• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Extreme Tiger Is Officially TNA

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Mexican Lucha Libre Magazine/website “Super Luchas” officially announced that former AAA Cruiserweight Champion Extreme Tiger has officially signed with TNA Wrestling, and will make his “debut” with the company at TNA’s “Lockdown” PPV on March 9th under the name “Tigre Uno” (meaning Tiger One). TNA sent a press release to Super Luchas regarding the signing.
In December 2013 Tiger wrestled for TNA under the name “Ultimate Tiger” in some Xplosion matches against Curry Man and Zema Ion (who he had faced previously in AAA). Earlier this month PWInsider reported that Tiger had either already signed with TNA or was on the verge of signing with them.

Tiger was trained by the legendary Rey Misterio Sr. (uncle of Rey Misterio Jr./Rey Mysterio) and worked for the majority of his career in AAA winning both the AAA Cruiserweight Title and AAA Tag Team Titles.

extremetiger.jpg

Extreme Tiger has won the AAA Tag Team titles with Halloween, better known as Ciclope, the guy Dean Malenko dressed up as to get the jump on Jericho. He's also the 2011 "Rey de Reyes" AAA's version of the King of the Ring. As the report reads he'll be making his formal TNA debut at Lockdown with his new ring name.

Perfect. I far prefer new faces added to the X Division as opposed to going back to the well and bringing in Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams (sorry, fans) for nostalgia. He's young, he's fresh and some international flavor never hurts. I don't get the need for a name change, but whatever. Thoughts?

I try to watch TNA sparingly, I seem to enjoy it more that way. I watch AAA and CMLL as much as possible in that I seem to enjoy pro-wrestling broadcasts more when I can barely understand what the commentators are saying or what happens during the backstage promos.

I hope they use this guy in a responsible way, I think he has all the necessary aspects of a pro-wrestler to be a hit. For a while TNA seemed to be making a habit of building new talent and then completely forgetting about them, WWE does the same thing sometimes. I think the way WWE used Mistico was silly, even though he helped ruin his own image at times.

I say let Tigre Uno become a star in the X-Division. Give him a good four years of being one of their top stars. Then maybe have him evolve to the top of the card if anyone is willing to lay down for him. He's got a laundry list of accolades already so he's already paid his dues for a primo spot in the X-Division. Just don't push him to the moon and then forget about him, let him grow on American audiences.

This is a good move for TNA, but they shouldn't stop here. Tiger needs good opposition, and right now the X division needs more than just one new face (or mask) to get back to what it once was. Extreme Tiger v Sabin will be absolute gold, same with Aries and Manik (if he is still with Impact) but otherwise the Division is shallow. I'd love to see Mistico (Sin Cara) sign with TNA just to prove to American audience's how good he really is. Texano, Jr is another name I hope is on TNAs radar. But I'm excited to see Extreme Tiger in TNA none the less.

I don't get the need for a name change, but whatever. Thoughts?

With a name like Extreme tiger, you don't see the need for a name change? He wouldn't get over with the fans. How can you take a guy serious with that kind of name, I just chuckle and giggle whenever I hear that. The only other reason I can think of would be potential legal reasons

As long as he gets a decent push when he debuts and does not disappear after 5 mins like a lot of the other X division tallent that TNA brings in then I'm sure Tiger can be a big success. The guy seems to be very tallented in the ring and looks to have a little in the way of Mic skills so should be able to hold his own. All TNA need to do now is get guys like Kenny King back on TV and Give the Division in a whole more time to Shine and I can see The X division becoming relevant once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back