• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Genre and your top 3 in that genre (movie version)

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
I did this in the VG&T section and thought it would be a nice addition to the Movie/TV & Music sections as well.

My favorite Genre is the horror genre. I love a movie that scares the shit out of me anytime I watch it. One of my favorite things to do on days I have off and don't go anywhere is wait til night turn off all the lights and make a tub of popcorn an watch as many horror movies as i can until I fall asleep and the 3 movies I love watching on nights like this (in no order) are.

Resident%20Evil%20movie%20image%20-%20slice.jpg

I love a good Zombie Apocalypse film and these are my favorite. I couldn't pick just 1 because I enjoy all of them so much. The fact that they are based (loosely) on one of my favorite game franchises doesn't hurt anything either.

saw-franchise.jpg

These movies are some of the bloodiest movies I've ever seen and that's one of the main things I look for in a horror movie. The traps and the way people die in this movie are gross and disgusting for the most part and I love every one.

29582.gif

This movie is just creepy. I love bloody horror movies but I almost couldn't make it through this one. It wasn't the blood more thought of the cenobites getting pleasure from pain and the fact that I find Sadomasochism creepy. Great movie that any fan of the horror genre should see.​

My favorite genre is comedies. I find movies as a way to escape life for a while and have a good time, and comedies are my favorite way to have a good time. I love laughing and just seeing funny things happen to people.

My top three isn't going to be the top three best movies in the genre as I probably haven't seen some of the best. This is going to be my three favorites, which will probably include what is considered bad movies.

1. Dumb and Dumber

This is the funniest movie I have ever seen. It's the first movie I remember going to the theaters to watch, which probably isn't the best movie for a four-year-old to see. For the longest time I didn't get a lot of the jokes, but once I started understanding them the more I fell in love with the movie. I think I can quote almost the entire movie.

Rat Race

I think this is one of the most underrated comedies since I never hear it getting discussed. It has an all-star cast, a crazy storyline and some brilliant comedy throughout. I could watch this movie every week and never get sick of it. It also has a pretty good message at the end, which is pretty cool since most comedies these days only go for the laughs.

Hot Rod

I find this movie way too funny for my own good. I constantly quote it in conversations whenever possible. The cast is full of big-time names in comedies and everything just clicks. It's just so stupid it's hilarious.

I have 3 favourite genres, Action, Comic Book/Game & Horror. However with the Action & Horror, it's difficult for me to pick top 3 faves for them as I love so many movies from those two genres not that I'm saying I don't love a lot from the Comic Book/Game genre but with the Comic Book/Game genre it's easier for me to find top 3 faves, so I'm going with the Comic Book/Game genre for this one although with my picks, no game movie made my top 3 list.

In no order

Blade - Doesn't matter which of the 3 but man do I love watching Wesley Snipes kick vampire ass. I liked all the storylines in all 3 movies although if if my wish could come true, I would've traded Morbius in as the villian in part 2 instead of the reapers, as originally scheduled. I hope when Wesley comes out of prison they can make a Blade 4 with Morbius as the villian. All the vampires died in 3 but Morbius in the comics turns himself into a vampire after an experiment gone wrong, so would make sense for him to be in part 4.

The Dark Knight - Good storyline and brilliant acting on Heath Ledgers part, he really made that movie for me. And unlike the Jack Nicholson & Tommy Lee Jones version of The Joker & Two-Face, this time The Joker & Two-Face were actually menacing which is how Joker & Two-Face should be. What ruined the original two Batman movies a little bit for me was the fact they were more comic than evil, so The Dark Knight got it right and surpasses any past Batman film imo.

Spiderman - It's not so much the storyline or acting which bothers me. Even if the movie is shit, I still enjoy it cause I'm a huge mark for Spiderman. What makes the movie for me are the villians. I'm interested in seeing how they look & act in real life from what they look like in the comics and every villian so far with the exception of Venom didn't really disappoint me. I know it's a lame reason to like the Spiderman movies but that's just me. Out of the 3 movies though, the one that I enjoyed most was part 3 which ironically is the part that everybody calls the crappest but I could care less about what critics say.

Ooh good thread!

After writing my dissertation comparing the cinematic representations of Samurai and Cowboys, I've finally become a huge Western fan.

Shane
300px-ShaneDVDcover.jpg

This is just a terrific genre film that pretty much cemented the formula of how to do a Western that drew upon the myth of what cowboys were. The ending gets me every time, but the build up throughout the film is what makes the ending so good.

The Outlaw Josey Wales
the%20outlaw%20josey%20wales.jpg

Before talking about the film, I believe it was this Eastwood character that 'The Saint of Killers' from the Preacher comic book series was based on which is just fantastic in itself. Wales is my favourite Eastwood character due to his grittiness, sense of humour and just all round being a badass. I saw Gran Torino for the first time a few months ago, which is pretty much a continuation of the same kind of character as he is quite embittered and does the same spitting taunt that he did in 'Outlaw...'

Finally... Once Upon A Time In The West
511FVYDM2AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What can be said about this film? It's epic in the traditional sense of the word, the score is almost beyond perfect, the direction is fantastic and the characters are all superb. I still love the irony that it took an Italian to rejuvenate the genre with the 'Dollars' trilogy, but this was a blend between the Spaghetti Western style and the classic era John Ford type of Western.

Once again, fantastic thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back