Faction-Styled Roster- Monday Night RAW

CabanaBoomBoom514

Dark Match Winner
My very first thread. Excited:lmao: and nervous:blush: at the same time. I hope you guys like it.

OK. I have been a fan of WWE since forever. Two years ago I got introduced to puroresu. So Now along with watching Raw and SD, I also try to catch New Japan Pro Wrestling, All-Japan, and my favorite, Dragon Gate.

What interested me a lot in AJPW and Dragon gate were the factions it has. I like it so much because it's quite organized and it keep all the wrestlers involved in matches and storylines without falling out of the loop like a lot WWE superstars. They would also represent each other with either a t-shirt or colors. And even if team members wrestle each other, they would either keep their unity, one would leave the faction and join another or go solo, or the faction would get a new member.

So I thought it would be fun If I showed what if WWE did this thing and there was about 4 factions and the rest be Unaffiliated. My ideas aren't the best in the world but I remain someone would like it.

First I'd like to do Raw. Now I'm going by if Wade Barret loses to John Cena at Hell in a Cell and the Nexus disbands. So I'll have a few of the former member be in one of the teams. Here it is.

CERKO Colors: Green and Black
Evan Bourne
John Cena (Co-Leader)
John Morrison
Randy Orton(Co-Leader)

I have John Cena and Randy Orton setting aside their differences and forming this Super Babyface group along with Bourne and Morrison. I loved it when ever they teamed together and adding Bourne and Morrison would instantly put them over.

High Regard T-Shirt w/logo
Ezekiel Jackson
Sheamus(Leader)
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Ted DiBiase

With a mix of energy and experience, this team would be the #1 group to oppose CERKO.

Regime Mondo(World Regime in Italian) T-Shirts Red/Green/White
Goldust
The Great Khali
Primo
Santino Marella (Leader)
Vladimir Kozlov
Yoshi Tatsu

This team will strive to be the best like the rest while having fun doing it. Could see some exciting matches with this one.

Golden Guns Colors: Gold/Red
Alex Riley
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Michael Tarver
The Miz (Leader)
Zack Ryder

This would be a really good heel faction and all of them have pretty good mic skills so any of them could be a mouthpiece for the rest.

Unaffiliated
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
David Hart Smith
David Otunga
Edge
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel
Mark Henry
R-Truth
Tyson Kidd

So what do you think? Would add another superstar to a team, would you take someone out, or does anyone have an idea of their own faction? I'll take any comment.:)

Ehh.. Nice first thread.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but I don't really see how this idea of having seperate factions would work.. It'd be sorta like a video game or something. Sorry, but I just don't think I'd see anything like this in the future of the WWE.

Having every superstar in a seperate faction would kill the entire WWE to be honest. There'd be no one on one matches, no good title matches, no storylines and no action. Just gang-fights and territory wars every week. Probably something you'd see on TNA.

Sorry, I don't think this would work.

Ehh indeed. I don't like the idea of doing this all year long. However, I think a modified version could work to set up the Survivor Series PPV. Perhaps do a lethal lottery of four to eight 4 man teams with the sole surviving team all receiving title shots or some type of prize perhaps ability to book their own match. It would be cool to see the various heels and faces working together to win the ultimate prize over a 2 month period as if you had 8 4-man teams it would take awhile to finally have only 2 teams remaining. Basically a King of the Ring style for 4 man teams.

Anyways, I doubt any of this shit would ever happen, but I'd like to think my idea could be possible for one PPV.

Yeh having everyone in separate factions would ruin everything in WWE... having one faction vs "the rest" is much more interesting *thus Nexus pushing WWE's rating high because it has been a long time since there was a faction which ran through the WWE... Raw... not WWE... ¬.¬ lol*.

I believe TNA is kinda doing this atm which is possibly why I'm beginning to hate it, having all your "home-grown stars" (AJ Styles, Beer Money, Matt Morgan etc) in one group *Fortune for those who've been living under a rock* and having the oldies in another *EV2.0 for the same reason as before... ¬.¬* limits the main world heavy weight title scene to Angle, Hardy, Anderson and The Pope ¬.¬ *in essence* and with Abyss' "They" coming up that is just likely to make things more confusing. Thought admittedly even though the storylines are all mixed and confusing I suppose it does make for good television sometime (but I prefer 1 vs 1 fueds).

Proof positive that wrestling fans typically do have short memories. This did happen before, in both WWf and WCW during the inception of the Attitude Era. You had: D-X, The Nation, D.O.A., Los Boricuas, The Oddities, The Ministry, The Brood and so on...Perhaps not in the setup aforementioned, but the return of at least a few factions is likely to happen once again. The idea would have to be that you learn from previous mistakes and limit the number of factions so that it isn't watered down. You have a main stable of heels and one of faces; and maybe a job squad somewhere in the mix for comedic purposes (which would be very easy right now) and that's it. Keep the number of members to a minimum (nothing like the NWO) with the occasional booting of a member and replacement/swerve to keep things fresh. Don't let the "experts" hold you down DUDE...good thread, just needs some tweaking.

Decent idea as I have always been a fan of factions in wrestling. But it really only works if there is one faction dominating...two at the most. Like when the WWE had the Corporation and DX. Plus these two factions were almost solely made up of main eventers. If you have a faction with Tatsu, The Great Khali, and Santino in it youre just throwing together wrestlers that no one really cares about to make a faction that nobody would really care about.

I think it could work. I only watch WWE and TNA. But even with the factions they can still have their own storylines, they would just have people help them if they get in over their heads. Like if Randy Orton got in a storyline where he was trying to take on one of the factions by himself, his team could come out if the members of the opposing faction decided to jump him.

I would like to see Bryan Danielson on CERKO, and having him jump ship, Big Show also.

Somebody else had an idea similar to this about 20 years ago. It was called the "Team Challenge Series". It was the final nail in the coffin for the AWA. It was quite possibly the worst idea EVER in the history of pro wrestling since an entire company folded after it concluded. This is a bad idea. More factions would be good but not like this.

not bad, but i agree with the gang turf war comment, jus like wcw with the nwo. black&white/wolfpac, horseman,,lwo. where does it end.now if this lead to survivor series or a war games type match then it could possibly work. now for your placement, yes this could elevate some talent and get them some notice(jus like al snows job squad made some people care about certain jobbers) but with that current line up that you listed for example. some of those factions would never work, for a good faction has to have members that have a common goal, like nexus does now or fortune has or the horseman had. as for some of your "free agents", no way, cause at this point people like heath slater(even though getting better) would fall into obscurity and be gone quickly or be shipped to smackdown. some people dont quite have the identity to suvive on their own with this concept and some people are better without freinds ala randy orton. but other then that, good concept.

Dude i love threads like these, it gets people to use their creative side, and the people that don't like it are just lame (no offense but be creative, its fun).

This is how i would do it though!!!

Team AWESOME!!!
Miz (Leader)
slater
Ezekiel Jackson
Dibiase
Riley

Rated-RKO
Edge(co)
Orton(co)
Ryder
Usos
Kozlov

Team Cenation
Cena(leader)
Morrison
Bourne
Henry
Hart Dynasty

JeriShame
Jericho(co)
Shaemus (co)
Regal
Sheffield
Tarver

Loners:
Daniel Bryan
R-Truth
Gabriel
Barrett
Otunga
Goldust
Santino
Khali
Young
Primo
HHH
Tatsu

You may notice that some teams have more than one superstar that is a leader or head guy but i feel it would only make sense to have teams be legit and actually work with tow powerful guys!! SPOILER ALERT team Jerishame Wins in the end!!!

This would be super fun to see imo. I love factions they are the best! I loved the Nation of Domination when they dominated everyone!

Dude i love threads like these, it gets people to use their creative side, and the people that don't like it are just lame (no offense but be creative, its fun).

Thanks man. That's what I was really aiming for. Not to really take it seriously, but just for fun. Wresting's supposed to, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back