Excellence of Execution series: The Lariat/Clothesline

The Hiphopapotamus

The Dude abides
Well, tdigs previously did this but he is currently working on his puro thread and Director's showcase, so I told him I could carry this on for him, because I loved the idea.So:

This is the fifth in a series of (ten) threads dedicated to discussing which wrestler best executes a specific maneuver.

Note: Before I discuss the move of this thread, I just want to make it known that I am aware that I am using one of Bret Hart's sobriquets. However, I couldn't think of a more suitable name for this series.

This week I decided to use a move commonly possessed as just another move in someone's repetoire, but can be deployed as a brutal finishing move. The Lariat or Clothesline.

Now many wrestlers do this move, but very few use it as a key component of their offence. And noone utilises it aswell,in my opinion, as Nigel McGuinness. His jawbreaker lariat looks like it could actually do what it says on the tin. And I personally love the top rope lariat.

[youtube]3NzuuxL48go[/youtube]

His lariat's are just sickening.

A case could be made for Stan hansen, but i personally just think that McGuinness' are better. But i could be wrong, and I'm sure The lariat will think so.

So what do you guys think?

Well I don't watch ROH so I really have no clue what his Lariat looks like, hell I don't even know what he looks like. (I can't watch the video on my phone) I also am clueless to Stan Hansen altogether. So by default, I have to go with JBL. Not that his Clothesline From Hell should be taken lightly though, I have seen him do it sometimes where it truly looks career ending. Not saying he has the best one or anything, just saying he shouldn't be out of the discussion.

the jawbreaker lariat was not bad but id have to vote for jbl. as it was said above, a lot of times it looked career ending. it also doesnt hurt that jbl looks much bigger than this guy & has a lot more mass coming at you. id rather take a lariat from this guy than jbl anyday

Going with JBL too. He's so much bigger then Nigel, or looks it at least. Plus he runs full steam at you and knocks the piss out of you. He just makes it look so painful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back