• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fast Lane's main event

We shy worth hair
So there's quite a few plot holes with this main event:

- The whole point behind the Rumble was to take the belt off Reigns because the Authority didn't want him near the belt, suddenly though, after winning a tag match, he is put in another match where he has the chance to face the man he injured at Wrestlemania. Shouldn't the Authority want Roman as far away as possible from the main event? And on the other opponents

- Why on Earth would Steph want to create an incident where Triple H may face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania? Like, the guy who has a strong history of fucking up Triple H? Not that Brock is gonna win becuase the Wyatt's will take him out which in turn leads to two other issues regarding Roman:
i. Roman feuded for months with Wyatt in a feud that was centred around Wyatt stopping Reigns from winning the world title but now instead of all people in the match they're gonna take out Lesnar rather than "Anyone but you". It's ridiculous
ii. Taking out Lesnar creates the situation where Roman has to pin his best friend to win when Roman started to get some consistent cheers because he was more popular than Roman. The fans won't support Roman in that when looking at the Rumble narrative where Roman went through a table and took a nap for 30 minutes whereas Dean went through a lot of pain and stayed in the Rumble until the very end. Effectively,

Effectively, looking at all 3 of the competitors in this Roman is the heel. AGAIN they've booked themselves into a corner with Reigns.

It's wrasslin'. The storylines don't always make sense. You're best off trying to ignore the plot holes and simply trying to enjoy the show.

Yeah, but I think the most important part of the OP is the last two sentences.

Wrestling has always had stupid logic/contradicting logic. And they did try to explain their logic with the stupid "best for business" line. If you can't get past that by now, you might want to stop watching. But if they're really trying to get Reigns over as a face, why do this?

Could they make this work? Maybe. They proved in a matter of two days that they can get even Reigns over with proper booking. Will they? Probably not. They've screwed it up so many times that it's hard to have any faith.

Yeah, but I think the most important part of the OP is the last two sentences.

Wrestling has always had stupid logic/contradicting logic. And they did try to explain their logic with the stupid "best for business" line. If you can't get past that by now, you might want to stop watching. But if they're really trying to get Reigns over as a face, why do this?

Could they make this work? Maybe. They proved in a matter of two days that they can get even Reigns over with proper booking. Will they? Probably not. They've screwed it up so many times that it's hard to have any faith.

There exists the possibility that they've finally realized realized that Roman isn't getting over the way they want and they do turn him, hoping it turns out the same way as his cousin when they turn him back. I mean, they've been booking him very heelishly for months.

There exists the possibility that they've finally realized realized that Roman isn't getting over the way they want and they do turn him, hoping it turns out the same way as his cousin when they turn him back. I mean, they've been booking him very heelishly for months.

People have said that exact same thing about Cena about 100 times.

They could easily explain we put you (Reigns) in that match cause we know you will lose and your dreams will be crushed again.

HHH could be so cocky that he believes he could beat all of them in his sleep.

Reigns and Wyatt finished their feud. Wyatt doesn't care about stopping Roman now.

I find it odd that we're being told what the main event of Fastlane will be this early on, and it's just a number one contender match. Albeit; it's also for the main event of WrestleMania, but it seems like they've really undersold that PPV.

The only way I can see this match being at all interesting is if Roman or Dean turn heel in some manner. Brock is one of the most over performers in history, they need to start treating him that way. Obviously Brock's issues with the Wyatt's will play a role and will likely not be resolved until WrestleMania, so anybody with half a brain can predict that we won't see HHH vs Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

Dean vs HHH at WrestleMania, that's a big maybe. I only see that happening if the WWE has lost faith in Roman Reigns. Dean could build a feud against literally anybody else in the time between Fastlane and WrestleMania, while Roman losing the chance to main event WrestleMania wouldn't leave him with much else.

But Cena was already THE face through all of that. Cena was the establishment making that feat very difficult. Reigns isn't there, which is a fact people, fans and management alike, are all too aware of. They've been pushing him now for like near two years as a singles guy because seeds were sown whilst he was in the Shield and it still isn't working. There's not really anything left to give on that front.

Reigns as a heel would be hella over. He's a natural heel. Not as much of an ass-kicker as Lesnar, confident to the point of arrogance, perfect fit. Especially now.

Can't they just use the old classic "rematch clause".

I don't understand the booking. It should be a great match, but it makes no sense.

Creative Team - We're struggling to get Reigns over. Any ideas?

Vince - Let's book him to go over the two biggest faces in the company.

Creative Team - But Vince... we're not sure that would work.

Vince - No, it will work! And Reigns will be over!

I just don't get it. Yet again, WWE has booked themselves into a corner. (And this time, Seth Rollins isn't there to bail them out)

Perhaps, it has gotten to a time where Vince and Co. want Reigns as their Top Guy, and they don't really care if he is the Babyface or the Heel in the storyline. Their booking repeatedly seems to echo such not least this coming PPV's Main Event where he goes up against the 2 Most Over Babyfaces on the roster. Don't think there's anyone who seriously believes that the WWE Top Brass expect Reigns Not to get booed beside those 2..

Exactly why Reigns being continuously booked this way is due to Vince and Co. not really being bothered anymore about him being cheered. Cena always gets reactions, Reigns is always getting reactions(heck, they had AJ Styles come in at #3 in the Rumble last Sunday).

HHH isn't a cowardly heel. I know WWE books him that way from time to time, but he normally presents himself as a guy not afraid to fight. He markets himself as one of the greatest ever. I don't think fans see him on the level of badass he sees himself, so that's probably where the disconnect comes in.

Expanding on what Nick said, I rather got the impression that the Authority enjoy messing with Reigns. They will screw him over, then offer him an opportunity ... to screw him over again. Reigns is the big dumb face in all this who keeps getting dicked by the absurdly overpowered mighty faction.

Yes, Reigns is late 90s Sting.

I was a little stunned when Stephanie made that announcement for Fastlane. Can't see this ending up as anymore than a gigantic clusterfuck.

Lesnar will come out to cheers, so will Ambrose. Reigns who the hell knows anymore. Wyatt and the goon squad will show up, most likely take Lensar out or distract him enough he won't be a factor in the match.

That leaves the most over guy on the roster in Ambrose facing his best friend and the chosen one who was hand picked by Vince, not the fans, to fight it out. Oh yea, it's going to be ugly.

Because ultimately Ambrose will win not only cheating Reigns out of his revenge/title/Mania main event but also his friendship with Ambrose.

Reigns loses control on a following Raw turning angry heel on Ambrose and ultimately joins The Authority. Cowardly HHH invites Reigns in to the main event match only to get double crossed by Reigns who joins forces with Ambrose at the beginning of the match to destroy HHH and then continue the triple threat as a one on one match. Reigns ultimately beats Ambrose for the Mania moment while HHH lays unconcious.

So duh if you can't see that coming.

Fuck, I really like my idea. Now anything else that happens will be a letdown. Sorry if I ruined the next two months of the main event for anyone.

If I had a nickel for every time either Ambrose or Reigns was supposed to turn on the other, my pants would be very heavy until I found a better place for all those nickels. Do fake turns count?

Let's go Ambrose.

Vince will call ANOTHER audible, because Reigns isn't getting the reaction he wants, AGAIN! I can't help but laugh my ass off about this. Having Reigns turn heel is the only way to save him now, which would mean the main event of Wrestlemania will be interesting.

HHH not defending at Fastlane is quite disappointing, yet not surprising. I'm more concerned that they're actually going through with Wyatt/Lesnar.

But Cena was already THE face through all of that. Cena was the establishment making that feat very difficult. Reigns isn't there, which is a fact people, fans and management alike, are all too aware of. They've been pushing him now for like near two years as a singles guy because seeds were sown whilst he was in the Shield and it still isn't working. There's not really anything left to give on that front.

Reigns as a heel would be hella over. He's a natural heel. Not as much of an ass-kicker as Lesnar, confident to the point of arrogance, perfect fit. Especially now.

I think you misunderstood me. I was really only referring to his last sentence about being heelish.

I perfectly agree that they'd probably do much better turning him heel.

Say Reigns does turn heel between now and fast lane, where the fuck does that leave the mania event? You would have a heel Roman Reigns going up against a heel Triple H. That's clusterfuck of a match.

The more likely course of events is WWE just copping the boos for a night and hoping that Reigns gets cheered against HHH. Who knows if that'll even work/happen.

They should have just turned him heel back at Survivor Series against Ambrose. They could have gotten away with it by saying Roman did the right thing by not accepting his place in the final of Triple H and the people still refused to cheer/support him so he said screw you guys and decided to join Triple H and the Authority. It also would have let us skip Sheamus as champion

So there's quite a few plot holes with this main event:

- The whole point behind the Rumble was to take the belt off Reigns because the Authority didn't want him near the belt, suddenly though, after winning a tag match, he is put in another match where he has the chance to face the man he injured at Wrestlemania. Shouldn't the Authority want Roman as far away as possible from the main event? And on the other opponents

- Why on Earth would Steph want to create an incident where Triple H may face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania? Like, the guy who has a strong history of fucking up Triple H? Not that Brock is gonna win becuase the Wyatt's will take him out which in turn leads to two other issues regarding Roman:
i. Roman feuded for months with Wyatt in a feud that was centred around Wyatt stopping Reigns from winning the world title but now instead of all people in the match they're gonna take out Lesnar rather than "Anyone but you". It's ridiculous
ii. Taking out Lesnar creates the situation where Roman has to pin his best friend to win when Roman started to get some consistent cheers because he was more popular than Roman. The fans won't support Roman in that when looking at the Rumble narrative where Roman went through a table and took a nap for 30 minutes whereas Dean went through a lot of pain and stayed in the Rumble until the very end. Effectively,

Effectively, looking at all 3 of the competitors in this Roman is the heel. AGAIN they've booked themselves into a corner with Reigns.

On your last point, Wyatt has had problems with all 3 in the match. Who's to say he and his family don't hit the ring and destroy all three. (Then as an aside you can ask the question is Wyatt working with Triple H now?) He takes Brock Lesnar away and Roman and Dean both fight it out after both being attacked. That way it doesn't make Roman's win look cheap because they all got destroyed by Wyatt.

Your first part is totally on though. Reigns even being in the match makes no sense at all. I though they should have had a chamber all the people who won their matches on RAW i believe AJ, Owens, Ambrose, Reigns, then you throw in Sheamus and Lesnar anyway as insurance that Reigns doesn't win. He would win anyway obvs.

I'm not ruling out a 4-way main event at the moment for Mania. They could actually build HHH/Reigns/Lesnar/Wyatt [or Ambrose] for the title and I'd be down with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back