• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fatal 4 Way at Wrestlemania

Buford

Dark Match Winner
Now I know that this won't happen because with Money In the Bank, most of these guys will be involved in that match one way or another. However, on Smackdown this past Friday, we all saw what happened when it was Shelton & Chavo vs. R-Truth & MVP. Can anyone else see a fatal 4 way at Wrestlemania, or does anyone think that there should be a fatal 4 way at Wrestlemania for the United States Championship? Personally if they cut down MITB to six wrestlers it could work, and they would have enough guys from all three brands to compete.

Not at Wrestlemania. If all four of these guys come out of Wrestlemania without Money in the Bank, then I can see them all getting back together for a match at Backlash for the US title. Wrestlemania with its Money in the Bank as well as the huge show that is already to take place just doesn't seem like it is geared towards the Mid Card titles. The IC belt wont be defended and the US title has hardly a chance this year. Not with all the top talent locked up for the Money in the Bank.

You see it could work though, even though I want MVP to win MITB, I think that if you only use six wrestlers, it might work.

CM Punk vs. Kofi vs. Umaga vs. Rey vs. Finlay vs. Bourne for MITB. You'd still have room for the 4 way.

About six months ago (around three weeks after R-Truth's debut) I predicted Shelton would eventually drop the title and Mania line up could look like this:

Smackdown MITB participants - Shelton, R-Truth, TBK
U.S. Title match - Umaga vs Carlito vs Kennedy vs MVP

Which I thought would be cool at the time. However, with so many big matches lined up now there will not be room for a U.S. title match, especially since Miz and Morrison have to be on the PPV somewhere and neither look likely to get in MITB so a tag match will likely be there somewhere. I think three of the four (drop Chavo) would be perfect for MITB and I wouldn't mind if one of them won the thing.

So it probably won't happen at Mania, appealing though it is.

I think a fatal four way is a good idea. They're usually filled with action, and pretty fun to watch. With the right wrestlers it really can be good. I still remember the one from WrestleMania 16, loved it. A McMahon in every corner. The only problem is that the Money in the Bank ladder match might get fucked over, because since now it's got 8 people they may stuggle to fill that out properly. Perhaps Christian for the MITB?

You see you could do the fatal 4 way, and still have a decent MITB. Put CM Punk, Kofi, Rey, Bourne, Finlay, Kennedy, Umaga in the MITB. But I still think that MVP will win MITB this year, which is why they won't have the 4-way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back