• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Exclusive: Possible WWE Championship Plans For SummerSlam

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
WZ has learned from sources WWE's current and tentative plan for the WWE Championship match at SummerSlam in August.

As of now, WWE is looking at having CM Punk defend the WWE Championship against John Cena at SummerSlam on August 19th.

The plan is to build the show around Punk versus Cena and Brock Lesnar versus Triple H. As for why WWE is deciding to go with CM Punk versus John Cena for the WWE Championship for the second SummerSlam in a row - a source said WWE doesn't want their top draw to be in the fourth most important match. The source is referring to having the Brock Lesnar versus Triple H match, two world title matches and then a fourth match featuring Cena.

SummerSlam is one of the biggest pay-per-views of the year in a major television market of Los Angeles, CA - WWE wants Cena to be in a title match and on the top of the billing.

Not a bad idea. Cena and Punk can make magic together. Hopefully Punk finally gets the clean win over Cena he should have earned last year.

As much as I'm loving Punk's run, they should have let Bryan beat him at Over the Limit or No Way Out and then build towards a Bryan/Cena match at Summerslam.

Punk vs. Cena, seen it. WWE should've had the foresight to book him against Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Anyway, that report is silly. A Cena match is still more important than any of the world titles on a PPV. Regardless of who he's against.

I wouldn't mind Punk vs Cena at Summerslam again but I would much rather prefer Punk vs Cena vs Bryan in a triple threat. Bryan is already over but a feud with Cena could really bring him to new heights.

Punk's so far been facing Wade Barrett, Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, The Big Show and now John Cena at SummerSlam...I'll just wait and see what they're actually going to do with the title now shall I?

It's the only thing left to do. Without beating Cena, Punk can only be second best, no matter how long he holds the belt for.

What's funny about that is that he beat Cena twice last year. And he's still second best.

It says a lot about Cena when Punk has held the title for the better part of a year and has been unstoppable yet he still can't even see Cena (pun intended) with a pair of binoculars.

If we get one Summerslam match from last year, this year, can it not be Christian versus Orton again? I'd watch them wrestle every show for a year with a smile on my face.

I think it's a great idea. They work well together, and the alternative ends up being something along the lines of Big Show vs. Punk and Cena vs. ....whoever. This sounds much better.

I don't mind it, as it would be awesome. But now that Punk seems to be pretty much solidified at the #2 spot behind Cena, I kinda feel this could be a Mania Main Event, and would rather them not use it at SummerSlam.

That being said, it beats having Punk be in the 3rd or 4th biggest match on the card.

If this match happens, it doesn't have to live up to last year's. A different story will probably be told than last year so I would have no reason to compare the two.

It would be tremendous. I'm with jmt in as much as I think Bryan and Cena would also have terrific chemistry though. Some day.

Edit: What am I saying!?

[youtube]nf-kiUcAdVI[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back