End of Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozzaholic

Pre-Show Stalwart
With the door closing on the transfer marker were there any signings you didn't see coming? any signings you hoped for?

Dicuss...

Personally I'm both miffed and glad Liverpool got rid of Robbie Keane. Glad because he failed to live up to his price tag and its nice to get soemthing back for him before his value dropped further but at the same time I'm miffed as we now have no replacement. The name David Villa was being bounced about but nothing came of it and I think our only option is to recall Veronin back from Hertha Berlin... when fit he scores goals and could be ok until the end of the season... I think with our squad as it is we don't have the strengh up front to mount a serious title threat this year

Other signings... Chelsea signing Quaresma was a bit of a strange one, I don't rate him to be honest

Man City made no massive signings which is a bit shocking too

Quaresma is a wicked player. Chelsea have done good here because they needed another winger. Keane to Spurs is a bit disappointing because he didnt have much time at liverpool, is he a flop?... i dont think so he just hasnt been given a chance, he scored a few times he played what more does benitez want? ive never been a big fan of Benitez's Transfers but were the hell are Spurs getting all there money from?. so many questions.

Im just glad Delph hasnt gone :D

Has the Andrei Asharvin deal done through?

Not yet... due to the weather the premier league gave an extentsion to the deadline but only for transfers that we affected by the weather (proof and permission was needed). as far as I know Arshavin agreed personal terms, passed a medical but ZSP then held the transfer because they also want half of the players signing on fee. Arsenal are confident of finalising the deal today but personally I don't think he should be allowed to move clubs. The deadline has passed - that should be that

Quaresma picked up the Bidone d'Oro last month in italy (Serie A's worst player). He was good in portugal but I don't think he'll cope in the big time

This season (All Games) Keane has scored 7 Goals in 22 games - that's not good if think Crouch scored more then that at this stage of his debut season and we paid half the amount. On saying that though... This gives Ryan Babel a chance to shine

The deal for Arshavin has finally gone through and I think it is a very good signing as he can give us the creativity we lack in midfield and I feel it shows that we still belong with the other big teams.

The transfer that surprised me was N'Zogbia going to Wigan. I think he is a very talented player and I think Wigan has pulled off a huge coup with him

Wigan had to sign somebody with Placious(SP?) goin. i think Arshavin could very well be the signing that can maybe push Arsenal into a title challenge.

I didnt realise that Keane only scored 7 in 22 i thought he played less. Wernt most of his games sub apperances? you deffo need somebody cos i watched the FA cup game earlier and now Gerrards injured and Torres could be aswell.

I'm surprised that Robbie Keane went to Spurs. I mean, after only 6 months at Liverpool he wasn't even given time to settle in the team. He got subbed pretty much every single time that he played, and was left out of some big games. I can understand that after spending £20.5m on a player with Keane's abilities, you'd expect him to produce at least a little. But to be honest, he has been shocking. Maybe a little too out of his depth at Liverpool, and he can rediscover his form at Spurs, just stamping the fact that he is indeed, only a decent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back