• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Shoot interviews and most shocking stories revealed.

Macho_King

Dark Match Winner
First of all this is my first thread i've created. I've been a huge wrestling fan since i was young. Over the years i've seen many wrestlers come and go. Anyways a few years ago i started buying a few shoot interviews and have picked up many more since. If you don't know there are many different companies that produce the interviews RF Video, Highspots, Kayfabe Commentaries, ROH to name a few of the big ones. Shoots are just basically the individual sitting there being interviewed the entire time generally 2 hours so they are not for everyone. IE no actual wrestling action.

Most of the interviews are very good. It depends usually on the persons personality. One of my favorite shoots was RF Video with Scott Hall Vol.2 from 2008. It was great he went through his entire career up to that point and told the story of how he got his job with the WWE and how his Razor Ramon character came about. Basically in short Mr Perfect Curt Hennig (who Scott knew from his AWA days in Minneapolis) got him a meeting with Vince McMahon. So they both Hennig and Hall sat down with Vince (who had known Scott as the Diamond Studd in WCW before) in his office at a TV taping. And Vince had some ideas about a Military character for Hall but scott asked Vince if he had ever seen the movie scarface...Vince replied No. Then Scott started shooting off lines in the characters voice Tony Montana...such as Im gonna squash you like a F'N Cock-AAA-Roach and more of his lines then Vince just burst out laughing uncontrollably and he was hired. Then in short he went through how they thought of the name and how vince told Hall how to use his accent and to talk very slowly. They also went into the Vingettes they shot in Miami. Basically it was a great story you have to see to fully enjoy it.

Im sure it available through RFvideo.com

There are more i could list like the nasty boys, bret hart, Kevin nash, Kurt angle, Ken Patera and many more that are great.

Also there are great road stories, rib stories, and lots of controversial stuff as well on many subjects from many different people, from different times in history of the wrestling business.

Anyways what is your favorite shoot interview, shocking moment revealed, or funny story told?? Or which one would you like to see that you haven't seen or even who would have liked to have been seen interviwed that has passed or just hasn't done one yet. (Mine would be Owen Hart and Curt Hennig, lots of great stories about those two. They would be hilarious)

Heres just a little sample of a Nasty Boys shoot. They tell a funny story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTqEkB-YJg

I love all Iron Sheik shoot interviews. That is obvious. Two shoot interviews stand out in my mind.

#1 Paul Heyman shooting on Vince. I learned a lot by Vince and how as a person, I figured he was a dick but with what Paul Heyman said I learned a LOT about how he seems very grumpy and Paul could do a drop dead Vince impersonation. I also found it interesting how Vince learns by reading and not be being shown something.

#2 Ahmed Johnson shoots on his dad. Holy crap Ahmed's father was a SCUMBAG!!! That's an understatement. No wonder he was probably so angry with his promos and in the ring. Ahmed seems like a nice guy in his shoot interviews. But that one really stuck out.

Yeah the Iron Shiek shoots are funny as heck. How did i not mention that. The only problem is all he does is scream and when he tells a story you dont know if he telling the truth at all.

I have watched quite a few of these interviews on youtube. They are all very entertaining and enlightening. I think my favorite was with the Honky Tonk Man. He said a few things that were fascinating. First was HTM giving David Shults credit for coming up with the idea for wrestlemania. According to HTM, Shults came up with everything right down to using Mr. T. Apparently Shults was going to sabotage "the war to settle the score" so Vince would have no choice but to put him in Roddy Piper's place. The other was HTM confirming that he changed the course of wrestling history.
He claimed that he was in a room with Vince, Randy Savage and Elizabeth. Apparently Vince was talking to Savage like HTM wasn't even in the room. Vince wanted him to drop the IC belt to Savge at The Main Event. On top of that, Vince wanted to repackage HTM after dropping the belt. HTM basically told Vince to go fuck himself.
Vince gave Savage the world title at wrestlemania IV to appease him. I can't help but wonder what the original plans were for both belts and why Vince let a nobody dictate how things were going to go. I don't know how much of this I believe but is was a fascinating interview to listen to.

There are literally millions floating about. The New Age Outlaws have some pretty funny ones, and I like Kevin Nashs and Waltmans, because they always seem off their heads.

One of the most recent one is The Jeff Hardy and briefly Fatt Hardy one, about CM Punk. Hardy is on something and trashing CM Punk, blatently just hates the guy. I'm sure we've all seen it.

The Scott Steiner one in WCW is legendary which took place live on Nitro! He shoots on Flair, calling him a rip-off of Buddy Rogers, and a jealous old bastard and even claimed that when he was on TV people turned over to the then called WWF to watch Stone Cold Steve Austin, absolutley hilarious and quality. If you get a chance to watch some old ones of HBK they're also good too, and the people who shoot on him, who back then considered him a massive asshole!

Jacques Rougeaus is my fave... especially the story of how the Dynamite Kid saga went down and how Bret later faked a fever to excuse dropping the IC title to him and refusing to do the favour.

HBK did one during his 5 year hiatus from WWE that I found pretty interesting. It's 11 or 12 parts on Youtube, and he talks about his entire career up to that point from the very beginning. If everything he says is true, it's pretty interesting that he was almost booking the company in the mid 90s. And, of course, he goes through the Bret Hart feud (this was before they made up) and the Kliq. He answers everything asked of him, and he's very straight forward. Good stuff.

i think my favorite shoot would have to be The Sandman. He tells a story about how Tammy Lynn Sytch gave Sabu a bj for some pills or something like that. just kind of shows how sleazy the wrestling business actually is lol

Jim Cornette when he talks about TNA. The one after the TNA when They was revealed was more entertaining than the PPV.

This is a fun topic. I've seen many shoot interviews but here's a "Top 3" favorites list.

3) Shane Douglas - Shane Douglas, in his day, was a great promo cutter. His rants on Ric Flair and the NWA were strong and he was also a guy who never bit his tongue on anyone.

2) Scott Steiner - Of course, you can't ever be bored listening to Steiner's rants on guys like Ric Flair and Triple H. Steiner's infamous temper have made him a legend on the mic and it's also the only thing that keeps him interesting today.

1) Jim Cornette - Nobody today can shoot like Jim Cornette. The guy's 30+ years of experience in the business and strong opinions on certain people in the business (Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, etc.) gives him my vote as the best shooter today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back