• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Fatal 4 Way Title Matches

WWEIsLife2

Championship Contender
With the Fatal 4 Way PPV around the corner it got me thinking about some 4-Way Title Matches in Recent Years in WWE History. So what are your personal Favorites? One of mine is the Fatal Four Way from Unforgiven 2000 with The Rock defending the WWF Title against Undertaker,Chris Benoit,and Kane. That one had alot of non stop action,near falls,etc and even a False finish with Chris Benoit thinking he had won the Title but Mick Foley Restarting The Match and Rock Retaining his WWF Title.

Honorable Mentions-

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero vs X-Pac-IC Title at No Way Out 2001

HHH vs Randy Orton vs John Cena vs The Big Show-WWE Title from RAW in June 2009

JBL vs Undertaker vs Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero-WWE Title at Armageddon 2004

HHH vs The Rock vs Big Show vs Mick Foley-WWF Title at Wrestlemania 16/2000

Im sure I forgot a couple but those are some of my Favorite 4-Way Title Matches. So what are yours?

Guys,

Please remember that this is a NON-SPAM section. You MUST provide REASONS behind all of your choices or else you will be infracted!!​

The Unforgiven 2000 match was really solid in terms of performance. Each wrestler had their moment in the spotlight during the match, which is what every Fatal Four Way match should endeavor to do. My favorite part of the match is when Benoit thinks he's won the title, Foley takes it from him, and Benoit turns around to see Kane, Undertaker, and The Rock all lined up looking right at him. The build for the match was great too as all four men had a beef with the other in some way or fashion.

Another really good Fatal Four Way match was the JBL- Undertaker-Booker T- Eddie Guerrero one. It was the only time I remember The Undertaker and Eddie Guerrero ever being in the ring against one another, and that sequence is my favorite part of the match. Yes, the match had a cheap ending, but it was JBL's title reign. So, what did you really expect?

I know this isn't the place really, but they won't let me start threads for some reason, so am i the only one that thinks the fatal 4 way match is idiotic? I mean beating one man to win the title is ludacris, I've always favored the 4 way dance ecw style anyone unfamiliar with that its 4 guys wrestle until there is one winner which is the way it should be, elimination style. Thats just my opinion let me know what you guys think

I'm not sure if this counts, but at Armageddon, the 4-way ladder match between MNM, Londrick, the Hardy Boys, and Regal & Taylor. I seriously have watched that match 15 times and love all the spots.

I know this isn't the place really, but they won't let me start threads for some reason, so am i the only one that thinks the fatal 4 way match is idiotic? I mean beating one man to win the title is ludacris, I've always favored the 4 way dance ecw style anyone unfamiliar with that its 4 guys wrestle until there is one winner which is the way it should be, elimination style. Thats just my opinion let me know what you guys think

Well, I think the Fatal Four Way is a unique type of match that only should be used once in a while as a way to mix things up. I can see advantages to both types of matches. The single fall fatal four way brings a sense of peril to the champion who now has to consider that another pinfall can happen while he may be trying to defeat one of the other opponents. However, the ECW 4 Way Dance type of match allows for a more concrete winner as there would be theoretically one true undisputed winner at the end of it.

Mine's got to be the #1 contenders match from smackdown in late 2002,chris benoit vs. eddie guerreo vs. edge vs. kurt angel not only the best fatal four way imo but possibly the greatest match in free t.v. history.You should watch if you haven't seen it already.The one at wrestlemania 16 was damn good though.

i do like the elimination style of the match, it adds more layers to the match, but the peril of jus one pin fall is quite entertaining. as far as my fav fatal four way, hmmm, wrestlemania 16, love all the build up, was great, with a McMahon in each corner, and Trips actually keeping it for the first time in mania history, was a damn good match too.

My favourite would have to be the fatal four way elimination match at Wrestlemania 16...HHH vs The Rock vs Mick Foley vs The Big Show...

Everything about the match was amazing...the pre fueds from Royal Rumble..all these superstars had something against each other...and the match was kinda a screwjob at the end with thr mcmahons re-forming...but i think it was just amazing...

I mean the Rock took the spotlight from Austin in early 2000 and he didn't dissapoint...

first fall to the finish and elimination style fourway matches are both super entertaining and depending on the feud, both styles can really add to the angle. sometimes, it's better to have the first decision win it, especially to increase the "opportunist" angle or something like that. but if you want the one true or dominant champion to either win or retain the title, then elimination is the way to go.

on that note, i can't remember the event name or even the year, but pretty recently it was Triple H, Randy Orton, JBL and John Cena in an elimination style fatal fourway match. that one was pretty entertaining, but mainly cuz i never expected Triple H to win. shocking i know, given his record of wins and title reigns. but i also liked the furthering of the JBL and John Cena feud, which i thought was good at the time.

besides that one, the others mentioned that i totally agree with are Wrestlemania 16 and the JBL, Booker T, Taker and Eddie Guerrero match. great feuds and spots in both.

My favorite Fatal Four Way match had to be the Wrestlemania 2000 main event, I absolutely loved the pay per view as a whole, and I've always been a big Triple H fan so the fact that he retained at Wrestlemania was just another way of making it a great match for me.

And I've always loved the Fatal Four Way or Triple Threat elimination matches that occurs every now and then, the fact that all of the McMahon's were in the respected corners made it even more awesome.

i can not believe this has not been mentioned but guys what about backlash 2007 orton vs cena vs edge vs michaels. that as a great match and the ending was totally unexpected and it left michaels feeling so frustated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back