Anyone who's watched InuYasha knows this song, it was the 4th end theme they had for the show. I was hooked as soon as I heard it. It got to the point I watched the show just to hear this song at the end. I've heard the english version but this one is much better trust me.

Male J-pop group (The J stand for Japanese, guess what language they're singing in)
[youtube]sSNYlvBk6D0[/youtube]​

Asterisk by The group Orange Range was the 1st opening theme to one of of my favorite Animes Bleach. i don't know why but I mostly enjoy female Japanese singers more so than the males. They have a sweet melodic voice that i think goes well with the Japanese language. Orange Range however is awesome and If i can find a CD of theirs I would buy it in a heart beat.

Moldovan group singing in Romanian
[youtube]Sh0RX-jCTh4[/youtube]​

Yeah the Numa Numa band. X didn't even know this was a real song until i made a thread about O-Zone a year or so back so let it be known that I knew something about music X didn't. They're from a country called Moldova which borders Romania. They share the same language so what you hear is Romanian. I can't for the life of me remeber why I was looking this youtube. Actually I think I was looking for another song and just clicked on any song thaty interested me that they had on the right side of the screen and I eventually made my way to this one. Either way I found it and fell in love. O-ZOne split up back in 05 which saddens me a little bit.​

There's a ton more I listen to all from Anime I've watched so my depth of foreign music is small (Japanese & the one Romanian song) but making this thread has inspired me to go on youtube to listen to more music in various languages and hopefully have more to post in the coming days/weeks.​

Also if you PM me a nice request I'll send you the english versions of these songs so you can know what they're saying.​

[YOUTUBE]vtDkFhid8NQ[/YOUTUBE]

Manchester in the houuuuse!

The King Monkey himself Ian Brown with yet another fantastic track, but this time sung in Spanish.

Translation:
----TRANSLATION---
What do you want?
What do you want?
When the world is so small and so big at the same time
What do you want?
What do you want?
What can I do for you who has pain?
I can only love you
I can only love you
What can I do for you who has nothing?
I can only love you
I can only love you
When the days have passed
And the night has begun
And the stars begin to fall from the sky
I can only love you
And the sun and the rain get together to create the rainbow
I can only love you

I believe that this song is sung in Spanish as a tribute to his wife, who is Spanish. I find this a very peaceful track, and I can remember lying on a beach in Egypt this summer with this track playing on my ipod, sipping a cold beer. Good times man, good times!

My song comes from a French singer, Christophe Mae. It's hard to choose just one, but this one is the very first I heard of him, and he has several other songs just as good.

[YOUTUBE]bkKxO2-yu7k[/YOUTUBE]​
Do I have a clue what he is singing, nope, but still, I just love the mellow feel to the song, the calmness it brings, and just the feel of it. It isn't really my typical style of music, but I definitely fell for Mae's music. Most people probably think he is utter plonk, I can't blame anyone, it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine. I first heard it in France when the neighbors to the house we rented, who were a lovely English speaking family, decided to show us some French music. This immediately stood out to all of us, and we got a copy of his album. We listened to it constantly for the journey home, something about it just made us want to hear it again. After awhile we totally forgot about him, until last year when I found the CD in a box. I was hooked again, and got his big songs onto my phone. I still didn't know what I liked about it, but the song just released me into a carefree world, where nothing bothered me, and I released all my fears and thoughts while listening to his music. So the music was soothing and peaceful and I continue to enjoy his music. Other songs of his that I love are Mon Paradis, Parce Qu'On Sait Jamais and Belle Demoiselle

From guiatr hero three, this one just stole the show for me. It was love at first......listen and I've been listening ever since:

[YOUTUBE]mqVZ_D_ym1I[/YOUTUBE]​

Also this:

[YOUTUBE]WGRHSyVUbZ4[/YOUTUBE]​

Don't ask. Off one of my favourite childhood games.

[YOUTUBE]yZEqztQ5D9Y&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Blue bird - Ikimono Gakari
I heard this song in Naruto.. Japanese it is! I'm an otaku and often fall in love with songs from different animes .. This is a really nice song.

Anything by Tito Puente. Also the Pakistani devotional singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
I won't bother to post the videos, but if you want to hear either of them they are all over youtube.

[youtube]uceBOIpuUb4[/youtube]​

Again this is from an anime I watch so It's in Japanese. I don't know what it is about the Japanese language that facinates me so much but it may be the the most amazing language in the world. The fact this song has a pretty awesome drum & guitar set doesn't hurt anything either.

Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane

This was a pretty easy choice for me, while I listen to a boatload of overseas electronic music, most of it is free of lyrics, and those that have them are usually in english; but that doesn't mean that I don't have a few foreign language tracks up my sleeve.

This track sports both Spanish and English lyrics, which kick in around the 3:40 mark. The legendary guitar riffs and upbeat electronics add to the ridiculousness that is Infected Mushroom.

Por Ti Volare

I'm sure there are better versions, but this one is my favorite.

[YOUTUBE]oBoZmTqiw6I[/YOUTUBE]​

Just found out about these guys this week, and I am absolutely mesmerized. I know most of you won't appreciate it's beauty, but I have never been so relaxed before I listened to this song. The song is in Icelandic which is a language I have never heard, or even talked about. The first time I listened to this song, I sat in my computer chair with my mouth wide open, and just mesmerized. I wasn't thinking about anything. It chills me out. I'm just in love with this song.

How can we have a favorite foreign songs thread without anyone mentioning DU HAST yet? Now that is my favorite foreign lyric song. Has been for pretty much forever. There's also a few Swedish songs I like (I'm a first generation Swede, for those who didn't know. Parents moved to the states back in 1981 and I was the first in our family born here.) but I'd rather share one that we can all enjoy so here's Rammstein's Du Hast.

[YOUTUBE]My0HQ0QkGLQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

English translation if you click the spoiler tag:

You
you have (hate)
you have (hate) me*
(4 x)
you have asked me
you have asked me
you have asked me
and I have said nothing

Do you want, until death do you part,
to be faithful to her for all your days

No, no

Do you want, until death do you part,
to be faithful to her for all your days

No, no

Do you want until the death,
to love her, even in bad times

No, no

This is my favorite song of foreign lyrics because even though it is in another language and I had to look it up to see what it meant, it has an awesome sound to it that just about anyone can rock out to, and when you look up the words it still sounds cool when translated, unlike most foreign songs which sound far superior in their original translation.

I have two current favorites right now.

[youtube]cHVjVKmOzFg[/youtube]​

Спирали & Инна Стилл - Система

Systema is the rough translation of this song. This is the only youtube video I can find of it, and I haven't been able to find the lyrics anywhere, because even in Russia, this song isn't that popular. But I FUCKING love the sound of it. It's a little uncomfortable listening to it though, because with most foreign songs I listen to, I at least have a good idea of what they're about. It's easy to find lyrics and translate them, but not with this song. I love it because it sounds so dark really. The style is a strange mix of southern tribal sounds, and Russian metal. It's one of the strangest combinations I've ever heard, and it's awesome.

[youtube]4vi9ZdJnDUE[/youtube]​

The other is Reise, Reise by Rammstein

The song is a lyrical vision of an ocean battle taking place. And you can really picture a cold ocean listening to this song. It's very very German, incase you're unfamiliar with Rammstein. XD I enjoy it because it sounds very powerful, and strangely relaxing at the same time. It gives me a visual image of flying over strong dark waves.

Christ, literally cannot believe that nobody has mentioned Sigur Ros.

[YOUTUBE]hnAwPeqrdAk[/YOUTUBE]

One of the most beautiful songs that I have ever heard, plain and simple. The song, like all of their other songs is sung Vonlenska which is basically a language used by their frontman, also known as Hopelandic. The song is honestly one of the single most similarly epic and haunting things I've ever heard. The instrumental in the middle of the song makes this for me. What adds to the beauty of this is actually the literal translation of the lyrics which are so simple:

Jumpin' Puddles

Smiling
Spinning 'round and 'round
Holding hands
The whole world a blur
But you are standing

Soaked
Completely drenched
No rubber boots
Running in us
Want to erupt from a shell

Wind in
Aand outdoor smell of your hair
I hit as fast as I could
With my nose

Hopping into puddles
Completely drenched
Soaked
With no boots on

And I get nosebleed
But I always get up
(Hopelandic)

And I get nosebleed
But I always get up

I thoroughly implore you to do anything you can to listen to this song and get your hands on any of their albums because they are, and I don't say this lightly, truly life-affirming.

[youtube]5m6e4H-2Q3A[/youtube]​

Like all but 1 song I've posted in here I got this from an anime I watch this time it was Bleach. They have a different theme song for every season s I'll probably post more.

As to why I like the song just listen to it. I love rock music which is what this is. I've stated I like female Japanese singers and this one is no different, her voice fits the song perfectly. The male singer is better than most others I've heard and his fits the song perfectly as well.

all in all a great song even though I can't understand the language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhq9n8gq4-0

Would really appeciate some help in the way of someone telling me how to post actual youtube vids on here.

ANYWAY, you Rammstein kids got it ALL wrong. This song is by Apocalyptica, lead vocals by Till Lindemann OF Rammstein. It's a german cover of David Bowie's "Heroes". So fucking good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhq9n8gq4-0

Would really appeciate some help in the way of someone telling me how to post actual youtube vids on here.

ANYWAY, you Rammstein kids got it ALL wrong. This song is by Apocalyptica, lead vocals by Till Lindemann OF Rammstein. It's a german cover of David Bowie's "Heroes". So fucking good..

EDIT; please delete this post, mods. No idea why it posted twice. Thanks.

Thank you Dagger and Xemnas for getting some Rammstein on here! I have some Stein and something a little different.

Seemann by Rammstein
I was born in Strausberg,France so I have gotten plenty of exposure to foreign music; I only lived there for 3 years but have gone back every year since to visit family. My dad actually got me into Rammstein and now they're one one of my favorite bands. I love all of their songs but the one that stands out for me is one of their softer ones in Seemann. I just love it because it shows that Rammstein can go slow and soft but still keep their beastliness with the powerful chorus. All around great song and I never get tired of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqnCEHHBRGE

Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban
I swear this is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever had the pleasure to hear. Not only is the violin very powerful in this song, Josh's voice is absolutly amazing. I know not many people go for this kind of music but give it a shot with an open mind, because if you do I really think you will like it. His entire album Oceano is great, he has a new one out but there are only a few good ones there. If you like this also try Hymne A L'amour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwNS-FPXOI

[YOUTUBE]WRrETyD3PME&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

I don't usually listen to songs in other languages, I only catch em when I'm watching a foreign movie and I've never had a favourite song in another language before but I finally found my favourite and it's by the one & only Jackie Chan. The song is beautiful, is there anything Jackie can't do? Acting, stunts, directing, singing etc. I've heard some of Jackie's other songs for his movies but this is my favourite. I don't even need to know the lyrics to love the song, Jackie's voice & the beat alone do it for me, they're epic.

My mother tongue is English but I also like Hindi songs very much because in Hindi music there are many romantic scene and much entertainment.

I love French and Italian music, mostly because the languages are so beautiful to a melody. A few favorites are:

Ce Soir by Kyo
[YOUTUBE]yXWLIamvjTY[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of my favorite French bands. IMO, this song is beautiful, I love the lyrics and it's a great "depressing" song if that makes sense :unsure:

The translated lyrics:
Dive into me, I'm opening myself one last time
I've hit rock bottom, I've lost my voice
Dive into me, she's untied the sounds
And even changed her name to cry my tears
I got my soul tattooed
A female warmth
I've learnt to be born
She's knocking in my head

(chorus)
Tonight our two bodies mingle
Proud of a perfect embrace
And if she wants life
I'll give her mine
She managed to free me
From my memories
Our two bodies mingle

Dive into me, she's opened my bottom
Her voice as a furrow to lead my steps
I got her soul tattooed
Under my ice-cold skin
I've learnt to be born

(chorus)

I'll go and run the red lights, flood your rivers, puncture your eyes
I'll go and engrave her name, change seasons if she wishes

(chorus)

Burn, burn, burn this world
Burn, burn, burn this world

Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban
[YOUTUBE]EJwNS-FPXOI[/YOUTUBE]

I know this song was already brought up by JWG, but I think it's an amazing song and Josh Groban's voice is gorgeous! I love him :worship:

Translated lyrics:
I will miss you if you go
I will miss your serenity
Your words like songs to the wind
And the love that you take away with you

I will miss you if you go
This moment is forever
I don’t know how to live
And the joy, my friend, will leave with you

I will miss you, I will miss you
Why are you going away?
Why has the love in you died?