• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Nascar Driver

Mrs Sexy

Occasional Pre-Show
My favorite driver is Kevin Harvick. He's my favorite because he took over Dale Sr.'s car after his passing. He's a great driver, but with a bad attitude. He's good looking(only with a hat on). He's been winner of the Daytona 500, granted winning that doesn't make him the greatest driver. He seems to always finish in the top 12, which is great. Harvick has had multiple wins each season. He doesn't have the greatest car, and he's not the greatest driver, but at least he is up in the top list of winners, or well-known drivers.

It seems like every year, he gets into an arguement with some other driver, which always ends up on the sports channels. My favorite arguement by him was when he jumped over a car in the (Busch) series, to go after Greg Bifle. That was classic.

So who is your favorite driver(s) and Why?

Jeff Burton

The first year that I watched Nascar, Jeff Burton finished second in points, and was growing a reputation for being one of the good guys in the garage.

He may not win the most races, and may not have the best car at every race, but he's always respected on and off the track, and always does his best with what he has, without complaining.

I've liked him when he drove for Roush, and I like him now that he drives for RCR. He's one of the elder statesmen in the sport, and hopefully can get a trophy in his twilight years...

Jeff Gordon. It may no longer be his time, being passed by his much younger team mate, Jimmie Johnson, but Jeff Gordon was the reason that NasCar was given its young star. I no longer watch NasCar, but when I was younger, there was nothing like watching Jeff Gordan race around the track at high speeds, beating Earnhart Junior. When I first started watching, my favorite was Earnhart and his #3 car. After his passing, I did cheer on Harvick. But have Harvick received a lengthy suspension, I picked Gordan, and I have stuck with him ever since.

Jeff Gordon. My brother and step Dad are really big into Nascar and they got me watching it in the mid to late 90s, their favorite driver like most Nascar fans at that time was Dale Earnhardt. All they would talk about was him so of course naturally I would act like I was a Gordon fan just to piss them off even though I really wasnt a fan of any particular driver. Then for some reason after faking it for so long suddenly I really did become a fan of his and have been ever since. Just like in wrestling I always seem to root for the heels and since Gordon isnt that well liked by most die hard fans it makes me like him even more. It kinda sucks though cause it seems like he hasnt won a race in forever, I dont think he won a single one last year and even in the couple years before that he would only win a few. He used to win a whole shitload a year.

But Im in no way a die hard Nascar fan. I keep up with it and check the results but I dont watch every single race from start to finish except for the Daytona 500. I always watch that. Going to the races are badass though, they have a few races a year about a half hour from where I live and Ive been to a couple of them. Its basically just one big party and there's always some hot drunk chicks there which is always a bonus.

Tony Stewart. He is clearly the most talented driver, and isn't someone who gets wins just because they have a good car, like Gordon, Johnson, or Harvick.

Since Harvick is my favorite driver, I was very excited to find out he got 2nd in the Daytona 500. I haven't watched all of the race yet. I have it on my DVR, so I will finish it asap. The one thing about Harvick during the race, that I do know, is... he started in the back, made his way to the front, then made his way to the back, and then up front again. He came out with a great finish!

Dale Earnhardt Jr. You probably think that its just jumping on the bandwagon but truth be told, I was a huge fan of his father way back in the early 90's til his death (R.I.P. Dale Sr.). Like a lot of Sr. fans I moved on to be a Jr. fan since then. I will say though I always preferred Jr. racing in the #8 Budweiser Chevy then his #88 car now. The red #8 just seemed to fit him like the black #3 did his father.

My other favorite drivers are Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart and Martin Treux Jr.

Has to be Dale Jr.

Like tburna I was a fan of his dad. When He died I was already a Jr fan so I just stayed one. Jeff Burton is another driver I'm a fan of. Been a fan of his since the days of the 99 Excide Card

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back