• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eve Torres wins the Divas Title

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Eve Torres. She's so scorching hot that if she was to breathe on a piece of metal I'm sure it would turn into the T-1000 Terminator. However, what the hell was she doing in that match? Did I miss when she got involved in any feuds over the Divas title?

Let's face it, we were all expecting Kong to show up as the fourth competitor in the Divas title match at the Rumble last night. Instead, Eve shows up and actually took the title belt. She's hot as hell and all but I really don't see the fit here.

The only thing I can see is that Eve is the biggest diva on the roster (besides Beth Phoenix) and is the most fitting woman for Kong to debut and feud with right now. Beth Phoenix is the ideal fit, but I agree that the load should not be blown on that feud anytime soon. Wrestlemania? Perhaps. But not now.

What do you guys think of her win?

Moderator's Note: DO NOT make this thread all about Awesome Kong. This thread is about Eve Torres's title win last night.

Really not a fan of her winning this, or being in the match at all...

When they said it would be Fatal 4 way, i thought it would be Beth not Kong as i don't think they will throw her the title straight away, but no it was Eve, and she won? WTF!

I also really don't see the point of having McCool pin Natalya at the same time Eve pinned Layla, unless they intend to give McCool a match vs Eve in which Michelle wins hopefully. No idea. Or Kong will get her title match, and its better that Eve get squashed instead of Laycool or Natalya?

Overall, out of all of this, what i really want to see is Maryse win the strap from Eve. :)

I was hoping for Kong to win it as well.

I don't get why Eve won the Divas championship. It makes no sense. I mean, she has not even been in the Divas tile picture in a good four months or so right? WWE makes some weird ass bookings sometimes.

The crowd was so disappointed when her music hit. They just give a big WTF and gave no reaction even when she won. She has been getting that kind of reaction since she started wrestling. Sorry Eve, but no one cares.

I hated that she won it. Natalya was going strong and I don't know why they just give her a 2 month reign. Eve isn't that good in the ring either as compared to Natalya.

Moderator's note aside, it is hard to discuss this without injecting Awesome Kong into the discussion. Because I think she is the sole reason why Eve Torres was given the title last night in the first place.

I predict Awesome Kong will debut in WWE very soon, possibly as soon as tonight on RAW. She will be in the title picture immediately and I wouldn't be surprised to see her win it pretty much right away.

I don't think they would want her to debut in this fashion and destroy either Natalya, McCool, or Layla as they are divas which WWE seems to think reasonably highly of. They likely want Kong (whatever she ends up being called) to debut by devastating someone in the ring. And I think WWE would rather that someone be Eve Torres, who they really don't give a shit about, rather than the other three. After a period of domination, we'll see these three, as well as Beth Phoenix, chasing her, with Beth eventually defeating her and looking very strong in the process.

I think Eve won last night simply to be an expendable convenient fall guy for the debuting Awesome Kong. As I said, wouldn't be shocked to see this happen tonight, or at least put the wheels in motion for it to happen very soon.

I love Eve, she's probably my favorite diva, but I don't know why she won this match. I think Eve has all the tools to be a diva's champ: good in the ring, can work a crowd, is SMOKING hot... but she hasn't been pushed to be a champion at all.

I had no problem with Eve being in the match–I figured it just meant more hot women in the ring at once–but Eve winning was not something I was prepared for.

If I had to predict what Eve's reign is going to be like... I think we'll see her retain against Natalya after LayCool interferes, go onto feud with Melina, and then see a team of Natalya, Beth Phoenix, and Eve face off against LayCool and Awesome Kong at Mania with the other divas as Lumberjills.

Being there live in Boston last night, I can't begin to describe the disappointment in the live crowd when her music hit. Everyone was chanting 'Kong,' and I figured it would have been Phoenix to come out and take the strap. The in-ring work in the match was okay. When Eve was declared the champion, she received NO reaction AT ALL, which I believe is the first-time in history that no reaction was garnered during a championship switch. This was the only glitch in a damn-near perfect wrestling pay-per-view.
Eve was over as champion a year ago....now, her ship has sailed. She is the worst diva in the ring behind Kelly Kelly (thank God Maria was fired), and her wrestling outfits are atrocious. But, I must say, that she takes bikini photos unlike no other.
Now, McCool also made the pin at the same time, so the only reason I can see this booked this way is to prove that Eve is not a credible champion, and I believe the Raw GM will either strip her of the title or demand some kind of rematch. I can see her being stripped of the title, and Kong coming out and cleaning house in a battle royal. Kind of like making Eve a sacrifical lamb, because they don't want to make Lay-Cool, Phoenix, Maryse, or Natalya look bad. Or Phoenix wins the title in a battle royal or Divas Title tournament in which they then bring in the awesome one, Kong. No matter which way you slice it over the next few weeks, this whole scenario ends up with Phoenix vs. Kong at Wrestlmania for the Divas Title. I'm just not sure which one will be the champion going in.

I was disappointed with the surprise and outcome at first, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense:

If Kong had debuted and immediately won the belt there would have been zero buildup. Maybe 25% of the mainstream (not smark) WWE audience even knows what TNA is or who Kong is. Her coming out of nowhere to win the belt in her debut would have had NO heat and would have confused most of the crowd and viewers at home.

Having Kong beat Nattie for the belt would have also made Nattie look weak after she has been made to look dominant for 2+ months. Meaning that their rematch for the title would have also had no heat because people would just assume she was gonna get squashed again.

Putting the belt on Michelle or Layla would have meant that if Kong debuted and won they would have had to book her as a face, which I just dont see working.

Putting the belt on Eve means they can give Eve a short transitional run,then have Kong debut and completely ANNIHILATE her. Kong goes on a tear destroying all the babyface Divas for weeks, then Nattie gets a rematch at Wrestlemania.

Creative made the smart move. Not the smark move.

If Kong is just going to destroy Eve to immediately make the character into a monster diva then fair enough it avoids Nattie and Laycool looking week but if not it's the most pointless title change they could think of. Since when has Eve been relevant? If they wanted to make a champion and not just fodder for Kong though they should have used Gail Kim or Melina.

But overall i'm not really too surprised at this because the women's division has been pointless for years now.

Moderator's note aside, it is hard to discuss this without injecting Awesome Kong into the discussion. Because I think she is the sole reason why Eve Torres was given the title last night in the first place.

I predict Awesome Kong will debut in WWE very soon, possibly as soon as tonight on RAW. She will be in the title picture immediately and I wouldn't be surprised to see her win it pretty much right away.

I don't think they would want her to debut in this fashion and destroy either Natalya, McCool, or Layla as they are divas which WWE seems to think reasonably highly of. They likely want Kong (whatever she ends up being called) to debut by devastating someone in the ring. And I think WWE would rather that someone be Eve Torres, who they really don't give a shit about, rather than the other three. After a period of domination, we'll see these three, as well as Beth Phoenix, chasing her, with Beth eventually defeating her and looking very strong in the process.

I think Eve won last night simply to be an expendable convenient fall guy for the debuting Awesome Kong. As I said, wouldn't be shocked to see this happen tonight, or at least put the wheels in motion for it to happen very soon.

I agree 100% with this.

The other thing I thought of was Awesome Kong tweeted Sunday that her "stomach is RUMBLE-ing". So maybe the plan was for her to show up but someone didn't like her spilling the beans. So they pulled it back and will bring her out at a later point.

But who knows maybe the whole thing is leading somewhere. So before we 100% poo-poo everything. Lets wait and see how this plays out.

To me this made Zero Sense.

Nattie was having a decent title reign putting on some decent women's matches with Laycool, she then goes on to feud with Melina who just became the New number #1 contender after she turned heel and Melina gets her title match on the Raw before the Rumble in a Throwaway match, then Laycool comes out and says they are new #1 contenders and its a handicap match at the Rumble, then at the Rumble the GM changes it to a Fatal 4 and the 4th member of this match is not Awesome Kong which would've been cool, Not Beth Phoenix either which would have been the most logical person to be in this match seeing as she's been feuding with Laycool and working with Nattie since she returned. The 4th person was Eve no one cared when she came out the Crowd Was DEAD Silent she's barely been on Raw the last two months and now all of a sudden she's in a Title Match and she wins it, it really doesn't make much sense why this happened, the crowd was SLIENT for her win No one Cares for Eve. Hopefully this will be a Very Short Title reign for Eve.

As soon as she won it I couldn't help but think Eve v. Melina. I guess they just got exhausted with Lay-Cool being NOC all the time, or Natalya being on the receiving end of title shots. It shakes it up a bit if anything.

Haha... I agree with all of you. This played out definitely weird.. But the catharsis Eve felt after the match, as proven by her tears, suggests that she may have deserved or THOUGHT she deserved to be champion by now. Maybe they felt like they'd pacify her by giving her the belt at a big pay per view, now she'll be more noticeable in case they want to re-insert her into the title picture in the future, or never give her the belt again. The options remain open and women are more interchangeable than the guys.
They can make me happy by setting up a Triple Threat match at Wrestlemania between Natalya, Kong, and Pheonix. This being what I want, I was disappointed to see Eve win the title even though I'm happy for her. They could have given her a slow build Summerslam or something by giving her a winning streak and building momentum while tightening her ring and mic skills, cus she's sloppy even though I think she pulled off a decent dropkick and took some hard bumps (McCool's baseball slide, knocking her to the floor). I would rather have seen a retention by Natalya, a 5 or 6 Diva elimination match at elimination chamber in which Natalya again retains by DQ, because of interference from a debuting Kong. Then in the weeks leading to WrestleMania have a fallout between Beth and Natalya over facing Kong at Mania leading to a heated Triple Threat match.
But now, I think they can still have an Elimination Match at the next PPV but have Pheonix and Natalya cost eachother the match and Kong squash the rest of the Divas for the title leading to the triple threat at Mania. BOOYAH.
OHHH, yeah! This is supposed to be about Eve... Yeah this title run is a fluke.

Not that Beth Phoenix is the ugliest diva ever, but Eve is hotter, and i heard before, the ole booking strategy of pitting the beautiful champion against the beast as a good way to go. So in this case Eve vs the upcoming debut of Kong (whos name i would think will change) makes sense, if not rushed/awkward/forced on how Eve got the title last night

They say it builds more heat from the womens side of things to have the big uggo come out and destroy the prrrrty ones, to start feuds or whatever. Thats my guess on how things played out last night

I have to agree & disagree with a lot of you. I think it was a bit random to have Eve in the match and have her win but they must have a reason for this but I really doubt its just for Eve to be dominated and tossed out like nothing by Kong.

I believe this is the start of something great for Eve. If all goes like I imagine which most likely not lol. Eve wins the title just to have Kong debut. But not to make Kong over but to really put Eve in a spot that she would become the Underdog of the feud.

Just like they did with Kong & Gail Kim and even back then with Trish Stratus & Jazz. In my perfect world Eve will be made into the ultimate underdog. She will lose the title to kong and then get it back down the road proving that Kong may be big and strong but Eve has heart and she "BeliEVEs" she can beat kong.

I really dont see Eve being tossed out like a rag doll and move on to the next Diva. WWE loves Eve Torres and won't just throw her into the fire like that. I'm sure they have something plan for her, at least I hope so anyways.

Natalya wouldn't really fit in this role cause she is booked as a strong Diva as is Beth. The only logically face divas left would be Eve (Bellas & Gail have their own thing, Kelly is not too reliable & Kaitlyn is still wayyyyyyyyyyy too green) Eve fits perfectly in this equation and maybe when this storyline is done they can move on to Natalya or Beth and book them as Strong vs Stronger kinda deal.

Anyway that is just my opinion and I wanted to share it! :)

EDIT::::

Oh I also wanted to add for those saying she got NO REACTION when she won. Um DUH the crowd was confused as to who won. The heel or the face so ofcoarse they were not going to react. Once her music hit & the ref raised Eve's hand she definitely got a standard Diva Reaction. Divas dont go by reaction. WWE don't give the crowd enough time to give a damn. We are lucky they(all divas) even get a reaction.

Those Divas that do get big reactions is because the fans were exposed to them for a long time and had time to get to know them. Kelly with her stripping days, Melina with her MNM days and all her backstage promos. etc. Eve hasn't had that opportunity like those divas who get a decent reaction. Give the girl a break. Geesh!

I was let down when Eve was inserted into the match, let alone win. I would have liked it to be a 3-way match instead of her inclusion. I don't see the reign lasting past EC no matter what happens. It will either be a debuting Kong or going to one of LayCool (probably Michelle).

I just think this title reign came totally out of left field, and the crowd reaction reflected that.

Apparently, doing appearances for WWE (fan signings, talk shows, etc.) means that you are going to be champion sooner than later. Eve has done alot of field work for WWE, just like the Miz. Now while I believe that Eve is going to be used to get Awesome Kong over, why couldn't they have used Melina or Beth or Natalya for that position?

It's because she's Eve Torres...and she is AWESOME!!

She may be so awesome, that she will be to Awesome Kong what Hogan was to Andre the Giant, slamming her big-sized rival to win at Wrestlemania.

Even though last night this made no sense, and was a huge anti-climax to the anticipated debut of Kong, but now, I can see where it might go.

Let's face it, most of us expect Kong to debut sooner rather than later, and as D-Man said, WWE will not go straight into Kong and Phoneix, and they can't really afford to crush either Natalya or Laycool for the time being. Taking Melina out of the equation as she just got a title shot on Raw last week, the next most capable, well built for a diva, is Eve. She's not spectacular, but she is damn good for a Diva, how many other Diva's can do a moonsault? I would expect if Kong debuts, to go sraight for the title, and taking away the several women wrestler's I already mentioned, Eve is next in line, and the most capable to be, basically tossed around a ring, without botching the whole thing. So Eve as champion should be a short term thing, and won't be too bad, Eve can carry a good match par Diva standards, she isn't a barbie, and her botch rate is much less than many Diva's. Then, I expect Kong to take the title at EC, or earlier, and then we get Kong vs. Phoneix for WM.

And to JGKY point on the silence for her win, yes they were dead, but in fairness, the crowd was firmly expecting Kong, and were dissapointed with Eve, hell, no matter who they sent out there, unless it was Kong, the crowd wouldn't care, if she's on Raw tonight, she should get a nice enough reaction, unless the WWE world hold's a grudge. :)

Kong not debuting was a huge, huge letdown; but I understand now why she didn't debut. With that being said though, with Natalya as champion, I was more into the Divas division than I had been in years. I was enjoying the matches she was putting on.

Like other people said, hopefully this is transitional; but for now the Divas division is disappointing again. I am just hoping Eve is keeping that belt warm for Kong.

As sme of you guys mentioned Eve involvement with the Divas Title match made little to no sense. It would've even made more sense to turn it into a triple threat match. Plus I definitely expected Kong to to the take spot for 4th Competitor. Oh well as long as Eve's champion let's brace ourselves for another boring title reign.:shrug:...Again.

I'm going to lay out my thoughts and a prediction.

I think Eve won last night to kind of go along with the Candice Michelle - Beth Phoenix effect they sort of had a couple years back when Beth first debuted. Eve is gorgeous and scorching hot, and is definitely a hard worker... but I think its most fitting of all the contending Divas for the title, Eve would be the one that would be "fed" to Awesome Kong and her debut.

The way I see it, the prediction I'm going to lay down is tonight on RAW, Eve vs Natalya in a title rematch... setting the stage for a dominating Awesome Kong to rip apart the victorious Eve Torres.

Also, I wanted to add to Eve's victory. Disregarding Ms. Kong for a moment, there still is Natalya, the former Champion, LayCool, who will most likely not go quietly about the double pin mishap that happened, Beth Phoenix who has been defeating LayCool week after week, and Melina, who just turned heel and has yet to prove herself.

There's also Gail and the Bellas who are seemingly doing something... The Divas division looks to be more interesting then ever right now.

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Eve Torres. She's so scorching hot that if she was to breathe on a piece of metal I'm sure it would turn into the T-1000 Terminator. However, what the hell was she doing in that match? Did I miss when she got involved in any feuds over the Divas title?

Let's face it, we were all expecting Kong to show up as the fourth competitor in the Divas title match at the Rumble last night. Instead, Eve shows up and actually took the title belt. She's hot as hell and all but I really don't see the fit here.

The only thing I can see is that Eve is the biggest diva on the roster (besides Beth Phoenix) and is the most fitting woman for Kong to debut and feud with right now. Beth Phoenix is the ideal fit, but I agree that the load should not be blown on that feud anytime soon. Wrestlemania? Perhaps. But not now.

What do you guys think of her win?

[/size]

It's obviously setting up for the debut of Kong. Eve makes sense because she is A. a face B. a former Diva's champ and C. no match for Kong. Natalya vs. Kong and Beth vs. Kong are feuds for down the line. When Kong debuts she's gonna start crushing Divas and making her name, starting with the Kelly Kelly's and the Eve's, eventually leading up to a showdown with Beth. Natalya will keep LayCool busy for a while, and will probably be in line to face Kong as well.

I love reading this board. You guys are always seeing things I would have never thought of.
When I first heard about Eve winning the title I was like WTH? I could not understand a) why she was in the match when Beth made more sense and b) why gibve her the win and title. Her last title reign lasted what, 1 month? I still am not sre this makes any sense.
I do not think the title needs to be involved with Kong's arrival. You can have unseen attacks on Divas building suspense. Then Kong appears at EC and attacks Natty, Bet or whoemever to set up the WM match

Makes complete sense to me. Eve will now be fed to Awesome Kong, probably tonight. Kong will destroy then keep the title until Mania and Miss Pheonix will step up for a dream Divas match.

Hopefully after that we will see a Pheonix/Natalya programme.

Excellent point.

Sets up a potential Layla and Michelle McCool feud as well. Instead of going to break the cover by Eve on Lalya, McCool goes for the cover on Natayla for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back