• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Facebook News Changes

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Hey guys,
A friend of mine just pointed this out to me:

Have you noticed that you are only seeing updates in your newsfeed from the same people lately and when you post things like status messages, photos and links, the same circle of people are commenting and everyone else seems to be ignoring you?

Don’t worry, everyone still loves you and nobody has intentionally blocked you. The problem is that a large chunk of your friends list can’t see anything you post and here’s why:

The “New Facebook” has a newsfeed setting that by default is automatically set to show ONLY posts from people who you've recently interacted with or interacted the most with (which would be limited to the couple of weeks just before people started switching to the new profile). So in other words, unless your friends/fans commented on one of your posts within those few weeks or vice versa – you have now become invisible to them and they are invisible to you!!

HERE’S THE FIX: Scroll down to the bottom of the newsfeed on your homepage and click on “Edit Options”, click on “Show Posts From” and change the setting to “All Of Your Friends and Pages”

Simply posting an update about it won’t do any good because lots of your friends already can’t see your posts by default. You’ll either have to send out a message to everyone on your list (which is a rather tedious method) or post an event explaining the situation like this one and invite your entire friends list. You can also tweet about it hoping that most of your fellow facebookers are also on twitter.

Shame! on facebook for altering the default setting and not telling people about it!

SPECIAL NOTE: Be sure to invite your friends and leave a note on the invitation for them to do the same. Otherwise, they will not see it either. JUST BECAUSE YOUR SETTINGS ARE CORRECT, DOES NOT MEAN YOUR FRIENDS SETTINGS ARE CORRECT AND THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR POSTS. Best to forward this invite to your friends as I said above with a note in the invite for them to do the same with their friends.

iPhone Info: If it's an app, unfortunately you won't find it at the bottom. If you're using an iPhone, you should be able to access to site through your browser, Safari, and proceed with modifying your settings.

This is 100% legit, I just made the changes on my homepage and I had tons of people appear, so many of your friends haven't been inactive as you think, Facebook has been adjusting your filters without warning.

Since I have less than 100 friends, it wouldn't affect me as much as somebody else. My friend threatened to delete me because I was making smartass comments at how badly he predicted the Oscars last night.

I like the new sorting thing, only the people whose updates I care about are showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back