• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young Made Me Remember Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
He's Canadian!!!!!

So Thursday night, Eric Young turned on the TNA Originals and joined the British Invasion, Kiyoshi, and Bashir. He said that they were the elite and things are going to change forever. How much havoc will they reek on Impact? Will the Main Event Mafia tremble with fear now since there appears to be another stable? More importantly, do they need a stable name? I would have chosen the Un-Americans but darn the WWE for already using it. If they haven't copyrighted it, then they can use it. All in all, I see this new coalition doing pretty much of nothing because the Mafia will have all the titles once Samoa Joe defeats Homicide eventually. Who wants to see heels face off against heels away?

You know Eric Young has come along way tho Jerry Team Canada he was there little ''Gofer ''and Paranoyed when Team Canada disbanded he was still Paranoyed and then with his '' Super Eric '' he was fearless now sence hes back to beenin Eric Young and fearless there going to turn him heel and make him leader of Elite but grandted they have MEM all heavyweights and now 3 females in the MEM but i like the concept of have a nother stabel of X Division stars

I think that they could be entertaining. They can gain some credibility by beating up some guys then while the frontline goes after the heavyweight and tag titles all of them can attack joe, now seriously they can't have joe beat them all up. Also they are a group of young guys so they can help eventually beat the mafia along with the frontline to gain their push to top heel stable. I think we are looking at the future heel stable just not as dominant as the MEM.

The World Elite if done right should be a good if not great angle for everyone involved Doug Williams is a good worker as well as Eric Young and Shiek Abdul Bashir . This stable or group I don't think will fued with MEM I think they should coexist against the Originals atleast temperarily then work against each other over the titles (X division and Tag) at some point . If it all works out well this group could at some point take over the MEM spot if they ever leave TNA or disband as the top heel group in TNA !!

This could be an interesting and fun to watch stable, especially since MEM may break up pretty soon. I'm hoping that these two stables have some kind of interaction, hopefully a feud of some kind, before that happens. Just as long as it isn't a squash for MEM...

It's hard to remember anything about Eric Young because any time he speaks, I can't get over how horrible his voice sounds. It's like a child smoker's voice.

Eric Young the gimmick is terrbile. It's like Santino in the WWE, no matter what they do with him, it will never feel legit. I don't see Eric as a leader, I don't see him as a real heel. The whole stable is stupid in my opinion but hey it's TNA the worst wrestling company in history. So I wouldn't have expected less.

i think Eric still has a lot to do before he's really a legit heel. who has he really feuded with? what was going to be his "coming out" feud has been scrapped because of Jarrett being taken off t.v. so maybe this world elite thing is the right fit for him. He is canadian so it fits with the whole stable being "foreigners" (even though daivari was born in the states, he's ethnic so it works.) after last weeks impact, maybe you'll even see homicide join up as the hispanic guy. tna has really dropped the ball with the x division as of late, so hopefully this angle will spice things up and give Eric a chance to shine as the focal point of a story line.

I think EY as the leader of this "World Elite" stable is pretty intriguing. He needs some time as a heel in a legitimate program, because he was just kinda doing nothing but showing up in Mick Foley's office asking for "opportunities" the past few months on TV.

I don't know how but I think if they do this right, he will get legitimized as a true top player for TNA, even though they tried that a couple of years ago at Turning Point. Imagine the matches with AJ or Daniels, or Roode or Storm, guys he knows well in the ring and guys he has a history with since the beginning of the company.

He needed a gimmick makeover, and I think this was the right thing for him...with a few guys under him and backing him up, basically running rampant over the midcard in TNA. Just get rid of that goofy hairdo and maybe give him a moniker, like "The Defector" or "The Deceiver" or something along those lines...

Roode is Canadian too, but I don't think the Canadian aspect really played into them adding Young to the group, it could if they reveal it in future promos, but it was more about the character being upset with his spot in the company.

They called themselves the World Elite, which is a horrendous name, but that hasn't stopped TNA in the past, as exemplified by Beer Money, inc. The group has been a long time coming, but I can't see them acheiving much. British Invasion are quite simply never going to get the IWGP tag team belts, and everything else is locked up by the Mafia. I suppose the Mafia will probably fall apart either just before or just after Bound For Glory, but this was certainly an odd time to make this stable. Oh well, I'm sure they will come to the fore at somepoint in the not to distant future, but for now, expect mucho 12 man tag matches and the like against teams like Lethal Consequences, MCMG, Amazing Red and AN Other, and the odd inexplicable beat down of TNA's resident whipping boy Daniels.

I think this stable is horrible. Why in the world did they take away from the British Invasion by adding a bunch of other outside members and making it far, far too convoluted? It's just bad booking. Its TNA having too many people and nothing to do with them, while still trying to find something for them.. so they throw them all together and its just a bad idea. The British Invasion was good on its own, had potential, but now they're lost in the shuffle. And Eric Young as the leader? Bad, bad idea.. Brutus needs to be the leader, he's got the charisma, the mic ability, and his character was the one that made sense in that role. Eric Young's friends behind the scenes have now worked to sabotage something that was good and turn it into something bad. I'm a fan of Eric Young, I'm Canadian, I love (and miss) Team Canada very much, but Eric Young should not be in this role at all.

British Invasion are quite simply never going to get the IWGP tag team belts
Possible Spoiler...

FAIL lol

As for the World Elite it seems like they are starting to get over as a heel group. Yes, really it is just the merging of two separate stables (one unnamed until now). I think the team so far is working and at least the diversity in the group makes sense, I never understood having Bashir with No Limit and Kiyoshi, until they got rid of No Limit and now they are at least in a group where they can explain why they are together. Why was Bashir with No Limit? Just because he was there?

I have interest in the world elite over the main event mafia, mostly because MeM is established names in the business w/morgan and joe. and World Elite is a lot of the guys we have heard about having talent but never being utilized in a way that shows it. Bashir Magnus and Ey are definately the guys ive got my eyes on and i hope they do well. so yeah its an anti american stable to start but i have high hopes that it evolves into more wrestling vs Sports Entertainment angle, to me that would be far better than the stale old i hate your country angle we've been fed for over 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back