Everytime I log on MSN

Milkyway!

Hodor!
From my Laptop, or Desktop (Yes, they're both on the same modem/router) The lights that say "Up stream, and Down stream" randomly turn off, and I lose internet connection. I can't get on MSN, obviously, to ask Ty, and figured maybe someone outside of him, or Slyfox might know what to do, and I get a faster reply than if I simply PM'ed them.

What I've done to try and fix this problem:

Turn of the computers.

Unplug the modem.

Tried to let MSN repair itself, by clicking "Trouble shooting/Repair"

I've got a Dell, its inspiron, and it runs on Vista. If you need anymore details, just ask.

Just gonna toss out some ideas here...

Webcam? Do you have one that you have tied into MSN?
Issue with your upstream specifically? Are you trying to send someone a file?
Latest version of MSN?
Tried AIM or Yahoo Messenger? Does it happen with them?
Full uninstall MSN and reinstall it fresh?

Like I said, just tossing out random ideas.

From my Laptop, or Desktop (Yes, they're both on the same modem/router) The lights that say "Up stream, and Down stream" randomly turn off, and I lose internet connection. I can't get on MSN, obviously, to ask Ty, and figured maybe someone outside of him, or Slyfox might know what to do, and I get a faster reply than if I simply PM'ed them.

What I've done to try and fix this problem:

Turn of the computers.

Unplug the modem.

Tried to let MSN repair itself, by clicking "Trouble shooting/Repair"

I've got a Dell, its inspiron, and it runs on Vista. If you need anymore details, just ask.
Shoot yourself...it's about the only thing that would make sense.

Umm...how long did you have the modem unplugged? Is your modem also your router?

Just gonna toss out some ideas here...

Webcam? Do you have one that you have tied into MSN?

Nope.

Issue with your upstream specifically? Are you trying to send someone a file?

No, its as soon as I log on.

Latest version of MSN?

Laptop, no. Desktop, yes.

Tried AIM or Yahoo Messenger? Does it happen with them?

I don't use either.

Full uninstall MSN and reinstall it fresh?

I don't see how this would work, seeing as how its happening on both computers. If it didn't happen on my desktop, but did on my laptop. I can see the logic, but for now, that makes no sense. As its happening on both computers.

Like I said, just tossing out random ideas.

Much appreciated.

Shoot yourself...it's about the only thing that would make sense.

Umm...how long did you have the modem unplugged? Is your modem also your router?

I think so, I certainly only have one modem. It was jsut a plug out, plug in type deal. Nothing too long. I might unplug it for the night, tonight.

Sorry it took a while, I was posting in the wrestling section.

I think so, I certainly only have one modem. It was jsut a plug out, plug in type deal. Nothing too long. I might unplug it for the night, tonight.

Sorry it took a while, I was posting in the wrestling section.
What model of modem is it? For example, what is the brand, and on the modem somewhere, it should give a model number too.

Also, unplug it for 45 seconds, then plug it back in and try again.

What model of modem is it? For example, what is the brand, and on the modem somewhere, it should give a model number too.

Also, unplug it for 45 seconds, then plug it back in and try again.

Its Netgear, then below that it says "Wireless Cable Modem Gateway CG814WG v2.

Going to unplug it now, so brb.

Leaving it off for longer than 2.5 seconds seems to have fixed it. Sorry for the inconvience. I'll rep for it tomorrow, I've given too much today.

Leaving it off for longer than 2.5 seconds seems to have fixed it. Sorry for the inconvience. I'll rep for it tomorrow, I've given too much today.

No problem...unplugging for only a couple seconds usually won't fix things. But, between 15-30 seconds will usually make a difference...and 45 seconds is just a "to be safe" number.

Will and I are noticing issues with Xbox Live right now, they may not be related but maybe Microsoft is fucking with their servers right now.

Well its happening again. I've done as I did before, even went as far as uninstalling/reinstalling and completely turning the internet/modem off for 24 hours. What do I do this time? =\\

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back