Extreme Rules *contains spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKillam

Pre-Show Stalwart
So, with the Smackdown! spoilers for this week officially in, we have the basic plan for next month's Extreme Rules PPV...and it's pretty much Judgement Day, with "extreme" stipulations. Here's what it looks like:

-Randy Orton vs. Batista (Cage Match)
-John Cena vs. Big Show (Submission Match)
-Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho (No Holds Barred)
-Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match)
-CM Punk vs. Umaga (Samoan Strap Match)

Probable matches:
-Dreamer vs. Swagger vs. Christian
-MVP vs. Matt Hardy

So, obviously Edge and Jeff in a ladder match is never a bad idea. Rey Mysterio and Jericho are putting on some pretty good matches, so that's fine with me if they have a rematch. But...does anybody really want to see Orton/Batista II or Big Show or Cena in a submission match? CM Punk and Umaga? The only thing that intrigues me about this, is that Umaga can talk now! Which is awesome! I hope they really turn him into a main eventer, and I really hope Punk loses for the third PPV in a row...just to prove again that he shouldn't have the brief case.

If Dreamer is really going to retire (or become the ECW General Manager), I think he should have one last really good match. These two could probably give it to him. MVP and Hardy going at it will be good if Hardy can get the cast off and wrestle decently by then...

But really, does anybody think they're actually going to get "extreme?" Is a submission match extreme now? Especially with Big Show... Are Rey and Jericho going to do more than get a few chair shots in? Is anybody going to bleed? No...most definitely not. Blood doesn't exist anymore according to the WWE.
Honestly, I'm not bashing the PPV or WWE. I think it has potential, but I also think it obviously shows their laziness. It's like, "yes, we understand that there are two PPV's in one month, and we get that we're short on talent right now...so we're going to duplicate last months PPV and throw in a couple ladder spots, and break a table...and then a few weeks later we're probably going to have a few different matches thrown together at random, because clearly we can't have the same PPV three times in a row..."

Again, not a bash...just pointing out laziness.
What are everybody else's thoughts on Extreme Rules?

i doubt that man. i think at this Paper-view you will see some sort of blood. the card looks the same as Judgment Day for sure. while i expected this anyway some matches i can deal with while others i can not stand. Hardy and Edge in Ladder match thats cool. should be great. Y2J and Rey should produce again. Rey will win again though as Edge and Y2J will feud soon. CM Punk and Umaga should be descent. holy hell he does speak English amazing this could help elevate him. this match will be average. by the way Dreamer is in a match with Peep for Tittle yet to determine stipulation though. Batista and RKO sucks the most. This match will be worse then last years at Judgment Day. Batista sucks here and we all know it enough said. Cena and Show in a submission match come on. this should have been a street fight. let alone continue the feud at all. Cena looks like normal again. he does not sell shit well at all. the entire match is based off Cena locking in the STFU. how boring.

I hate the big show cena match because WTF it's not extreme I hope show changes it to a 7000 watt search light match. That would be a lot better than an effing submission match. This is why I stop watching raw. SD and ecw are better than raw at the moment because it's Batista too much his matches with orton are like the ones with hogan dreadfull. Oh and a cage that's pretty hardcore they should make it a barbed wire steel cage. I hope the creative team just gets fired and get new one, I mean really orton vs batista 100, my testicles can make a better show than raw. Oh it's dam true. l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back