AAA To Be Renamed "TNA Mexico"?

Dizzy

Championship Contender
At the latest AAA tapings on November 5, the show mostly revolved around the La Parka and Octagon heel turn which occurred at their last big event. No TNA talent was involved in the show.

AAA did invoke the name of TNA during the event's end when Former AAA head Dorian Roldan and Konnan threatened a full takeover of AAA and renaming it "TNA Mexico". Following that, Konnan poked fun of Mexican fans who were making John Cena hand gestures.

The preliminary card for AAA's next TV taping on November 16 has Abyss vs Murder Clown. As of this writing, no other TNA talent has been announced for the show. There may be a few more wrestlers involved in the event as it is believed to be the last taping before their next major show, Guerra de Titanes (War/Clash Of The Titans).

Dorian Roldan was at the TNA tapings a few weeks ago and had successful meetings with Jeff Jarrett. They are planning some big things for TNA & AAA with talks about "TNA taking over AAA permanently".

Credit to Gerweck

So, It seems like TNA has officially taken over AAA. They are already using it in a storyline to catch on to fans.

This is pretty interesting because if TNA has officially gotten rights to AAA that could mean we could see Spike TV air it next year under a new agreement with TNA if they reach one.

I also find it ironic Konnan is the heel trying to turn AAA into a TNA brand when he was the one with problems with the company.

This is a pretty big week for TNA.

Wow.

Freaking huge news. AAA is a great organization. Does this means TNA buys AAA? I wasn't sure if it's that or just for storyline porpuses.

If TNA buys AAA or at least gets control of the company, freaking huge news. Two big news coming out this week for TNA.

AAA is one of the biggest companies outside of the US, has a lot of talent and could be huge for both AAA and TNA if they started working together as a big solo company. In terms of Spike TV, I guess a deal could be made and TNA Mexico would be a good project also as TNA India that they have already started working on.

Big news. Seriously big news.

VERY happy for TNA this week. looks like there will be some great matches to come from this as well, huh? abyss vs murder clown...sounds cool to me.

Am I the only one who still believes in kayfabe? I haven't followed AAA lately, but it seems to fall within the power struggle storyline going on over there. If this is legit, hopefully we get to see Dark Ozz and Cuervo defend the AJPW world tag team titles on American television. Cross-promotion FTW!

It's just an angle with Konnan's group changing from la sociad to now siding with Jarrett and acting like it will become TNA Mexico. It will come down to a big show with AAA army vs. Konnan's group, and the AAA army will end up winning like always. It's the same repeated story line over and over in AAA. Last year they had Perros del Mal join, the year before, japan, the year before us wrestlers, same shit different name, don't get excited.

After thinking about it, yeah, this does sound more like a storyline rather than something that's actually gonna happen :)

Ummm... That's just the storyline going on in AAA. How exactly could TNA gain official rights to the AAA brand if AAA is a far larger company? It's a typical cross-promotional feud. Nothing more than that. AAA has denied TNA the mentioning of the AAA World title, going so far as to require Jarrett to put a patch over it so it isn't recognized. That doesn't sound like the works of a merger. However it has been discussed that AAA might want to send talent to TNA for their own gain. So far, while AAA has borrowed almost the entire TNA roster, they have only given Rosita and Jack Evans to TNA.

Is this big new if its true ?? Yes

Is it good news?? In my opinion No

Why??

TNA can only just about manage there own product and now they have another company which would be a intake of more wrestler which would mean they try to force more onto impact or replace current wrestler that are on there .

I don't think this is true and i hope it is not but then again being its Dixie & her family in-charge and how they love to wipe their asses with $100 bills it wouldn't surprise me

Ummm... That's just the storyline going on in AAA. How exactly could TNA gain official rights to the AAA brand if AAA is a far larger company?

The size of the company has nothing to do with it. If AAA's reps are interested in a ownership split between TNA and AAA then it is possible.
It's a typical cross-promotional feud.
You do realize cross-promotion means both companies swap wrestlers right? TNA has sent their talent down to AAA. AAA has never sent their talent here. It's like Raw getting SmackDown wrestlers while SmackDown hardly gets Raw wrestlers.

AAA has denied TNA the mentioning of the AAA World title, going so far as to require Jarrett to put a patch over it so it isn't recognized.
It has more to do with a copyright claim between TNA. TNA is a US promotion and the "AAA" title is copyrighted by the airlines. The Triple A name isn't used on the video game they launched here in the US.
That doesn't sound like the works of a merger. However it has been discussed that AAA might want to send talent to TNA for their own gain. So far, while AAA has borrowed almost the entire TNA roster, they have only given Rosita and Jack Evans to TNA.

They haven't ever sent talent to TNA. Jack Evans was a free agent that worked a few dates with TNA during the X-Division push and Rosita is a TNA star not a AAA star.

TNA has so far sent Rosita, Sarita, Abyss, Anderson, Jarrett, Velvet, Mickie, Madison and a few others to AAA. We haven't seen a single AAA wrestler yet.

It's more of a partnership split. I know Triple A wants to expand to America and they recently lost their TV deal in the US, so it is possible they are trying to create a US brand through TNA.

This certainly sounds like and seems like nothing more than a storyline. AAA is one of the real powerhouse promotions left in Mexico, CMLL being the other, and it's also one of the few high profile wrestling companies left in North America. If there was some sort of merger or buyout, it'd be all over the internet. Every wrestling website worth half a crap would have something on it.

This would be a pretty major happening and it's suspicious that there hasn't been any real buzz about it.

Kayfabe lives!

Seriously, does anyone believes this is real? I know very little about wrestling outside of America, but even I know this is a storyline. The last bit is just laughable. Jarrett holds some stock in TNA, but as far as I'm aware, he doesn't have an official behind-the-scenes job which would require him to have meetings with a guy from AAA. I'm pretty sure that that would be someone else's job.

It's not a merger or takeover. It's cross-promotion, and cross-promotion doesn't have to be equal. More TNA talent works for AAA than AAA talent works for TNA. So? Cross-promotion still exists, most notably Jarrett carrying around that hideous AAA World Heavyweight Championship on Impact Wrestling.

You do realize cross-promotion means both companies swap wrestlers right? TNA has sent their talent down to AAA. AAA has never sent their talent here. It's like Raw getting SmackDown wrestlers while SmackDown hardly gets Raw wrestlers.

Jack Evans. He's technically AAA talent since '09, I think. He was cruiserweight champion last time I watched.

It has more to do with a copyright claim between TNA. TNA is a US promotion and the "AAA" title is copyrighted by the airlines. The Triple A name isn't used on the video game they launched here in the US.

Plenty of companies and an arena in Florida have the initials AAA. Seems like a half-assed report from a dirt sheet -- WZ Jr. perhaps. And are you sure about the video game?

It's more of a partnership split. I know Triple A wants to expand to America and they recently lost their TV deal in the US, so it is possible they are trying to create a US brand through TNA.

You have to tell me your secret on how to become a TNA shareholder. I would support AAA in the States in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back