England Or Britain As World Cup Hosts?

The 2018 World Cup?

• England

• Britain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
England are going to apply to hold the World Cup in 2018. I think we'll get it. We've not had the World Cup since 1966, or the Euro Championships since 1996. So I think we're due a shot. We did a great job of it in 1996. I don't remember '66. The point of hooliganism will come up. But that's irrelevant. The Euro's have had trouble, and England weren't even there.

Anyway my question is. Should the tournament be World Cup: England 2018, or World Cup: Britain 2018?

I don't think for a second they'd give four nations a free pass into the tournament. But they would two. So it could be two out of England, Wales, Scotland & N. Ireland (ROI isn't classed as Britain). They could then have a mini tournament to decide who'll get the free passes. The two that don't get through can just go into the regular qualifying campaign.

The likes of Wales will never get into tournaments, it's not harsh, it's a fact. This would give them the oppertunity.

World Cup England.

Hate to say it, but England as the better ground facilities and transport links than any of the other home nations. There is almost an airport in every major footballing city (yes, Leeds Utd is hardly major nowadays, still is close enough to the ferry port in Hull and the airport it shares with Bradford)

Northern Ireland would be lucky to get one or two games at the most as they just dont have the quality stadiums, such as Villa Park, Old Trafford, Manchester Stadium, Elland Road, Wembley, Emirates etcec.

Wales only has 2 stadiums worthy of holding Internationals, Ninian Park and the Millenium stadium.

It wont happen, I wouldn't mind co-hosting with Scotland but i'm pretty sure its just going to be england. I think they might decide to use maybe the Millenium stadium and Ibrox for some of the group games because of there large capcity and to spread venues out a bit because England is quite small if you compare it to other countries that have hosted it. I think Scotland were going to apply for the 2020 euro championships anyway so I dont think they are intrested in been co-hosts for the world cup. The only competition for the world cup is going to be from Russia but I dont think they are ready for it yet and they are more likely to get the euros over the likes of scotland.

It wont happen, I wouldn't mind co-hosting with Scotland but i'm pretty sure its just going to be england. I think they might decide to use maybe the Millenium stadium and Ibrox for some of the group games because of there large capcity and to spread venues out a bit because England is quite small if you compare it to other countries that have hosted it. I think Scotland were going to apply for the 2020 euro championships anyway so I dont think they are intrested in been co-hosts for the world cup. The only competition for the world cup is going to be from Russia but I dont think they are ready for it yet and they are more likely to get the euros over the likes of scotland.

I really doubt Russia could handle a World Cup. Look at the recent Champs League final. It was a farce with tickets, visas etc(and thats only for TWO sets of fans)

By all accounts, Russia still is a dangerous country(im just going by what has been said on the news, the web etc). Plus, with problems like Chechneya, Russia might run the risk of a big terrorist attack. Like Israel will probabaly never have a world cup or euro tournament

I think it would be better for Britain to host it mainly because of a rule that Fifa has that means that only 1 stadium can be used per city. This would limit London to just using Wembley Stadium even though it has other high quality, high capacity stadiums such as the Emirates, Stamford bridge and White Hart lane.
However old trafford and the city of Manchester stadium could both be used because Old Trafford isnt actually in the city of Manchester. Other stadiums which could be used are: The new liverpool one, Villa Park, St James's Park, Stadium of light and Elland Road.
There is also the Millenium Stadium in Wales, Ibrox in Scotland and a couple of large stadiums in Ireland I think! :D

However one problem would be a guy at Fifa, I cant remember his name right now, who said that he would oppose England ever hosting the World Cup.

I have also heard rumours that Fifa supposedly have a few countrie as back-up if South Africa were to fail to prepare for the 2010 world cup in time and that one of the might be England!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back