• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fav 5

DD84

PWN
I saw this on another wrestling forum and stole it and put it here. Who are the 5 best wrestlers in the WWE in order. You can pick on any reason. What are the 5 best wrestlers in the WWE to you. Here are mine. You can have ties in this for a position. And you can also put in a group together.

5. John Cena
A year or so ago I would have put him at number one b/c he was at the top of his game. He has been getting stale on RAW, I hope they move him to Smackdown in the Draft.

4. Triple H
I don't really like him, but he is great. I wish he lost more often. He really wins to much, but at least he is willing to lose to a future or already made star at WrestleMania.

3. Shawn Michaels
His feuds just get better each and every time. I really believe whats going on with him on the show, is going on in his real like( I'm not a mark, but it just feels "real").

2. Chris Jericho
He is amazing in his promo's. He doesn't even really wrestle anymore, but he is simply amazing. He his great, he should have gotten someone else to wrestle at WrestleMania.

1. Randy Orton and his Legacy
Orton is the Best Heel in wrestling period. No one can match what he brings, day in and out. He is so intense and really puts on a great match and show. Orton is bringing along two future stars with him at the same time and they are growing leaps and bounds.

Who Am I...I'm starting to enjoy your threads. It wouldn't be completely fair unless I criticized the question haha but as far as wrestling goes, it's hard to say who the best are. John Cena is marketable, but has about 4 or 5 moves, so to say he's a top wrestler is very hard, but I'll go with superstar :)

5. Jack Swagger
This guy is a young and less appealing Kurt Angle. As far as actual wrestling goes, he can do it. Hopefully his gimmick evolves and he'll get a shot at a main roster, but I think the guy has a very bright future.
4. Chris Jericho
He proved he still has the ability to at least talk. I'd put him higher but quite frankly he hasn't had an actual match in a while. Shawn Michaels was able to prove at last year's 'Mania that he still has something in him, and hopefully Jericho can prove this year he still has it. Plus the Cage Match with Batista was a priceless Raw moment and I'm glad Jericho came out on top in that.
3. Shelton Benjamin
He's probably the biggest upset in WWE history. It amazes me that such a talented guy didn't do more. It may or may not be his fault, but it seems like such a waste of talent.
2. Kozlov
I'll get yelled at, but the guy is a flashback. He's an actual "wrestler", as the wrestlers of old intended it to be. I love the destructive forces, however WWE has them lose once after a year, and then lose forever (Umaga). I think the WWE could've had a great future with Kozlov once his character started developing more. Too bad they gave up on him.
1. Randy Orton
I have to agree with you, the guy is simply scorching right now. If WWE chooses to expand the Legacy, Orton has the potential of becoming a living legend before the age of 30.

A close 6th place would be MVP. Like Kozlov, WWE needs to invest long term, and besides Orton, they've done a poor job. MVP, Punk, and Kozlov need to start making main event impacts and WWE needs to follow through.

Well, here goes. :p

5. Evan Bourne. He continues to impress me every week i watch ECW and i can't wait till he gets his much deserved championship reign.

4. MVP. I am a HUGE MVP fan. From his promo skills to his wrestling skills, this guys is above average and I'm happy creative finally let MVP win. I think he's ready for a major title reign next year if he doesn't mess up and i enjoy watching him everyday.

3. Triple H/Chris Jericho. His promo skills are great and his wrestling is average. From being DX to going to winning most of the time, he continues to show why he deserves the main-event spot. Could he improve? yes, but let's start by letting some people lose. :p
Jericho: I love what he brings to the table and continues to also show why he deserves to be main-event. His promos are excellent and his feud with Shawn Micheals was awesome.

2. Randy Orton- The top of his game at the moment and improving each week. His promo skills are EXCELLENT and will continue to shine. He actually makes me believe that he's a crazed maniac sometimes hehe.

1. John Cena- I might get criticized for this, but John Cena puts on a good show, day in and day out. He is helping WWE with ratings and etc right now and just continues to be a great role model for kids. I enjoy watching him every week and his promo skills and wrestling ability improves every year. :)

5. The Undertaker...he still has it dont ask me how but he does. Hes not what he use to be but he still has a big move set, is incredibly over, sells well, and keeps his gimmick believable after all these years.

4. Shawn Michaels...he still can deliver on his promo's and show emotion and make everything believable. In the ring, when he wants to or on a big occassion he can steal the show and make anty one who is in the ring with him look respectable at worst.

3. Randy Orton...debated between him and HHH. Orton has the whole package, and when he is focused he could be that damn good. I also love the fact he is using his star to help out Rhoades and DiBease. His character is absolutely perfect from moves, interviews, attitude, even music.

2. Triple H...he doesnt put alot of people over, but if he does your gonna look good doing as well as he will still make himself look strong. He's a lifer to the business, so even if you dont like him him for this or that you have to respect he will be in the business till he dies. He can still go 30 plus with anyone. He knows how to play to the crowd, and has the ability to bring the crowd from dead to into a match very quickly.

1. John Cena...the proof is in the puddling. When he's on camera, the crowd is alive. No one creates a buzz more than Cena. He's not Bret Hart technically gifted, but he makes up for that with intensity, strength and passion. He has proven to have good matches with almost anyone on the roster. Lives and breathes wrestling, he's not gonna Dwayne us, so at the least you have to respect that.

num5:Shelton Benjamen he's got so much talent and they under use him

num4:Kane he won the wwe tittle for 1 night and never got it back what kind of bs is that besides BIG SHOW hes the best big man they got

num3:Christian(Cage) if Mcstupid idiot would get off hes high hourse and see that Christian is a phenomal wrestler maybe people would like him better give Christian a fckn chance Vince

num2:Y2J Chris Jericho hes been 1 of my favs for ever since i can remember but there under useing him with this whole legends comeing back thing he hasnt had a real match for ever he had Kofi but no just keep screwing him

num1:Randy Orton i dont care what people think hes the best thing wwe's got (beside Jericho of course) and give Ted and Cody the world tag team tittles so they have something to use most of the time they just sit in the back while Orton talks

1. Shawn Michaels
HBK just keeps raising the bar. I'm loving everything he's doing, and all of these recent storylines have been much more interesting than either of the major titles.

2. HHH
Hunter's recent intensity has put him over the top in his feud with Orton. These two can put on great matches, but HHH is the reason I'm watching them.

3. Edge
I never thought I would really like him, as he always seemed to be more quirky than believable, however he is really impressing me with his ability to pull off emotions from the crowd and still deliver great matches.

4. Orton
His feud with HHH (or anything he's done since returning from his injury for that matter) has been great. There is still something scripted-sounding in his promos, and even though his intensity is great, it just needs to be a little more nature. His in-ring work makes up for this and more, in my opinion.

5. Undertaker
Just being who he is brings attention to his work and I'm so glad he finally has a decent feud now. His match with HBK is going to be my most eagerly awaited of all those at WM 25.

1) Jericho- great at everything he does. Can't be beat. Great heel and great as face.
2)Christian- GREAT on the mic. Almost as good as Jericho in the matches. The two of them @ Mania with Trish was great.
3)Edge- Same as the other two. Great on the mic and great matches. I miss the flatliner finisher though. Hate the spear for a finisher.

5. Triple H - I remember once, Triple H said in a promo, something to the affect of, if you haven't been through me, you're nothing, which I suppose is true in a way. You don't have to actually defeat Triple H but a feud with him is a nice rub for any young wrestlers who are reaching the main event status. He's a good in ring performer, a good promo cutter and is one of the most entertaining superstars they have. One of my faveourites, definately.

4. The Undertaker - One of the WWE's main wrestlers. He's synonymous with SmackDown! and WrestleMania and it will be a big loss for the WWE when The Undertaker decides to have his final match which at the same time, I want to see but I also don't want to see The Undertaker leave the WWE. He has probably the best gimmick at the moment and when the time comes, he always puts on a good show. He's incredibly over with the fans. The two times I have seen him, the crowd's cheering, whistling, screaming and clapping have been almost defeaning.

3. Randy Orton - He's going to be leading the WWE into the future because he has the talent, in ring and decent promo skills and he has a great finisher which can come from out of nowhere and is very popular. He's a cocky, arrogant heel who can beat opponents cleanly too. He pretty much has a perfect character really.

2. Shawn Michaels - I've always been a fan of his and while Chris Jericho had his hiatus from the WWE, Chris Jericho was still my faveourite of all time, but my faveourite current wrestler at the time was Shawn Michaels because he has the charisma and the talent to steal the show. Seeing him live was really awesome too.

1. Chris Jericho - Chris Jericho, to me, is the best the WWE has at the moment and I can't believe that it is looking to be a complete waste of what could be a great Chris Jericho match at WrestleMania 25 with three over the hill wrestlers who should stay away. Chris Jericho is the complete package. He has great in ring skills, he has the best promo skills and is such a good heel, that people are waiting for him after a show to actually try and fight him. He's also very versatile and could do face or heel at the snap of the fingers. There are other heels like Edge/Orton/JBL, but I don't remember anyone waiting for them after a show to try and bash them for real. Chris Jericho as a heel is the best thing for Chris Jericho because he's able to let it all out and say what he wants and act like a complete douche bag which is better for him because I think he works better as a heel.

5. The Undertaker
Would be higher if he worked more, but you can't blame him at this point. He can make anything a main-event without having any build-up involved.. great asset.

4. Triple H
Like him or not he's dedicated. He's more limited now, but still works to his fullest capabilities. IMO, the best on the mic..

3. Jeff Hardy
He's my personal favorite, but beyond the homerism he gets everyone into a match.. he builds anticipation. You want to see what he does next.. he walked right out of a suspension right back into the roaring crowd, that's value.

2. Randy Orton
My #2 personally, he just has the "it" factor. I don't know what it is but he intrigues me. When he does a promo I have to watch it. I also think he's the best all-around worker, offense+selling.

1. John Cena
It's not really close. He does his job better than anyone else- sells merchandise, gets the crowd involved, main event all the way.

1. Chris Jericho - Look at how talented this guy is. He has managed to take what has so far been a terrible angle and make it interesting. His promos are always great, but the ones with the legends were awesome (especially with Steamboat). Hopefully, this is all leading to a great swerve before and great match at WM25.

2. Randy Orton - I can't say enough about this guy. Up until he started the whole I.E.D. thing and began showing fear after his actions to people, he was the best heel that the WWE had. To me, that took him down a notch. He was better when he was ruthless enough to kick someone in the skull without remorse. Still, this guy - wow. His potential is unlimited. His in ring work, promos, all are spectacular.

3. Edge - He seems to be getting a bit stale as far as storylines go, but he is still a thrill to watch. His promo a while back with Vickie over in the corner of the ring - his eyes bulging out, hair a mess, he really made you think he had snapped. He's awesome.

4. John Morrison - I have been pulling for this guy to make it big since his tag days with MNM. He has the look, the talent, the gimmick - all. With promos being so important in today's scene, he is going to have to improve (as he already has a great deal). The guy has such an amazing move set that it just makes him a pleasure to watch in the ring. I really hope he gets a huge push sometime in the future.

5. Ted Dibiase - Much like Morrison, I really hope he gets the push he needs to make it as a main even performer. We haven't got to see him in the ring much thus far, but I'm always impressed when I do get to see him. He just has that "it" factor that makes me think he is someone to watch.

Number Five- MVP, there is no person on Smackdown, except maybe Edge who has more charisma then MVP. He is without a doubt a future main eventer, and easily world champion.

Number Four- John Cena, as much as I personally hate the guy for his character, he is becoming one of the better in ring performers in the company. He draws crowds anywhere he goes, and puts his heart into everything that he does.

Number Three- Edge, he's one of, if not the top face in professional wrestling today, and can play any role that you throw at him, proven by his stints as a face back in 2001 and on untill his heel turn. Plus, he's the Rated R Superstar.

Number Two- Chris Jericho, hasnt lost a step yet, again he's one of the top heels in the buisness today, and one of the best in ring performers, plus have you heard his promo's?

Number One- .....Randy Orton, simply because he was taught by two of the best in their respective time era's in Triple H and Ric Flair in Evolution. And since that time he has elevated his skills to new heights, possibly surpassing Triple H, and I do believe one day Ric Flair. He can wrestle, he can cut promo's, and he can get the crowd to love him or hate him whether he's playing a face or heel, what more can you ask for?

Number one
RANDY ORTON
This blokes just class and is going to carry this company over the next few years. He's got the look, the arrogance, the mic skills and the talent in the ring. What's more he has a finisher that everyone loves, which he can do instantly and in a number of ways.

Number two
John Cena
Sit down Cena haters, the man is a star. Like him or not (and its pathetic not to) the bloke can draw a crowd and his mic skills are up there with the best of them, like Rock and Flair. Ok so he's not the best wrestler in the WWE but as the posterboy he's taken the ball and run with it. Top top man.

Number three
Triple H
That's be honest if Trips is involved in a fued, them I'm interested and he can be equally as good as a heel or as a face. I've lost count the number of fueds that Trips has been in and made them look better then anyone thought, especially when being a heel. In ring he never lets anyone down and can get a good match out of anyone....except Koslov but he's beyond saving.

Number four
Rey Mysterio
May suprise to many this one but being an old WCW stalwart I still love Rey-Rey. The WWE has been unkind to him by repeatedly putting him in crap fueds with the likes of Kane and Knox but he still has an in ring style like no one else in the company - and is really over with the crowd.

Number 5
Batista
Yes I know he's limited and his mic skills are ropey and I've missed off Jericho, Edge, HBK and Taker but I still love the old fashioned big muscly guy who just looks a bit hard. Firmly think that Dave could probably kill me in one punch. Which for some reason works for me! Even with his gay belly button tatto - dont tell him I said that though!

#5: Edge - The guy has a great amount of ability, charisma, and savvy. He has a knack for knowing how to get people to hate him, even without drawing cheap heat. He is unfortunately overshadowed by Vickie at the moment, but I'm hoping that storylines evolve to take care of that.

#4: John Cena - Cena is a perfect asset to the company. He sells merchandise, brings kids to the arena, is highly marketable, and stays in the public eye as a good clean cut guy that gives back to the community. His character may be stale, and his move set limited, but the guy is pure gold for the company.

#3: Kane - A monster of a man who can be placed anywhere in the card, put anyone over, and takes his lumps like a champ. In terms of pure versatility, Kane is amazingly useful for the company. His lack of a push and poor planning regarding his character hold him back though. Easily the best big man in the business.

#2: Triple H - The IWC hates him, but I'll be damned if he isn't the best in the business. Great as a face or a heel, Triple H is pure main event gold. Regardless of how he got there, he is, in fact, The Man. The guys knows the business like no other, and is the professor when it comes to ring psychology. While it can be said that he is overexposed, I think part of it has to do with the fact that there are so few people in the business at his level.

#1: Undertaker - His career is pretty much unique. He's been a dominant force since he first entered the company, and has been responsible for bringing up so many superstars to the next level. Even with a reduced schedule and inconsistent booking, the Undertake is still very often the highlight of any given show.

Noteworthy people that didn't make my list:

Chris Jericho - I was really on the fence about him. As great as he is, I find his one glaring fault to be that he doesn't draw as a face. His heel work is superb, best in the business. But he just can't quite cut it as a face.

Randy Orton - I don't buy the hype on the guy. He's got a great look, and has some charisma, but I don't find that he's at the level he should be to be getting the push he is. His work rate is decent but contains too many rest spots, and he has to work on getting rid of the "Orton Pause" in his promos.

HBK - I live in Montreal. Legally I cannot support Shawn Michaels. Sorry.

Batista - Poor ring work, poor mic skills. He has a marketable look, that's it. Should have been destined to work as a monster heel and eventually be released by the company. Somehow that didn't happen...

Big Show - I really like the Big Show, but hate the way the bookers have handled him. Instead of making him this generation's Andre the Giant, they've jobbed him out to each and every flavour of the month that he's lost credibility. He should be an unbeatable monster that gets used sparingly, not a massive jobber.

I'm actually going to split mine up into 2 catagories: top 5 main eventers and top 5 guys that should be in the main event...

TOP 5 MAIN EVENTERS

Number 5-Edge
I would of put him closer to #1 because he is one hell of a performer & has amazing mic skills, but this whole angle with Vicky Guerrero has really made me dislike Edge quite a bit. Edge is WAY above this. I mean, come on..Vicky Guerrero? It already got old a long time ago.

Number 4-John Cena
Like Edge, I feel he has gotten a little stale as well. If Cena doesn't have the World or WWE Title, then he's chasing after it. He's pretty damn good on the mic & isn't the worst person in the ring, but you gotta change him up a little bit or something..

Number 3-Kane & Undertaker
I just put these 2 together because they are almost the same person. Both are big guys that can easily make another superstar look good & can sell good. Both can also take some bumps & pull off some decent moves for being big guys. Kane especially don't get the respect he deserves in my opinion.

Number 2-Randy Orton
This guy knows how to make the crowd hate him. Whether it be by dissing the top face or just acting like the arrogant asshole, he plays it off to a T. Orton is a hell of a competitor as well. Definitely prefer him as a heel over a face.

Number 1-Chris Jericho
Say what you want about Jericho's current angle, he is at least making it work. Anything this guy touches in my opinion is gold. Awesome on the microphone and damn solid in the ring, he can make anybody look good in that ring. And i'm sure he'll do the same at this years WrestleMania against whomever he faces. Definitely deserves another title reign, and will definitely be a WWE Hall of Famer some day.

TOP 5 MID-CARDERS

Number 5-Evan Bourne
The only reason I put him 5th is because he is just recently coming back from an injury & hasn't been in the WWE for an overly long amount of time. Definitely has potential to be somebody big in the WWE future. Hopefully WWE gives him a chance to run with the ball.

Number 4-Christian
Now I know all the rumors about Vince not being big on Christian, but I really think that's just talk. If Vince wasn't big on him, he wouldn't of given him another contract. Christian is a hell of a performer & somebody that I feel could be a WWE or World Champion some day. Though I will admit I prefer him as a heel then a face.

Number 3-R Truth & Carlito
Again, I wanted to include both of these guys on this list so I decided to put em together. Both are amazing in ring competitors & are good on the microphone. WWE really needs to let these 2 use their complete movesets as both can pull off some amazing things. I, however, also prefer Carlito as a heel. But I just hope WWE gives these both a chance.

Number 2-Shelton Benjamin
I don't think I can say anything about Shelton Benjamin that hasn't already been said by hundreds of other people. This guy puts it all on the line everytime he wrestles, and i'm sure he'll prove that in MITB again this year. His mic skills might not be the greatest, but some of the WWE's greatest champions had shitty mic skills. So why can't Shelton be given the chance to run with championship too?

Number 1-John Morrison
Now I know this guy was an ECW Champion, but just what deos that mean anyway? If you ask me, Morrison is money! This guy is going to be a huge star one day and if he is never given the WWE or World Championship then that is just a fuckin shame. He's good enough on the mic, can pull off some awesome ass moves & definitely has the look of a champion. A lot of people compare him to Shawn Michaels, and I agree. He's arrogant, cocky & just has that look about him. I think of all the people i named on this list, Morrison has the best chance to strike it big in the WWE.

5. Cena- Yeah, the guy can work. He has the charisma and he moves merchandise. And his mic work is pretty good. He does come out with some zingers too. The only time i really saw him choke on the mic was when he faced HHH two years ago (?) and HHH dominated him on the mic. It was embarrassing to watch Cena actually. But he is one of the best guys out there now. And other than Mysterio and to a degree Jeff Hardy, one of the more recognizable names out there, especially with kids.

4. Undertaker - Been a fan since I was a kid. He still brings some goose bumps when he makes his entrance, especially at a Wrestlemania. When he decides to retire, it will be a heart wrenching for sure.

3. Jeff Hardy - He has that weird personality that people are drawn to and he does a good job in the ring.

2. HHH- I've always preferred him as a heel. As a face he seems to enjoy himself more but as a heel, he can be a total monster. At first I hated HHH when he feuded with the Rock but he really is one of the best guys in the business.

1. Jericho - He has really shown that he can be much more than a smarky, cowardly smartass heel. His new persona is creepy and good. I like his face work but his heel work is where he shines like a diamond. And he is one of those guys that can keep working for a good number of years and not slow down that much. He has been my favorite guy since his WCW days.

5) CM Punk- He's obviously good in the ring, and has pretty decent mic skills. I remember seeing him sometime on Smackdown last year picking a fight with Edge during the beginning of the show and really enjoying it, not to mention his match later that night with Edge was also very entertaining. His championship reigns have been pretty lame so far to say the least, but I think he has the skills to eventually get a good reign. I think he could really benefit from a storyline feud that's not over a title. I think him vs. Morrison would be one hell of a feud should they split him up with the Miz.

4) Undertaker- Dude's just cool. He's got a sweet entrance, awesome moves, and puts on some of the best matches in the WWE. Sure, he's kinda predictable, and he's had some dull matches with Big Show, but I'm pretty excited to see what he can do with HBK at Wrestlemania.

3) Jericho- Could have been higher if he hasn't been so boring as of late, but I realize that's because he's just trying to get heel heat. Has he been in any good one on one matches in the last month or so? I am hoping that he'll go back to his old gimmick eventually because I like that better. Until then, he's definitely proving his versatility on the mic, as he is able to cut great promos whether they are funny, serious, dramatic, or pathetic (I loved how he begged Saggy Snuka not to hit him with a coconut, it was soooo pathetic but brilliant). He's also absolutely amazing in the ring, making up for his lack of size with some really creative moves.

2) Edge- I know Orton is hot shit right now, but I still think Edge is the best heel in the WWE. He is not afraid at all to look like an idiot or weak or wrong, and that's why he's so great. Also, as always, gotta respect his ring work, as he is always vicious, and has the best in ring theatrics. He's just so good and you hate him so much, that you gotta love him.

1) Jeff Hardy- Say what you will, in my opinion, he's the best asset the WWE has right now after Cena and Orton, but is way more exciting in the ring, but has about 10% of their mic skills. Even so, he is the most over superstar on Smackdown, and I think could potentially have a great WWE title reign if he doesn't fuck up again. Another reason I like him is because he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of political influence backstage, but has managed to become so popular just because he does what he is told like wrestlers should, and doesn't whine or complain, and does a great job of it. I couldn't stand HHH's last title reign, and it drove me nuts to see him go out there and look invincible week after week, especially when it came to Hardy, who would always come so close, and blow it on a missed swanton or something. But that was all made worthwhile when he took the title at Armageddon. He really is the most exciting wrestler to follow, and I hope he has a few big things left for him in his future.

5-Kane He's noot been as good recently as he has been in the past but the first WWE/F match i saw was Kane vs Taker Inferno Match which is etched in my mind.
4-John MorrisonHe's the future. Great Chraisma, i love the dirt sheet. he's also a very good wrestler. The next Shawn Michaels
3-HBK- I only started watching WWF after Michaels 'retired' in 1998 but since 2002 he's been so good. The 1st EC match was legendary. Should of held more than one World title since his return, he only held the WHC for 1 month until he gave it back to Hungry Hungry Hippo, i mean triple h
2-Edge- The best heel....in the world. His feud with the Hardys were great, but the feud with Undertaker was something else. He can wrestle, he can work a crowd and won 8 titles in 4 years!
1-UndertakerAs i mentioned with Kane, i first saw Taker as the Ministry leader and as a 8 year old he scared the shit out of me!!The whole Badass and big evil was great but his return as the deadman rekindled my love for wrestling. Gets the largest pop, gets cheered whether or not he's beating clean or heels and his moveset is constantly evolving. You don't see Orton or Cena being skilled enough to walk on the top rope or leaping over it. In the past 18 months he's been in two HIACs, 2 ECs, a LMS, cage, casket and held the WHC.

I've not included some of the obvious choices, Cena-Can't wrestle so impossible to watch a cena match, orton-He's good but the whole IED and the 'fire me fire me' thing was painful and Hungry Hungry Hippo-Screwing the boss' daughter so world titles long and plentiful.

Honourable mentions: Jericho,Mysterio, Bourne, Jeff hardy and Punk

1. Shawn Michaels - when he's on a show there's rarely anyone better, his feuds and matches are always amazing, and you can tell just how much WWE means to him. He's the best wrestler ever in a WWE ring, and even in his Forties he's proving he can still work with the youngsters.

2. Chris Jericho - One of my favourite ever wrestlers. Jericho works great as a cocky heel, and I prefer him to the likes of Orton and Batista. That being said, is there just too many with that 'gimmick' at the moment? His title reigns are never long enough to be great, for some reason.

3. Randy Orton - Legacy at the moment is one of the hottest things in the business. Always entertaining, Orton gives a sense of excitement to the show, which can be missing sometimes.

4. Triple H - I go through periods of liking him, but right now I think he's great. Triple H is what a good wrestlr should be, and doesn't deserve any of the criticism he gets.

5. I'll go with Santino - yes I know he's not technically the best, but he never fails to make me laugh, and I always love knowing he'll be coming out soon. He's definately a favourite of mine at the moment.

The best five wrestlers in WWE and my favourites are two different things. Cena is the best, but I find him quite one dimensional. Randy "the man of 1,000 headlocks" Orton is probably the most boring person I have ever watched doing anything on television ever, and I have watched the London marathon twice. That being said, a top five wrestlers list of the WWE would definitely feature them, I suppose it's the same way I appreciate that Chelsea and Man Utd are good at football, but I hate them. Anyway, my favourites...

5. Tyson Kidd This is a very tentative one, as he hasn't wrestled much, but from what I've seen of him, he will go far. He is innovative and has an excellent pedigree in wrestling. Hopefully the innevitible Hart Foundation reunion will help him acheive his potential.

4. Mike Knox Mike Knox is far more dynamic, and has cut far better promos than any other generic big evil man for quite some time. Knox is tarred with the Snitsky brush all of the time, and he just shouldn't be. He is 1,000 times the wrestler that Snitsky was. Knox probably won't reach a higher level than he has already, but he is superb at that level.

3. Edge Edge is just really very good at his job. He can deliver a good match, and an excellent promo, and manages to do it very naturally. Edge lives and breathes his character, or at least looks like he does, and that makes him very entertaining in my opinion.

2. Christian He may not be the biggest draw in the world, but I really find his matches enthralling. Watching Christian actually makes me think I'm seeing something fresh every week. He may go down in my estimations later, but for the time being he is probabl the person who's matches I anticipate the most.

1. Chris Jericho He has it all, he's over, his matches are entertaining, he's worked well as both face and heel, and he's brought out the best in people. He's never really been on top, but he has consistently performed fantastically throughout his career. He was one of my favourites on WCW when I was younger, and he's remained one until now.

So favourite five? Not including marketability, mic skills etc like the worst five thread does?

In that case:
5) R-Truth - the live crowd loves him, not many on here do, but I think he's great. He's different, he stands out, he's athletic. He may not be the best technical wrestler, but I am not usually a fan of them. I think given the push he can be extremely big for the company.

4) Chris Jericho - I loved him in my early wrestling days, and was thrilled when he returned the other year. This year he has evolved from a comedy character into one of the greatest heels I can remember. And this time round he has a proper finisher.

3) Randy Orton - Improved so much since his injury, and for a period was THE man in the business. His momentum seems to have dropped now, but at the night after the Rumble he was on top. His punting of Vince was the best thing that has happened on Raw in a while.

2) Edge - Has been my favourite ever since I started watching again at WM 23. His character is a great one, a realistic one who has the talent but chooses to take a shortcut to get to the top. He's a guy you just want to hate, and there is no one better at that job. His little character tweak before SUmmerslam was his most entertaining ever, and I will never forget him smiling in anticipation at Taker walking towards the Cell.

1) John Cena - Always liked him, but lately he has gotten so good I had to put him over Edge. He is the top babyface so it is meant to be this way anyway. Great on the mic, when his music hits up it makes you want to pop, and personally he is great in the ring. A babyface is supposed to take a beating, make a miraculous recovery with signature moves and a finisher OR be on the verge of winning and get cheated out of it. Cena does this better than anyone. The thing I love most is people who say "hE suCx Cos hE hAs 5 MoVes" think the sun shines out HBK's arse, yet in the irng he is the same as Cena, Get beaten up, hit a clothesline, kip up, atomic drop, scoop slam, elbow drop, SCM, finished, No one ever complains at him though. Cena is the best in the business and my favourite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back