Entrance Music - How much does it influence your pop for a wrestler?

I don't think it's the music that influences at all. It's the fact that the music is associated with a wrestler.

We'll take X-Pac as the example. He used a variation of the DX music, yet got as much a pop as Charlie Haas from it, while DX usually raised the roof with the pops they got.

You've got to care about the wrestler before the music will get you a pop. Once that is in place, provided the music fits (Undertaker coming out to Ooops! I did it again just won't work), then there will be a pop.

I dont think it makes that much difference, while some music is popular for certain people in the end if you like the wrestler you'll cheer the wrestler. You may be dissapointed that they changed their music but if you wouldnt stop cheering them for it. . . . . . . . . would you?

Kanes one of my favourite examples, he changed his music from that awesome theme that he had through the attitude era to that somewhat weak theme he has now but people still go crazy when the guy comes to the ring and I think thats because they know someones gonna get the crap beaten out of them (Chris Jericho the most recent example)
When the Rock changed his theme to the hollywood style theme his face pop/heel heat didnt diminish, not to mention that he scrapped the "IF YA SMELL. . . . . WHAT THE ROCK. . . . IS COOKING"

Music helps and you do identify it with the wrestler especially if their is a trademark such as the glass shattering, or "you think you know me", or even "KENNEDY" but in the end the music can change but the guy your cheering for stays the same (corny I know, but it worked)

Music such as these below i think really connect with the fans reaction and the overall reaction of the wrestler him or herself. I think the music is a extension of the wrestler. As soon as you hear it, you jump up. Notice the difference in C.M punks theme and John Cena. As soon you hear punks theme you jump up. Most people dont pop for cena until he runs out of the curtain having a seizure. Now im not saying that cenas theme isnt good. But here are some of the examples of great music with a great wrestler.

MVP
CM PUNK
Triple-H (Attitude Era)
Kennedy

In some cases, the music makes you pop even harder. Take for instance, Black Sabbath's Iron Man for the Road Warriors. That always got me to my feet and yelling like a fool. When they went to the WWF/E and got that lame-o generic theme, it really dampened my response, even though they were still my faves.

Another one that always got a response from me was Ric Flair's theme "Also Sprach Zarathustra" or better known as the theme for "2001: A Space Odyssey." That lonesome first note always got me to my feet and got me ready for what I knew to be an outstanding match.

Sandman's entrance was practically the entire reason why he was popular, IMO. His entrance would last longer than the entire match some nights, but when he came through the crowd, singapore cane in hand, popping open beers, dragging on the cigarette, and the whole stinking place singing Metallica's entire "Enter Sandman" song, you couldn't help but get psyched up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back