• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Editors of WWE.com Give Predictions On What WWE Will Be Like In 5 Years

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's a little story up on WWE.com in which the editors of the site make various predictions as to what they think will be happening in WWE 5 years down the road. The predictions are:

"John Cena Will Be Raw General Manager."

"Roman Reigns Will Be On A WrestleMania Winning Streak."

"Hideo Itami Will Be Mr. Money In The Bank."

"WWE NXT Will Compete With Raw For Brand Supremacy."

"There Will Be A WWE Network Champion."

"Dean Ambrose Will Be The Longest Reigning WWE World Heavyweight Champion Of Modern Times."

While these "predictions" strike me as something that's being done mostly for fun, they do sound pretty interesting and a few of them seem realistic.

I can easily see John Cena as an on-air authority figure. When his in-ring career winds down, I don't see him just walking away from WWE. He's been more personally invested and given more of himself to the company than any other star in its history, so I'll be extremely surprised if he simply steps away from the business altogether.

It's hard to say what'll happen with Roman Reigns by this time. He's definitely somebody that WWE management is hoping to have help carry the company through the next decade. Reigns going the next 5 WrestleMania event undefeated is a possibility.

I don't see Hideo Itami, AKA KENTA, as Mr. MITB in 2019. At that time, he'll be 38 years old and I just simply don't see WWE putting MITB on someone that age unless he's already made a HUGE splash and had a few title reigns in the years prior to winning the briefcase.

If Vince McMahon is no longer CEO of WWE and Triple H has taken his place, then I can see NXT competing with Raw for "brand supremacy." I think the overall booking of the main roster will be more consistent and stable under Triple H and I could see some sort of "feud" between Raw & NXT. However, if Vince is still around, I don't really see it. Part of me thinks that he'd be a little offended by the notion of WWE's developmental territory "competing" with the main roster or for a lot of fans to get the idea that they might be "better" as it'd reflect badly on him. Doesn't sound all that logical, I know, but logic sometimes goes out the window when faced with the notion of Vince's ego being bruised.

As for a WWE Network Champion, it sounds like a Vince idea to be perfectly honest and I mean that in a bad way. A network exclusive championship just...I dunno, it just seems squirrely to me. WWE already had network exclusive titles in the various NXT championships.

Dean Ambrose as the longest reigning WWE WHC of the modern era isn't out of the realm of possibility. Ambrose is over and I've no doubt he'll be WWE World Heavyweight Champion at some point. With some people comparing his character to an amalgam of Stone Cold, Brian Pillman and CM Punk, maybe Ambrose will be the guy that breaks Punk's record.

What do you think?

Any of these predictions hold any water?

Any predictions of your own?

So, I basically have a problem with the editors of a (and I say this lovingly, not like Mark Madden) fake sport's webpage making predictions, because in 5 years, the IWC smarks will hold them to this, and we'll have to continually shoot down the notions that someone was promised this, or that they are burying someone, or whatever.

Cena as Raw GM is bad TV. I love John Cena, and I love SuperCena, regardless of how stale it is. Dude has pumped out a decade on top, and really, only HHH before him, and Hogan before him, has been able to do it like this. But John Cena's character for 10 years, while he HAS been the face of the company, is not a gimmick that can wear a suit and come out and make matches for Monday Night Raw. Of course, he could go through a gimmick change, and that gimmick could lend more credibility to the idea, but the John Cena of 2002-2014? I don't think so.

Roman Reigns is totally someone they're going to push, and push hard. However, I don't think that the WWE would be disrespectful enough to even INSINUATE that he's going to push towards a "streak". Someone, some day, will beat the streak. That's the nature of pro-wrestling. In 25 years, we will see someone go 22-0 at Wrestlemania probably. But it won't be Roman Reigns.

Hideo Itami might win the MitB 2015, but I doubt he's bumping like necessary in a MitB match in 2019. I full expect that by then he's comfortably in the midcard on PPVs, and maybe IN the match (which I also doubt), but I don't think he's ever going to be a WWEWHC contender if they don't see it in him within the next year.

Brand Supremacy? BORING. Bring back Live Smackdown for 2 hours, Live Raw for 2 hours, and have a lottery and brand split. NXT could be used as a sneak up from no where 3rd group for supremacy then, but otherwise, it's going to always be the minor leagues.

WWE Network Champion is something that I like. Have it defended only on Main Event and have some of the upper midcarders feud over it. Add a "Cash Bonus (kayfabe)" as incentive, since the Network is only about getting subs and getting cash. I think it could work, but they probably wouldn't do it correctly.

Dean Ambrose. Mr. Currently Most Overrated on the roster. He's a GREAT midcarder. He's a poor main eventer. BUT, that doesn't mean that he can't slow down his lunatic part, stop the fake punching, stop the overly choreographed moves, and become a pretty strong contender. But he won't be the longest running.

Now, here are a few predictions that I have:

People will stop being dumb and paying $55 for a SINGLE PPV, and instead they'll do at least a year of the Network, realize the benefit, and stay subbed. The WWE will turn this extra money into more original programming. Tough Enough, maybe Vince can work something out with a small MMA group or something like that, News (Sports News, Wrestling News, etc.) TONS of more documentaries, etc.

Taker, Kane, Rock, HHH, Stephanie, Shane, and Vince are all in the HoF by now, finally closing the chapter on the Attitude Era.

CENA TURNS HEEL! LOL, Nah. Cena is part time, coming back just like Brock right now. Brock is still part time, coming back less.

That's about it. The next five years will probably be status quo.

While I think that Cena will always be a WWE guy I'm not sure that they need a GM position, or that he would be good at it. Don't really know what Cena could do or what he'd be interested in after his career in the ring is over. One thing is for sure though, I just came home from a Live show and the crowd was 95% Cena fans. It was a sea of lime green and orange, and more than 70% of the audience was under the age of 12. So once he retires from ring work, they'd better have someone who takes his place to fill those seats.

The only streak in Wrestlemania history should belong to the Undertaker. Besides Reigns is almost 30 and I can't see him wrestling into his fifties in order to beat it.

I had no idea he was almost forty, he certainly doesn't look it, and with his reputation he doesn't really need to win it. I see the MITB more for wrestlers that they want to make starts. He is already one.

Hopefully this doesn't happen, and hopefully these NXT guys will make the main roster and not compete with trying to outdo it. At the show I was at tonight they had an NXT match with Samy Zayn and Tryson Kidd. Now keep in mind this is Toronto, and they are two Canadians. The crowd went wild for Zayn, and he put on a great show. Both did actually. It was one of the highlights of the night.

Oh that is just stupid. If they are going to give it to anyone, give it to Hogan already, he's the best shiller they have right now.

"Dean Ambrose Will Be The Longest Reigning WWE World Heavyweight Champion Of Modern Times."

I can see this happening and would love it if it does. Ambrose is my favourite wrestler at the moment and tonight he didn't disappoint. He never fails to anyway. They have to get the belt off Lesnar first, and that brings up what will happen when Reigns and Bryan come back. Does that mean they aren't in line for a title anymore? This should be interesting to say the least.

Few months ago, the predictions were Big E, Cesaro, Summer Rae and Roman would have a breakout year (2014). So yeah I won't give much weight to it.

There's a little story up on WWE.com in which the editors of the site make various predictions as to what they think will be happening in WWE 5 years down the road. The predictions are:

While these "predictions" strike me as something that's being done mostly for fun, they do sound pretty interesting and a few of them seem realistic.

I can easily see John Cena as an on-air authority figure. When his in-ring career winds down, I don't see him just walking away from WWE. He's been more personally invested and given more of himself to the company than any other star in its history, so I'll be extremely surprised if he simply steps away from the business altogether.

It's hard to say what'll happen with Roman Reigns by this time. He's definitely somebody that WWE management is hoping to have help carry the company through the next decade. Reigns going the next 5 WrestleMania event undefeated is a possibility.

I don't see Hideo Itami, AKA KENTA, as Mr. MITB in 2019. At that time, he'll be 38 years old and I just simply don't see WWE putting MITB on someone that age unless he's already made a HUGE splash and had a few title reigns in the years prior to winning the briefcase.

If Vince McMahon is no longer CEO of WWE and Triple H has taken his place, then I can see NXT competing with Raw for "brand supremacy." I think the overall booking of the main roster will be more consistent and stable under Triple H and I could see some sort of "feud" between Raw & NXT. However, if Vince is still around, I don't really see it. Part of me thinks that he'd be a little offended by the notion of WWE's developmental territory "competing" with the main roster or for a lot of fans to get the idea that they might be "better" as it'd reflect badly on him. Doesn't sound all that logical, I know, but logic sometimes goes out the window when faced with the notion of Vince's ego being bruised.

As for a WWE Network Champion, it sounds like a Vince idea to be perfectly honest and I mean that in a bad way. A network exclusive championship just...I dunno, it just seems squirrely to me. WWE already had network exclusive titles in the various NXT championships.

Dean Ambrose as the longest reigning WWE WHC of the modern era isn't out of the realm of possibility. Ambrose is over and I've no doubt he'll be WWE World Heavyweight Champion at some point. With some people comparing his character to an amalgam of Stone Cold, Brian Pillman and CM Punk, maybe Ambrose will be the guy that breaks Punk's record.

What do you think?

Any of these predictions hold any water?

Any predictions of your own?

All of them will be pretty far off base except perhaps the Ambrose one.

It is far more likely that NXT is rebranded as WCW than it grows to the level where it can compete. There is a growing use of the WCW IP and it seems logical that IF what is currently NXT was to grow it would need to be as a seperate company and entity, the NXT brand wouldn't work for that but resurrecting WCW would... it's own TV, own rosters, own finances... in 5 years, Vince could be desperate enough to go for it.

The Network won't exist in a form that would allow for a champion. The problems they are facing right now with UK and Canada prove the idea itself is a bust because Vince keeps changing his mind. It won't last any longer than the XFL, WBF or his other failed ventures... It is more likely a TV title is brought in/back.

Itami will be higher than MITB in 5 years, if he's gonna "hit the big time" it'll be soon after his debut. A slow build for him won't work, he'd have to come in and stun someone for the title. Maybe even Brock but that honor is looking more and more like it will go to Ambrose.

Much is being made of if he is overrated, but WWE has done in reality some GREAT sleight of hand with him here... For the first year of the Shield, Ambrose WAS the leader, he was the most pushed and when he debuted the one who was a "Must Get Over", Reigns was the guy they'd like to and Rollins the one who was a bonus if they could... they've pushed all 3 guys since the split but the talk of Reigns and the apparent horror of many at that push happening so quickly has made his injury the luckiest break he could get.

Ambrose is winning ratings now... the fans like him cos he is the closest they're ever gonna get to Austin in terms of presentation, mox(le)y and "chaos" of the Attitude era, and what better way to kick start it than by usurping the "push" the WWE Brass wanted to give to Regins and Rollins a head of him? I am not sure WWE are that smart, but if they are it's been brilliant reverse psychology on their part... want Ambrose all along, force Reigns on us, Ambrose gets over more...

If he gets the belt, he probably will hold it for a significant time rather than lots of reigns, after all he is already the 4th longest reigning US champ... would he beat Punk's record? Who knows, but if that guy was ever gonna return, what better reason would there be than to prevent it and in 2 years time... that would be MONEY!

Cena as GM... nah... can't see it, if anyone takes that kind of role it is gonna be Taker... or rather Mark Callaway or Steve Borden. I can see either, as himself being the "President" in the way Monsoon used to be... not an active, weekly participant but they show up for the big calls and are not scared of upsetting the faces or the heels... the "heel" authority figure has been done to death and actually hurts the show... they can't go with a benign figure or JR would be doing it... but someone like a degimmicked Sting or Taker would immediately have the respect needed to make it work, much like when Monsoon took the role.. It worked cos he WAS the most respected guy in the company, not just the latest "plant" to take a role...if Taker did that role, it would lend a massive credibility boost. Cena would never get that, it'd be like Hogan doing it, too much about ego...

All of them will be pretty far off base except perhaps the Ambrose one.

It is far more likely that NXT is rebranded as WCW than it grows to the level where it can compete. There is a growing use of the WCW IP and it seems logical that IF what is currently NXT was to grow it would need to be as a seperate company and entity, the NXT brand wouldn't work for that but resurrecting WCW would... it's own TV, own rosters, own finances... in 5 years, Vince could be desperate enough to go for it.

The Network won't exist in a form that would allow for a champion. The problems they are facing right now with UK and Canada prove the idea itself is a bust because Vince keeps changing his mind. It won't last any longer than the XFL, WBF or his other failed ventures... It is more likely a TV title is brought in/back.

Oh I totally agree with your statements about Ambrose, he is clearly a fan favourite and can back it up in the ring and on the mic.

What they should do with NXT and this is just an idea. Get rid of Smackdown as it stands, and just rebrand that show. SD has become just a rehash of RAW each week anyway, and nothing of substance really happens on it. They have more than enough people on the roster to fill a 3 hour RAW, and we wouldn't need to see Cena, Reigns, Orton or the rest each week. They could rotate them around, giving them a much needed break also. It wouldn't kill any momentum if you didn't see Ambrose/Rollins for a week, they could replace it with Bryan/Orton, and have Ambrose/Rollins the following week. And each show could appear on the monthly PPV's, not as a crossover but featuring storylines from each one. It just might generate some interest back into Smackdown.

And I disagree about the network still being around. It's been a success to those that can get it here in Canada, and I know that the UK has waited patiently for it as well. With every new venture you have to put in money and most times take a loss. But using the XFL isn't a good comparison because that was going up against the NFL. No new football organization is going to be able to beat them. The network really has no competition. Once it's rolled out worldwide and people get on board, they will make their money back. it might take awhile, but once it's implemented, what comes in is bonus.

In 5 years WWE can totally be in a new war/competition, this time with NJPW and maybe something else (like PWG or ROH): with the help of Jarrett's new promotion, Bullet Club and Japanese talents in general should appear on american & worldwide TV quite often, and wrestling fans will begin to pay more attention toward them. iPPV scheme in 5 years from now will make a jump in quality and will be easily accesable nearly everywhere, giving an option to watch. And if NJPW will sign Jim Ross, he can explain storylines and add eyes and ears to New Japan.
WWE on the other side will sure open Network in Japan by this time, and so 2 big promotions will start to share their markets.
Current TV channels position toward WWE and it's Network can also cost Vince's product some air time and slowly dying ratings can cost them monday night timeslot.

I totally agree that the WWE needs some competition, and I mean stiff competition. TNA could have done it but I have no idea what happened there. They had the people, a TV contract and funding and they couldn't make it work. Crappy management was what let them down I believe.

New Japan could make inroads into the North American market, but the WWE is huge here and it would take some time for them to get established. I know friends of mine watch it all the time and they prefer it to the WWE, but even JR would be hard pressed to make sense of some of it.

Oh and is Jeff Jarrett's company still around? I saw the announcement that he made, but haven't heard much since. Well other than the fact that Kurt Angle might go there, and have they even had their first PPV yet? I don't even know what their roster looks like.

EDIT: I just Google d their roster and under the title Roster, it was blank. Not a good sign at all.

I see cena as a part timer and maybe cody Rhodes or Finn balor as me mitb but nxt shouldn't be a raw type brand! I think smackdown should!!! I think that wwe need a muscular corporate look guy to be longest champ and maybe one of the wyatts as a streak holder!!!

Jarrett's company, as i understand is like old type NWA, but instead of regional promotions, it use worldwide promotions. Worldwide Wrestling Alliance if you will.
Jarrett already made a deal with NJPW and japanese talents will appear in his company, first show will be january 4th i think.
I see Jarrett's company as a bridge to USA for japanese and other international talents, nothing more.

This is actually an interesting booking choice. Usually predictions are made for things on short term basis or within a 1 year time span so predicting 5 years down the line is just impossible. But to go with some predictions which I think are possible or that at least I believe should occurr it would be something like;

The Big Show is the Raw/SD! General Manager

Seth Rollins will have turned into the #2 babyface

Roman Reigns will be undefeated at WM

Dean Ambrose will be the #1 Heel

HHH/Stephanie will be backstage personal only and just occasionally appear on Raw.

Cena will be the big WM return guy (like HHH, Undertaker)

Daniel Bryan will be the biggest face

Kenta will most likely be made a joke of since he's Japanese (just based on past experiences)

Randy Orton will have retired and maybe do a single return match at WM.

Kevin Steen will be the next rising star

Sami Zayn and Adrienne Nievel will be the equivalent of Dolph Ziggler & The Miz as the guys who are the main Mid Card

Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, & Jeff Hardy will all be on the WWE roster.

The Big Show is the Raw/SD! General Manager

Seth Rollins will have turned into the #2 babyface

Roman Reigns will be undefeated at WM

Dean Ambrose will be the #1 Heel

HHH/Stephanie will be backstage personal only and just occasionally appear on Raw.

Cena will be the big WM return guy (like HHH, Undertaker)

Daniel Bryan will be the biggest face

Kenta will most likely be made a joke of since he's Japanese (just based on past experiences)

Randy Orton will have retired and maybe do a single return match at WM.

Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, & Jeff Hardy will all be on the WWE roster.

I don't quite get this...you have Orton at 40 retiring? Yet Bryan will be the biggest face at 38ish? You have a 42 year old Jeff Hardy on the roster? He's taken way more bad bumps than Orton, so my point is...why do you have Orton retired? Their must be some reason :p

fyi this isn't a douche question, I'm just genuinely curious

Here's my predictions for what might go down in 2020:

1) John Cena will be a part timer and a 20 time world champion.
2) Dean Ambrose will be the greatest heel in the company.
3) CM Punk will have returned to a part time status, only wrestling 6 events a year.
4) Rollins and Reigns will be the top two babyfaces in the company.
5) WWE will have a "boom'
6) Randy Orton will be a 18 time world champion, and have a match with Stonecold Steve Austin and win.
7) Kurt Angle will have defeated Triple H, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Cesaro in various feuds.
8) Bryan, Ambrose, Cesaro, Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler, Barrett, and Sheamus will all be multi time world champions (3-8 reigns each)
9) Daniel Bryan will turn heel.
10) Wrestlemania will be held in Russia, China, Vietnam, or any other communist country.

I saw this article on Facebook about a week back and it intrigued me enough to click on the link. I was pleasantly surprised at what I read. If you take out the notion that it is nearly impossible to predict anything the WWE might be doing five years from now, the article writer does have some valid expectations that are very well possible.

While giving John Cena a completely new role might actually give his character the freshening up we all so desperately desire, I don't see this happening for at least anther ten to fifteen years. Like it or not, Cena is still going strong today. Minor injuries aside, Cena could probably be the top guy another ten years and still retire healthy. Rather it's full time or part time, if Cena is willing, he will not retire from active duty anytime soon.

"Roman Reigns Will Be On A WrestleMania Winning Streak.
Trying to redo Undertaker's streak is going to take a lot of dedication. Not only will WWE have to stay behind Reigns and continue to push him as a top tier talent, but Reigns will have to be in it for the long haul. It's not impossible to win at five straight WrestleManias, I just don't see Reigns going all that time without the writers wanting to book someone over him at the biggest show of the year, especially if he's a top talent.

Too many have already said KENTA is doomed to fail in the WWE. While I tend to agree, there's a small chance Itami will see moderate success in the WWE. Triple H and the WWE higher ups have something to prove with Itami and I can always see a push that will lend Hideo Itami in the Money in the Bank spotlight.

Aren't they already? Completely replace NXT with Raw on Monday nights and I'm betting they do better ratings. Given that all the talent in NXT right now will likely be called up to the main roster by then, I highly doubt this will happen. Especially if Raw is consisting of Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Kevin Steen, Prince Devitt and Enzo Amore, by then.

Does this mean they're thinking about it? They totally should. Drop either the United States or Intercontinental Championship and replace it with what would be the television title in either early WCW or ECW. Have it defended regularly on either Main Event or Superstars without it becoming a low card title and i'm down. I can see this happening.

WWE Champion? With out a fucking doubt. Longest reigning WWE Champion in modern times? Highly highly doubtful. Given that CM Punk's WWE Championship reign lasted a whopping 434 days, the WWE will have to put a lot of trust into Ambrose as a top guy for him to last longer than Punk did as Champion. But who knows, in 2019, Ambrose could very well be on Austin's level of popularity and we could very well see another wrestling boom.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the WWE, but I know for a fact that in five years time, we will at the very LEAST be calling Adam Cole a future breakout star. The guy is just too good NOT to be in WWE. I'm going to assume that the reason he's not there now is due to either contract reasons or WWE doesn't think he's mature enough. Either way, that will come to not matter sometime in the future. Whether he'll just be signing or if he'll already be hitting the mid-card is unsure, but I do know people will get behind him once he gets there... I'm behind him now.

Who knows, maybe they'll have him be Michael Cole's son or nephew to help get him over (or heat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back