What Veteran Driver Would You Build Around?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This is for all you NASCAR fans, if there's any here...

Basically, pretend you're starting your own race team. What veteran driver would you start with? Why? Is it because they're known winners? Or, because they're smart, and can mentor your younger drivers?

My favorite driver is the one I'd start with. Jeff Burton has been known as the sport's main advocate for safety since the tragic death of Dale Earnhardt. He hasn't won many races (20 total I believe), but he is a known contender, and has made the Chase For The Cup the last 3 years. He finished 2nd to Jeff Gordon once in points also. I think he'd be a great mentor for the younger drivers on my team, as well as an on-track spokesman. On top of that, I'd have a guaranteed champion contender, while the younger guys learn the ropes. This would teach them how to win gracefully, something today's young drivers need to learn.

Jeff Gordon- There's honestly no other selection. He's at least the 3rd best driver of all-time, he's a proven winner AND a proven mentor (Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch). He's a 4x Champion, would be more had the format never been switched to this horrible Chase idea. He's closing in on 100 career wins, and is a legend. He's unselfish, as basically the captain of the team when it formed, Gordon could try to keep funds flowing his way but he's on board with Hendrick drivers splitting everything.

No other choice, in my opinion.

Jeff Gordon- Now I had thought of picking Tony Stewart here, but Gordon is a better choice due to him being a proven winner & a great mentor(Jimmie Johnson). Gordon's a 4 time champ(I believe it woulda been 5 or 6 had they not changed the rules to the chase format). He's unselfish as he's been the captain of the team for lots of years & instead of doing things his way & his way only, he instead splits everything with his fellow Hendrick teammates & that makes him a great teammate to work with & help develop the other drivers in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back