• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ever been so sick that...

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
You can literally feel every muscle, bone, and joint in your body ache? Where you have a headache? Where you have a sore throat, but can't drink any water because it makes your stomach sick?

Doesn't it always seem like those times when you have the most to do, and things unexpectedly come up?

Seems to now. I can't lay down because I ache, can't sit up because it gives me a headache, can't swallow because my throat is sore and dry, can't drink fluids because it makes me sick, and my mom called me a few hours ago because she heard a big boom and her husband is in Florida checking on his houses. So, she had me come over to make sure everything was fine because she was freaked out.

The only thing that seems to be in my favor is that it's Friday.

Basically, woe is me, and bestow your sympathies for me here. Or make fun of me, like we would all do to Mr. Sam if he made this thread.

Sly needs a belly rub.

Get better Sly.

I know what it is? School children make you sick

Get well soon.

I never understood why people say that, as if telling me to get better means I'll just turn a switch and be okay. But meh.

Yup teachers are the professionals who get sick the most because they are around germs (er I mean kids) all the time. My sister is a teacher and she is like that too. It will pass...by Monday u will be better but ur weekend is shot.

Yup teachers are the professionals who get sick the most because they are around germs (er I mean kids) all the time. My sister is a teacher and she is like that too. It will pass...by Monday u will be better but ur weekend is shot.

I didn't miss a single day of work last year, except for professional development days, which the school made me attend.

Of course, I was the only one in the district with perfect attendance, but still.

Cool...keep up the Cal Ripkne like streak. My sister is in her 2nd year as a teacher and has missed 1 day only thus far,....

I didn't miss a single day of work last year, except for professional development days, which the school made me attend.

Of course, I was the only one in the district with perfect attendance, but still.

Hate to tell you this, I've known it for a while, you're a geek. Have a day off and take the little lady shopping.

Hate to tell you this, I've known it for a while, you're a geek. Have a day off and take the little lady shopping.
Miss work to spend money on someone other than myself? Nah, forget that.

And, I like being at work. I like being around all the kids, and doing what I do. And, I always feel bad if I have to miss work. I worked at a retail store (Staples) for over 4 years while I was in college, and never called in sick. The only time I called in to say I couldn't work was when my grandfather died.

Missing work just feels wrong to me, and I can't stand to do it.

I never called in sick when I worked for other people either. But I think that if you get shit pay you owe it to yourself to take the odd day off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back