• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Matches of All Time

Hogan v. Rock. Hands down my favourite match of all time. There's no single match where I marked out more. I was solidly behind Hogan because why the fuck not? The emotional investment I had in that match was nothing compared to the Toronto crowd. Hands down best match.

Wow, when you think about this its hard to remember everything, well here we go.

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels from Bad Blood 2004
Personally, i believe this match to be extremely underrated, good pace for a Hell in a Cell. Had the blood and well HBK added in a ladder and a table. Very memorable and the match went about 50 minutes. Michaels and Triple H always built up the match so well and they always made you wonder if they were still actually friends.

Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle from WM 19
First off Angle went into the match with a broken neck which i didn't know until a week later, and i couldnt believe he put on a five star match doing the moves he did with a broken neck. Second, Brock concussed himself. This match was amazing, two of the best pure wrestlers this era has seen. God, WWE built this match up for months and the payoff was to die for...

The Alliance vs Team WWF from Survivor Series 2001
Now I know that this is a Survivor Series match. At the same time i was only ten and i thought that WCW and ECW were actually invading. but the 6 month build up, and the mind games going back and forth. I dont know i personally like it. I believe wrestling has gone downhill since, but looking at the names in this match i believe every one will be a hall of famer someday. how many survivor series matches can you say that.

Im going to say a few I havent seen mentioned yet.

AJ Styles VS Samoa Joe VS Daniels(C)- Unbreakable 2005- X Division Championship

Pretty fast paced, total nonstop action (no pun intended) and loads of amazing spots. Not the best of endings but a great overall match.

Edge (C) VS Undertaker- Wrestlemania 24- WHC
Great match in where just for brief moments I actually thought the streak was going to end when Edge countered nearly everything Taker had.

Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe) VS Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Booker T)- Lockdown 2009

Great Match, Lots of spots especially AJ styles Crashing through the top of the cage.

Obviously id pick RVD VS Cena ONS 2006 , CM Punk VS Cena MITB 2011 and much more, but these matches stick out to me.

One of my all time fav's ever.

WWF Championship - Chris Benoit Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - Smackdown, May 31st 2001

Competing in front of his hometown crowd, there was no stopping the Wolverine, as he battled the Rattlesnake. Man, what a match.. Benoit tried locking the crossface on four times in succession, but every time, Austin made it to the ropes. The fight spilled to the outside, where Austin grabbed the Federation Championship, but he was foiled from using it. Benoit then DDTed Austin onto the title and went up top for the diving headbutt. Unfortunately for the Wolverine, Austin lifted up the title, and Benoit dove head-first right into the championship! Shockingly, Benoit kicked out at 2!

The Wolverine kicked out of two subsequent pinfall attempts, and Austin went for the sharpshooter. Benoit powered out and reversed the hold, but Stone Cold followed with a reversal of his own. But Benoit again countered with a sharpshooter of his own! Finally, the Rattlesnake got to the ropes.

A desperate Austin went up top, but Benoit caught him and superplexed him from the top! Benoit then locked on the Crossface, but Austin again made it to the ropes. The fight spilled outside the ring, where the Rattlesnake continually suplexed Benoit off the announce table, injuring the Wolverine's already-sore ribs. Austin also repeatedly tossed Benoit into the ring steps.

Back in the ring, Stone Cold continued to torture the Wolverine, but Benoit fought back! Stone Cold then locked Benoit in the Walls of Jericho, seeking to stretch out Benoit's ribs. But Benoit powered out of the move, kicking Austin in the face!

Again, the Rattlesnake beat down Benoit, nailing him with a spinebuster and a big elbow, before again locking on the Walls of Jericho. This time, the Wolverine made it to the ropes.

Towards the end, Benoit Unbelievably nailed Austin with 10 consecutive German suplexes, the crowd loved it! Mr. McMahon got up on the ring apron, but Benoit knocked him off, then the Wolverine put Austin in the Crossface, but Mr. McMahon ran into the ring and knocked out the referee!

The chairman was about to hit Benoit with a chair, but Benoit hit McMahon with a low blow! Benoit then grabbed the chair and absolutely beat the living hell out of Mr. McMahon! That was the opening that Austin needed. He snuck up behind Benoit and rolled him up for the pinfall to retain his championship.

Amazing match! :worship:

Sorry, but I felt the need to add commentary. haha

My top match of all time would be HHH VS HBK at Royal Rumble 2004. Those two had one of the most bloody, intense, hard hitting last man standing matches ever...and the way it ended was amazing. Honestly, i dont think that the match needed the bloodshed that was in it because it was an amazing story, but Damn that match was good.

Hogan vs Rock WM18 - it was one of my favorite matches of all time it was icon vs icon Golden age vs Attitude simply classic
Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards Best in the World 2011 - one of my favorite indy matches of all time two friends fighting to the death for the ROH world title both very talented guys

i have a few: the first tag team ladder match between the hardys and the brood in the terri renyolds invitational......stone cold - the rock wm 15....6 man hell in a cell....and austin-undertaker first blood end of an era

From WWE- My favorite match would have to be Punk Vs. Cena MITB, because the match just had it all. We had not gotten a great, 5-star match from Cena since his hour long match with HBK back in 2007, but CM Punk gave Cena a historic match. Everything from the pop CM Punk got, to the ending with CM Punk kicking Del Rio and kissing McMahon goodbye with the title, great match.
WWF- Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan, Wrestlemania 6. The ultimate challenge. Whenever I want to see a great match I pop this one in. Obviously not a technical spectacle, but a great match none the less.
WCW- Sting Vs Hogan Starrcade 97. Finally, after almost a year and a half of Sting not competing, he finally gets a match with Hogan, and for the title. Great finish with Bret Hart " I won't let this happen again"

John Cena vs. CM Punk Money in the Bank 2011 - Excellent match that benefitted from great booking, great build up, and making CM Punk into a star. The storytelling in the match was great from everything like Cena refusing to take a screwy finish and doing it the right way, to Cena pacing himself to make sure he doesn't make a mistake, to Punk being the underdog and Cena being the Yankees. The crowd and atmosphere also put it over the top, and I can't forget to mention the action. The counters were all cool (the AA/GTS/STF sequence was just insane), the nearfalls were all hot, the teasing of the finishers were all done extremely well. Perfect finish for the story and everything that happened after was icing on the cake.

Hands down it has to be Bret and Steve Austin at WM13. Its just the storytelling involved and thumbs up to Ken Shamrocks acting. He sold it like a million dollars.

Also, there is an amazing match on youtube between Diesel/Michaels and Hall/123Kid. That match is easily forgotten but I would put it up there with the TLC Match at WM17.

:lol:I think hands down of Taker/Mankind Hell in a cell. I know a lot of people don't contribute this as a wrestling match, but I think it was one of those few matches that defines a generation. It changed the careers of both of them forever. It was a match that no other two people could duplicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back