• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Album of the...00s

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
2000-2009

discovery.jpg
album-human-after-all.jpg
Discovery​
Human After All​

I had to give a shout out to my favorite Electronic/House band Daft Punk but i couldn't pick just 1 album so I picked 2. Discovery was released in 2001 and H.A.A. in 2005. I would have added their first ablum Homework but it was made in 97.

I don't know what it is about these albums but every time I play them I have to move and when I'm alone I'll actually get up and dance, I cant help it. Now I don't know many bands from thins genre but out of what I have heard this band is my favorite and these albums are fucking awesome.

Discovery
[YOUTUBE]FGBhQbmPwH8[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]gAjR4_CbPpQ[/YOUTUBE]

Human After All
[YOUTUBE]UoPplpBPQxQ[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]sFZjqVnWBhc[/YOUTUBE]​

I couldn't pick my favorite songs off the albums because I love all of them so I just picked 2 singles from each.

On a side note if you're at all interested in the 2 videos I posted for Discovery they are scenes taken from Daft Punk's movie Interstella 5555. Instead of actual lines it's the entire Discovery Album. Great piece of Animation that should be watched by everyone. I urge you to check it out especially if you've liked these songs or are a fan of the Art of Animation.

220px-Machine_Head_-_The_Blackening.jpg

The Blackening by Machine Head

A pure metal masterpiece (Released in 2007)

I don't know what to say except that this is metal at its finest. I'd describe their sound as Metallica+Pantera had a baby together. Its just damn good & epic metal

Some songs you guys can sample

[youtube]zJR1PWUikMI[/youtube][youtube]3TY_zITJ68k[/youtube]​

The hate this band gets may make some scoff at my choice, but I can't lie about this one.

Blackparadecover.jpg

This might even be my favorite album ever. Really, I love it that much. Everything, from the mood, to the heaviness, to the lyrics, is absolutely perfect, and creates an overall package that is greater than the sum of its parts. And still, all the songs here are at least good, with many being insanely great (like Sleep and Famous Last Words). The narrative throughout is pretty easy to grasp, and yet is clearly open to interpretation. My only complaint is one song (I Don't Love You) stands out as being not quite as good as the rest. Even so, I don't think I enjoy listening to any other album as much as this one.

The hate this band gets may make some scoff at my choice, but I can't lie about this one.

Blackparadecover.jpg

Theres no legitimate gripes that can be made about MCR as musicians if you ask me :shrug:

Some ridiculous kids who think they are soooOOOooooOOO metal :disappointed: (And this coming from a guy who picked Machine Head for AOTD 00s) just can't accept the band because Gerards singing is not the most masculine sounding thing ever but he is a great vocalist

It is tough to pick just one but I am going with Fallen by Evanescence because it does not have a single skippable track, was a different but great sound, the influences it went on to have years later, and it appeals to more than just the rock crowd. I have had it for years now and it remains one of my favorites overall and not just for the 2000-2010 decade.

afeveryoucantsweatout300.jpg

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At The Disco.

They're a very underrated band in my opinion. Especially underrated is their first album. I am yet to loan it to somebody and have the comeback and tell me they didn't like it, and some people I've given it to don't even listen to rock music, but as I told them, Panic! At The Disco were a pop-rock, dance fusion; honestly, that's the best way I can describe them, as in-truth their first album doesn't have a genre. It's too unique for one, appears as 'Unkown' on Windows Media Player.

If I was to pick two songs from the album, they'd be...

[YOUTUBE]h6RSR1cNwU0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EM01NEy-lVM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qBE5Z3vwdNE[/YOUTUBE]​

Songs are uniques, names are extravagent, and in-total it was a very good album. And then in the second they went and fucked it all up by trying to be Beatles 2.0 and it failed, good they're back to this kind of stuff though.

mercy+drive-frontal.jpg

So much to choose from, I had to narrow it down but eventually went with this album. This was the self titled debut and also final album from the band who called themselves Mercy Drive. Does that name ring a bell to anybody? They were most famous for Randy Ortons old theme before his current one called Burn in My Light. Released in 2005 the album was only available through the bands website and was purchase by the die hards(including myself). There was talk about the band to write another studio album but things quickly fell apart and the band separated and decided too pursue other interests,which is a shame because I really loved this album. While not inventing the wheel as far as their sound goes. The album proved but be nothing more than simple and straight up Rock and that's what I really love about it. In its simplicity they manage to deliver a very solid rock album and to this day, I can still listen to it all the way through and not skip a song as the album still feels fresh to me. Its such a shame they broke up though, the band had potential. Just a sample below, My favorite song off the album titled Away. Do yourself a favor, look em up and you might find out why my love for this band has not yet diminished.

[YOUTUBE]jgWzz0rzGOE[/YOUTUBE]​

15mbgd3.jpg

The only things that make me want to think about being an European are Wade Barrett and the Backstreet Boys.. haha

After a five year break, Backstreet came out with this one. It had a completely different sound compared to their previous albums (Backstreet's Back [U.S. version of Backstreet Boys], Millennium , and Black & Blue). You can tell the guys were experimenting with their sound.. And while it wasn't a commercial success compared to their previous albums here in the states, I loved most of the songs.

[YOUTUBE]WVe80iZtlYU[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]CSOzCkYOsqQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Ac73kKJs4Yg[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]JxwPrD9Ugjw[/YOUTUBE]

I like a lot more songs from the album (11 out of 16), but I am sure you macho men don't want me to spam with the fucking Backstreet Boys anymore. :p

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At The Disco.

They're a very underrated band in my opinion.

And then in the second they went and fucked it all up by trying to be Beatles 2.0 and it failed, good they're back to this kind of stuff though.

I picked their so called "fail" which was widely praised by critics and included on many best-of-the-year lists. Opinions are your right and welcome though I'd like to know why you thought it sucked. If it's just because they included a lot of Beatle-esque ideas, there are much much worse bands they could have tried to emulate. I for one hated their first album with the exception of the last two songs.

And with that I choose

panic-at-the-disco-pretty-odd-428015.jpg

There is not one song I would skip on this album and my favorite is probably:

[YOUTUBE]w883JF6BUlU[/YOUTUBE]​

The other album I would choose would be Audioslave's first. Terrific album with no less than six singles and a couple of great songs that flew under the radar (Exploder, Last Remaining Light, Getaway Car). Good stuff.

I am sure you macho men don't want me to spam with the fucking Backstreet Boys anymore. :p

:p apparently none of us are too macho if you actually look at the album choices

With the exception of my choice which was totally macho
(but then my user name is refferencing Lady Gaga & I defended MCR)

Soooooo I think we're not too macho for BSB up in here but at the same time posting more than 4 videos at once would be a bit spammy :shrug:

I actually find it refreshing to see a topic about favorite albums on this forum , cause on the Rock Band forums for instance you'd probably never see people mentioning real stuff. Their heads are all way too far up their asses , they would have said something like (Insert an evil black metal album here) or "I hate all music from the 00s!" :disappointed:

So yeah I actually like seeing you guys over here saying MCR/PATD/BSB/Evanessence etc. instead of acting like those other people :)

Good to see the bands with the higher album sales figures fans do exist and its not a pack of lies , they just aren't on THAT forum and its ironic cause they are like... music snobs but they play with plastic instruments.... lol

The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem is my choice. Eminem was coming into his true musical success here and this album was a pure classic. He showed such a wide range of variety on this album, from the intense and passionate Kim, portraying his rocky relationship with his wife, to The Real Sim Shady, showing a hilarious Eminem making fun of celebs and just seeing how bad he could piss people off, in now classic Em style. Not to mention the serious side of Eminem in songs such as The Way I Am, showing his struggles with the media and becoming famous, and then songs like I'm Back and Bitch Please II, just showing classic Shady tearing up tracks. There really isn't a skippable track on the album and it is pure genius from start to finish, and shows why Eminem is one of the premier musicians of out generation and one of the best rappers to ever pic up a mic.

MCRThreeCheers.jpg

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE-Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.
I love this album so much, i listen to it just about every other day in its entirety. This is the album that pretty much started MCR's amazing career.

[YOUTUBE]dhZTNgAs4Fc[/YOUTUBE]
This song and this video made me fall in love with this band..and this is coming from a HUGE metal head.

Favorite album of the 2000's? Damn, tough choice to pick just one. I started out the decade in college so I was listening to far different music then I am now, or began to when I started my career. My favorite album of the decade is one I was listening to both then and now, as it was released back in 2000.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Dispatch-whoarewelivingfor.jpg

[YOUTUBE]COBbvfWHlUk[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]j-ihPNn6LsQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3Wb-ahSJjYI[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]gohyQU3RkMU[/YOUTUBE]

How much do I love this band? Only so much that I got tickets for day 2 of their 3 day tribute show at MSG in New York back in July of 2007, 8 hours away, and dragged my now wife along with me. The fun thing about the situation was that we were getting married the next week, and it was a pretty large wedding, with alot of planning still to be done. I didn't care. I swore back in 2000 I would see them live, and with the possibility that there wouldn't be anymore Dispatch shows following this, I took the chance of pissing off my parents and soon to be in-laws(and they were pissed) to engage in one more trip of hedonistic bliss before I got married. Amazing show, the best Ive ever been to, and just posting this stuff has me nostalgic. Absolutely my favorite band of the 90's, and Id do it all over again if I could.

My favourite album of the 00's has to be none other than Brandon Flowers & co's second album, Sam's town. This album had about everything (except from good lyrics in some songs), from power ballads to pure rock tunes. No wonder the album spawned so many singles, they are all so good. My favourites have to be:
[youtube]VeBBmYRe9uQ[/youtube]
and
[youtube]odYRv0Veig4[/youtube]

The album that comes to mind immediately is "Stillmatic" by Nas.

REWIND:
http://youtu.be/J3Sd2gDkSV8

A story told in a song is amazing. To tell it backwards? It's hard to top that. Well done and it's only one of the highlights.

2ND CHILDHOOD:
http://youtu.be/b0uQwG9ycF0

Great story about how inner-city kids often times shoot for the wrong stars and stay stuck in a constant cycle by their own doing. Very well done.

The album was great from top to bottom for me.

WHAT GOES AROUND:
http://youtu.be/b3ms70RLDsc

Perhaps the best song of the album to me.

The beats were nice. The lyrics were precise. The theme was well done. A bit of the mainstream stuff to get the sales, but even that was done well enough. Personally, I prefer this album to Illmatic and I love both.

Great album. One of my favorites.

Expsky.jpg

Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone (2007)

These guys are a gem, and this album is perhaps their strongest overall with each song flowing seamlessly into the next. The title is a reference to a line from Catcher in the Rye which is one of my favourite books so they earned some bonus points for that! For the ears of anyone interested in ambient rock, have a listen to these :)

modestmouse_moon.jpg

This album was released in 2000 and was their 4th LP to be released & was their first album on a major. I loved their first 3 album with their edgy raw indie rock but this album was and still is their most adventurous outing to date, essentially a concept album about life & death and all the stuff that happens in between this album has razor sharp lyrics and a massive soundscape whilst maintaining a fairly modest and low key recording, 3rd Planet has turned into one of our favorite camp fire songs, Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes is like attending a disco from hell, Gravity Rides Everything is like lovely dream and songs like Different City and Alone down There are chilling rock songs with very bleak yet strangely optimistic and ambiguous lyrics. After this the band would go on to bigger and brighter things and storm the American charts but unlike their later efforts and the efforts proceeding it this does feel more like a complete album as opposed to a very strong collection of songs & it's brilliant.

3rd Planet
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
Alone Down There

Tech N9ne- Sickology 101

Tech-N9ne-Sickology-101.jpg

I love Tech N9ne, easily my favorite rapper going today and this was my favorite album he dropped in this time frame. I do believe he's topped it twice since then with his releases of K.O.D. and All 6's and 7's, but at the time of it's release I believe it was his best work. He has a knack for featuring the right guests on the right songs instead of just throwing anybody on it to boost album sells. Every track on here goes harder than a motherfucker and I truly think it's a classic Hip Hop album.

Stillmatic by NaS. It had songs with substanse such as what goes around, one mic, and my country. It had great story telling songs like rewind, 2nd childhood. It also gave hard songs in ether,destroy and rebuild, and got urself. Overall this lp was lyrically superior just about any album that decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back