• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EXCUSE ME. Could the Ultimate Warrior's wife end up working in the WWE?

CM Steel

A REAL American
The family of the late Ultimate Warrior were special guest at a WWE live event down in New Mexico last week. And they were treated like family by the WWE backstage. WWE chairman Vince McMahon always had a relationship with the families of those who died working for him or his father. From "Iron" Mike Dibiase to the Eddie Guerrero. With such after the death of Eddie Guerrero the WWE then hired his widow Vickie Guerrero. Vickie Guerrero debut on WWE TV a year and a half after Eddie's death as a shy face but from there came the mega heel Vickie Guerrero. Who is the only female WWE personality who's received as much TV heat since Stephanie McMahon has in her prime.

Now if the WWE choose to, could you see Dana Warrior working full-time in the WWE as an employee? And should Dana Warrior work for the WWE period?

Hiring someone to work for you, just because they are related to someone who died that was in the business, is just wrong for business. First of all, what knowledge does his wife have over pro wrestling / sports entertainment to even consider her in some sort of position? That's right, none.
Then, put the money aside, I would really feel sorry for myself if I was getting handed a job simply because my husband/wife died.

But it comes down to why would they hire her? Does she have to offer anything? No. They can just so ahead and gladly financially support her, but that's as far as they should go.

I could easily see them hiring her. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already approached the subject with her, and it's something she's thinking over.

Vince... for all his faults as a businessman, a promoter... for how ruthless he can be... has always been someone to take care of his people. Just look at the number of ex-WWE wrestlers he's put through rehab, time and again. Hiring Vicki is another great example. All the times he bailed Flair out. You can go on and on.

Plus, as he's getting into his later years, this part of his personality seems to be coming through more. He's not always as worried about business. Now it's more about the people in the business, and the people he's done business with.

If she wants a job, I can see her getting one. Will it be an on-camera role? Who knows? They might try her out in one and see how that goes. But even if she doesn't work out on camera, she'll be taken care of if she wishes. Warrior rebuilding so many of his bridges at Wrestlemania weekend all but ensured that.

Hiring someone to work for you, just because they are related to someone who died that was in the business, is just wrong for business. First of all, what knowledge does his wife have over pro wrestling / sports entertainment to even consider her in some sort of position? That's right, none.
Then, put the money aside, I would really feel sorry for myself if I was getting handed a job simply because my husband/wife died.

But it comes down to why would they hire her? Does she have to offer anything? No. They can just so ahead and gladly financially support her, but that's as far as they should go.

As far as I know, she has no experience. At the same time, again as far as I know, neither did Vickie Guerrero. The extent of her knowledge stemmed from the fact that she was married to Eddie Guerrero for about 15.5 years and while her act has gotten a bit stale over the past few years, she seems to have done just fine in the role she's had in WWE. Warrior's 2nd wife, Diana Viale, married him on January 31, 1999, so they'd been married for just over 15years as well at the time of his death. As with Vickie, I don't think it's at all outrageous to believe that Diana learned a great deal about the wrestling industry during her marriage to Warrior. While one could take the position of "If Vickie did it, so could she" if they chose, that doesn't mean it's accurate, nor is it accurate to assume she couldn't or has no knowledge of wrestling.

As to whether she'd wind up working for WWE, I have no idea. According to celebritynetworth.com, Warrior had a net worth of $1.5 million at the time of his death. While not a vast fortune, it's enough to live a comfortable life if she isn't reckless with it. Assuming a 5% interest rate that's compounded monthly, that'll generate $75,000 in interest per year. After taxes on that interest, she'll probably have between $50,000 to $55,000. If she's careful with the money, has spoken to a financial advisor, has some safe investments, she should be fine. The same site lists Vickie's net worth at $8 million and, if accurate, she's still working for WWE because she enjoys it

I think sometimes y'all read far into something. I'm not even sure how there's an interpretation that she may end up working for the company. Especially given her daughters are still young, I couldn't see her striking out into a full time heavy traveling job with WWE I could be wrong however.

If you mean hiring her to work on Warrior DVD's or merchandise then yes, it could work, I wasn't a fan of Vickie from the day she started, it just didn't seem right.

If it's for finances, I think WWE would look after her with the above. I remember there was the Pillman Memorial Show held for a few years to help his family with funds.

As far as I know, she has no experience. At the same time, again as far as I know, neither did Vickie Guerrero. The extent of her knowledge stemmed from the fact that she was married to Eddie Guerrero for about 15.5 years and while her act has gotten a bit stale over the past few years, she seems to have done just fine in the role she's had in WWE. Warrior's 2nd wife, Diana Viale, married him on January 31, 1999, so they'd been married for just over 15years as well at the time of his death. As with Vickie, I don't think it's at all outrageous to believe that Diana learned a great deal about the wrestling industry during her marriage to Warrior. While one could take the position of "If Vickie did it, so could she" if they chose, that doesn't mean it's accurate, nor is it accurate to assume she couldn't or has no knowledge of wrestling.

As to whether she'd wind up working for WWE, I have no idea. According to celebritynetworth.com, Warrior had a net worth of $1.5 million at the time of his death. While not a vast fortune, it's enough to live a comfortable life if she isn't reckless with it. Assuming a 5% interest rate that's compounded monthly, that'll generate $75,000 in interest per year. After taxes on that interest, she'll probably have between $50,000 to $55,000. If she's careful with the money, has spoken to a financial advisor, has some safe investments, she should be fine. The same site lists Vickie's net worth at $8 million and, if accurate, she's still working for WWE because she enjoys it

Well, obviously Warrior would have told her certain things about the business, so she obviously knows a bit about it, but she isn't "natural" if you know what I mean. She hasn't done it and we don't know if she has passion about it. In order to get there, you need to have passion about it and have the instict about the business.

To your dilemma, I'd say that just because Vickie made her way in there and was good on her role, doesn't mean that Warrior's wife can do the same, therefore she shouldn't be in there. Forcing someone on that job just to honor someone else's memory isn't ideal. Vickie worked out fine. They could have someone even better though. As you said, she probably has enough money to spend the rest of her life and her children's, if she isn't reckless. Lucky her.

In this case I don't see her "working" in the same way, as Warrior alluded to in his HOF speech, basically his family was "taken care of now" by his deal.

Of course a lot comes down to how much he told Vince or more likely Trips... If he told "Paul" he was in bad shape health wise and that was why he was amenable to a deal/HOF etc, that he wanted it quiet and on his terms but with the caveat his wife and kids were "looked after" if he does go early in the deal... I can truly see that being something Trips would not only go for but fully fight for with Vince, though I doubt it would be necessary... They KNEW he was not in great shape at the end of the day, they knew something could happen cos he didn't wrestle and he pointedly mentioned it in his speech..."...That won't happen NOW..." I remember thinking "Does he know something?" and 3 days later he is dead...

Warrior was smart in picking Linda, in that she had whatever relationship she had with him too... more likely than not she would be the one who would ensure his family were taken care of for him taking the "leap of faith" in coming back.

Dana can't serve a "good role" in WWE, she can't learn in the way Vicki did and she certainly won't get the time to do so... from WWE's perspective all they need for whatever investment it is, is her "onside" not out there being bitter ala Marta Hart, not rocking the boat, and occasionally showing up with her kids... the PR alone (cynical I know) is worth the hundred or so grand a year Vince would kick back to her on top of the legends deal. Vicki was in a different situation, they paid her Eddie's deal to work for them cos she insisted on earning it and from it, she became her own entity and earned her own (albiet lesser) deal... She was getting the money either way, but Vicki felt the need to "support her kids"... Dana Warrior doesn't strike me as that type, she was well prepared for what happened... no way Warrior wasn't going to not do that... he would have ensured they were "ok" if he went, but I am sure the WWE money is the "extras" so they don't struggle, so they get the benefit he never got from Vince and his legacy... and in reality it's chump change to Vince... but he has a very underseen streak of helping folks through adversity...

Warriors wife may have been married to him for the same amount of time, but there are two big differences. Eddie wrestled while married to Vickie, and Eddie loved the business.

I probably should not be sharing this but as a wrestling insider, one of my close friends works in the WWE within the Creative Team however he is not very high up in that ladder might I add. Anyways, he told me there are several sources floating around that say that the Ultimate Warrior's wife is actually been romantically involved with Paul Wight for quite some time now. I am not sure if these rumors have any merit but I did see texts etc, that I cannot disclose that seem to say that is floated around the inside of the current WWE circuit.

I can't speak for Warriors wife, but I would have to say no. Eddie's Wife was actually on Tv several times just before Eddie died, I even recall Vickie being apart of the Eddie/Rey Mysterio story line where Eddie was trying to gain custody over Rey's son Dominic and part of their ladder match where he pushed Eddie off the ladder. To Eddie he lived wrestling, to Warrior wrestling was just another chapter in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back