• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EV2.0 to stay?

realdealasshole

Pre-Show Stalwart
So Hardcore Justice honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. Although, I only watched the last three matches. In the end I felt, "not that they really needed it, but good for those wrestlers to get their second final night." Then it was over and I was excited that I'd hopefully never have to hear the three letters ECW again on a wrestling program. Was ECW cool? To some. But it's dead now and should remain dead.

Yet, wrestlezone has reported that several ECW wrestlers were backstage for the tapings and they have begun selling EV2.0 merchandise. Here are my thoughts on that: LET IT DIE! TNA will absolutely never succeed if they keep doing blatantly foolish things like this. Now I'm all behind Tommy Dreamer's other ideas that he stated he'd want to do with the company, but this is just awful. Tommy, don't let the past dictate how you run the present. If you do, TNA will die...fast. Sorry to be so negative everyone, but that's just how I feel.

How does everyone else feel about this potential EV2.0 staying in TNA situation?

Well, if they do it right SOME of them could stick around. They could do a Fortune vs EV2.0 feud where thay force them to leave.

It would be ridiculous for TNA to continue giving most of the EV2.0 guys TV time. They are all past their prime, if they had one to begin with and are taking advantage of whoever they can to get a bigger paycheck than there normal 50 bucks a night for a local promotion.

I mean seriously, you cant say ECW. Heyman wants nothing to do with it. Its a terrible idea. It was a terrible idea to do Hardcore Justice in the first place. It would be a joke to keep the EV2.0 stable going. You had your show now step out of the TNA spotlight that never shoulda been takin off of AJ Styles, The Guns, etc.

Who knows if their gone or not? I guess well just have to tune into this weeks impact to find out. I hope that their done because Tommy Dreamer even stated it's not about Ecw vs Tna it was about another Ecw reunion. I certainly hope this doesn't turn into Tna vs Ecw.

After downloading and watching Hardcore Justice today, cause I wasn't about to spend my money on it, I noticed a few ECW guys that might be able to make a slight impact on...err...Impact, and several that should never lace up boots again (ie Tracy Smothers).

1. Kid Kash - Got a pretty god pop and a nice "welcome back" chant. Was one of the best heel X-division champions in TNA and was put in a very crappy match on HCJ.

2. Guido - I have liked Guido from his ECW days, has the potential to do good things in the X-Division. WWE never really gave him a chance in my opinion and TNA could be what he needs.

3. 2 Cold Scorpio - This is surprising for me because the last match I saw of his, was one of Shane Douglas's hardcore reunion shows and did he look really sluggish and not really into it. On Hardcore Justice he was one of the bright spots, his moves looked good and he looks in pretty decent shape. Definitely could be used to get new stars over. They wont gain a lot of overness from him, but some none the less. Short term TNA deal would be OK in my opinion.

4. Justin Credible - I'm sorry should I say P.J. Polaco? Got a pop from the crowd once he came out and they saw who he was. "Justin Credible" chants as well. Give him a new name that has the same play on words like Justin Credible did. He could be used for the same reason as 2 Cold Scorpio.

5. Sabu - Whats the deal with no hair? Loses some of the menacing look in my opinion. Anyways, fans eat him up every time he is on a show. If used very, very rarely, he could be a stepping stone as well. Pay per appearance kind of guy.

I'm sure there are some that I have missed and I'm sure you guys will let me know. I am also sure you guys will be ready to shoot down my thoughts. What else are these forums for? Anyways, here you go, enjoy.

Hey Yo!

Why would EV2.0 stay (horrible name by the way) there is no logic or reason for them to stay. Tommy Dreamer pretty much stated that we wanted that one last night and they got it, so from what i have gathered that is it. They had their one last night and now piss off, so TNA can focus on who they should be focusing their company around in the first place and move on from the constant nostalgic angles that just are not working.

Man it would be stupid to keep these guys around....any of em. tna has already sent many of their original guys 3 yrs back in their carreers by bringin in hogan flair hardy rvd anderson and others. So what?? Keep more washed up has beens arouns to put in the limelight and push the rest of yer original rosters even further back? Gimme a break tna needs to get a clue. They're not gonna draw original ecw fans in that haven't heard of tna. If people don't know what tna is how the hell they gonna know they've brought in ecw guys? What a complete waste!

I'm very glad to hear that EV2.0 is sticking around, there are a number of them that can still contribute to TNA. Many of them can still go in the ring & are still entertaining to watch. Tommy Dreamer, Justin Credible, Raven, Rhino, Kid Kash, Guido, Sabu, Team 3D, etc. all have a ton of life left in them...it would be cool to see them feud with the Hogan/Bischoff regime considering that WCW was a huge part of the original ECW's death. I don't see their presence as anything but positive.

Man it would be stupid to keep these guys around....any of em. tna has already sent many of their original guys 3 yrs back in their carreers by bringin in hogan flair hardy rvd anderson and others. So what?? Keep more washed up has beens arouns to put in the limelight and push the rest of yer original rosters even further back? Gimme a break tna needs to get a clue. They're not gonna draw original ecw fans in that haven't heard of tna. If people don't know what tna is how the hell they gonna know they've brought in ecw guys? What a complete waste!

How have they been set back 3 years? They weren't heading in any direction before Hogan and Bischoff came in. How has the additions of RVD and Mr. Anderson hurt the guys that were already there? The problem in TNA is a creative issue not a talent issue. Just because they bring in guys doesn't mean they should keep everyone else. There are a few guys on TNA's roster that do not need to be there. Plus do you not hear the pops and everyone singing along to RVD's theme music? The fans love him and have always loved him, bringing him in was the right thing to do. Chances are if people who do not know what TNA is, then they aren't wrestling fans in the first place.

EV2.0 was pretty cool to have around for the PPV but it should be what ECW should have been before WWE revived it for another show, a One Night Stand. One last chance to relive the glory days before everyone rides of into the sunset and does their own thing. To have all the former ECW guys be around for more than this is almost too much to handle. Not to mention the potential for TNA to put the same guys in the title hunt. Many of these guys are just too old to be relevant in this industry.

TNA continuously says that it's time for the old guys to take a backseat and let the young guys be at the forefront. Yes that does include the ECW guys.

Well just because TNA are making/selling EV2.0 shirts does not mean that they are staying, although knowing TNA, they probably will. They may just be cpaptilizing on the EV2.0 logo.

Besides that, I would'nt mind seeing Sabu come back even on just a basic PPV only apperence. He was with TNA at a time when they were at they're best after all.

RVD could stay since he is the world champion unless they plan on taking it off of him. But I would keep him.

I also agree with Too Cold Scripio looking good at Hardcore Justice so who knows what he's in line for.

Just some of my thoughts.

I've never been a huge TNA fan but I started watching it about a year ago because it was something different.

I feel like everything they've done in the past few months is going further away from their identity and it is not good.

It is almost like they're admitting defeat by adandoning who they are and trying to be what they think people want them to be but they're still failing.

MODERATORS NOTE:

Just a general in-thread warning so this thread doesn't spiral, but the WZ report about EV 2.0 wrestlers being backstage for the iMPACT! tapings is borderline spoilers, and so you all know, this forum takes a zero tolerance rule on posting them.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD, or you risk being banned outright for it.

Please keep the discussion here on the idea of EV 2.0 staying around, and do not rely on spoiler information for your argument, even if you know what is going to happen.

Hey Yo!

Why would EV2.0 stay (horrible name by the way) there is no logic or reason for them to stay. Tommy Dreamer pretty much stated that we wanted that one last night and they got it, so from what i have gathered that is it. They had their one last night and now piss off, so TNA can focus on who they should be focusing their company around in the first place and move on from the constant nostalgic angles that just are not working.

To some degree, I think you may have answered your own question. There's no real logical reason for them to stick around really, but logic and reason aren't exactly TNA's strengths.

As to the topic in and of itself, I know that there are some fans that want to have this warm and fuzzy feeling regarding Dixie Carter doing the whole Hardcore Justice thing out of the good of her heart. However, Dixie Carter did it in the hopes of possibly making a buck off of the old ECW legacy. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not putting her down for that or anything. After all, gal's gotta eat right? But, she didn't do it to make everyone feel all gushy and huggable. The fact that the group was given a name in the first place was the first sign that they'd probably be staying around after Hardcore Justice. Why give a group of guys a name if you're only going to use them for a single night? As I said, if Dixie thinks that keeping the ECW guys around for a while will cause the nostalgiaholics among TNA's audience to open their wallets, then she'll use them for a while.

As for how I feel about it, well it doesn't really interest me. ECW got its one last night, yet again, so I'd just rather move on. I had no desire to see Hardcore Justice and I've about as much interest as seeing the continuation of the ECW faction in TNA. I'm just over the whole thing.

If anything keep them on the booking team to help give matches such as hardcore ones a definitve 'ECW' feel, this allows the marks to enjoy 'extreme' wrestling as well as actually watch TNA wrestlers go at it. (Styles, MCMG, Beer Money, Anderson, Hardy etc)

Keeping the ECW guys around to wrestle is a bad idea, their getting old, they may have been able to put on decent matches for one night, but you can't expect them to keep going at it on a regular basis. This is a recipe for disaster and fuel the fire that TNA loves guys past their prime.

If EV2.0 stays around in any way, shape, or form, then all those ECW guys and especially Tommy Dreamer are f'cking hypocrits. Simple as that. They cried and preached about having one final goodbye, of paying homage to ECW one last time, and that's what this was all about. That's what everything up until and the PPV was. If they continued things on after that bad PPV then they're all full of shit and everyone who paid any money to watch Hardcore Justice was taken by Dreamer and Carter. But, it's not like Dreamer wasn't already a hypocrit.

I don't see a point in keeping them around. They had their one last night (again), and TNA should just move on. With the exception of a few those guys they don't have much to offer TNA in the long term. If they do some sort of invasion angle or have TNA vs ECW. Then TNA will be right back to taking criticism for rehashing old storylines or copying the Nexus vs Team WWE angle.

If they go the TNA vs ECW route and bury the ECW guys. Then they would be no better than WWE for supposedly destroying ECW's legacy, and the Hardcore Justice show would have been pointless. They had their night now move on and focus on TNA not ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back