• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Booking: Sheamus, Randy Orton, Big Show & the WHC

SullivanSmith

Dark Match Winner
I was just sitting around, thinking instead of doing anything useful, like usual, and I thought of something I wanted to share with you.

As I'm sure a lot of you agree, the storyline and match with Orton, Sheamus and Show was pulled off awkwardly and made little sense. So two top guys are going to fight each other for the right to fight.... Big Show? Really? Here's how I would have done it:

At this point in the show, Ziggler has cashed in, is champ, and Del Rio will clearly be out of action for at least a couple of weeks. So, you run the segments with Brickie/Sheamus and Booker/Orton and have both Sheamus and Orton come out, both ready to fight Show.

Booker and Vickie arrive and say they've come to a compromise. The next match will be a Triple Threat Street fight between the three. But, to keep it from becoming a case of Beat Down The Big Show, the winner of the match will get a shot at Ziggler's title either the next week or Raw or the next PPV to fill in for the injured Del Rio.

At some point in the match, Orton hits an RKO on Show while Sheamus is dazed. Before Orton can pin show, Sheamus hits Orton with a Brough Kick, thinking he's kicking Show. Orton falls out of the ring. Sheamus comes to his senses, then pins Show.

When the Ziggler/Sheamus match takes place, Show comes down to interfere, but Orton runs down to stop him. However, with the ref distracted, Orton hits Sheamus with an RKO and Ziggler gets the win. Ziggler keeps the belt without Sheamus looking weak, we finally turn Orton heel and maybe you can even find some way to get in some Big E. Langston/Big Show matches in there.

What do you guys think?

I think it's good but I'm not sure what you mean by having Orton go down the ramp to stop Big Show from interfering and being the one to attack Sheamus when the ref is distracted. If Orton came down the ring to stop Show, then what is the ref distracted by when Orton decides to go after Sheamus? That part just needs some fleshing out. But other than that, I like the idea of this being the catalyst of how Orton turns back to his heelish ways. Although my biggest concern afterward would be Big Show. I would hate to see him in yet another program as I personally find him to be a bit stale these days. I always thought his threatening physical stature and comfortableness (certainly not cleverness) on the mic, would make him a great GM one day.

Even though I think your assumption that he'll face one of those guys for the WHC is probable, Ziggler needs to have a few meaningful feuds and ones that are fun as well. He's in a difficult position because he'll have to dig deep to remain a heel while more fans of his show up to see him as champion so I'm not sure having him feud with someone that most of those people don't care about (Sheamus) is the best way to go. Maybe someone like Fandango, Jericho, or Daniel Bryan would give him a suitable babyface rival that the majority of fans won't turn on.

^ well Bryan still has to lose his Tag title and get back some momentum as a singles star, but with him and Ziggler tangling over the Tag Titles .. a feud over the World HW Belt seems like a natural progression.

Agreed on Sheamus, as aside from the lack of caring, he was World Champ semi recently, and throwing him back into the mix might not be such a great idea.

of the remaining two (Orton/Big Show) Ziggler lost to Randy @ Night of Champions so that could be run back

or bring in the Big Show ... him and Ziggler haven't had too many matches, so it would be relatively fresh.

If they wanted to turn Orton I think the coolest way to do it would be to attempt a double turn in a match with Ziggler, rather than in an angle involving Sheamus and Big Show.

First of all, a feud between Orton and Ziggler would be great, and I guarantee you their matches would tear the house down. The "psychotic" aspects of Orton's character could also come into play with some kind of storyline involving the "crazy chick" AJ. There's just a lot of potential there for a feud between these two and it needs to happen.

AJ could be utilized to bring about the double turn. Start off the feud with Orton as the face chasing the Title, with Ziggler as the classic heel champion. Do an angle where you suggest that AJ may have become enamoured with Orton's psychotic ways, and enjoys seeing him destroy people and kick them in the head. You could have some great imagery with AJ mimicking Orton's Viper-like mannerisms or something like that. Then at a pay-per-view, say SummerSlam, you have AJ turn on Dolph and help Orton win because of her obsession with him. The match itself would have to be pretty long, and both guys would have to really go all-out for it to work, because the more of a classic it is, the more rattled he fans will be when Orton eventually takes the "cheap way" out in the end.

The crowd is already half behind Dolph as a babyface, so this could work. Dolph would now be in a position to chase the Title and get even more over as a face, while Orton would solidify his heel role by rejecting AJ (as having him with a valet wouldn't be a good idea). AJ may have been obsessed with Orton, but Orton doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself and just used her to get the belt.

WWE's booking having Sheamus attacked by Mark Henry on Smackdown and yelling that size does matter, makes me think that at Extreme Rules we could possibly have Mark Henry and Big Show vs. Orton and Sheamus. If not this, I can see Del Rio drifting away from the WHC Picture and maybe feuding with Mark Henry? WWE has a lot of different ways they can go here, they just need to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back