ECW Round 3, Match 1: The Thrillseekers vs. the Freebirds

The Thrillseekers vs. The Fabulous Freebirds

• Thrillseekers

• Freebirds

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following match takes place in an ECW Ring under Extreme Rules

The Thrillseekers (Chris Jericho and Lance Storm)
thrillseekers11899.jpg

vs.

The Fabulous Freebirds (Your Choice)
TheFabulousFreebirds001.jpg

The Freebirds have barely managed to make it this far on the backs of the fact that their competition has been such shit. The Freebirds aren't terribly impressive - Michael Hayes had considerably more success in the early days of The Hardy Boyz than he did with the Freebirds. Look at the pictures Shocky posted - the differences in conditioning are ridiculous!

The Thrillseekers were a terrific incarnation of a fantastic tag team that existed mainly in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, as well as Stampede Wrestling in Calgary. Storm and Jericho had considerable success as a regional team before breaking through in ECW and beyond.

Thrillseekers win this one easily.

The only thing I will disagree with you on this Irish, is that the Freebird rule is in effect. Essentially, it's ECW, and that means mass carnage ensues. I'm not a Freebird fan by any means, but I'm really surprised that no one has brought this up, the 3 Freebirds can be in the ring at once in this thing, because there are no rules in ECW. As messed up as that is, it's a legit concern, especially against a very green team in the Thrillseekers in this match.

I'll take the Thrillseekers. If there's ever been a team that doesn't seem to fit in ECW, its the Freebirds. They're old school through and through to me. The Thrillseekers, aside from having a great name, are ECW alumnus. Storm and Jericho are just fun to watch in their old days. Despite a lack of charisma, Storm could flat out go in the ring. Jericho needs no explanation. I'll take the Thrillseekers here just based on their style suiting ECW more.

I'm going against my better judgment and voting for the Freebirds. It maybe simply because I haven't seen enough of the Thrillseekers to make a great opinon of them. I know them by name, and from a few matches I vaguely remember watching on an antenna television at 2 in the morning on tuesdays. I despise the Freebirds, but I think the stipulation I pointed to earlier makes this a tough match for the Thrillseekers. The Freebirds are dirty heels, and will more then likely use the Extreme rules of ECW to their advantage.

I don't think anyone has brought it up, because really no-one wants the Freebirds to go far. Dirty heels or not Shocky... Thrillseekers are an ECW alumni team which gives them a home field advantage, as well as more willingness to use weapons.

Freebirds can use the rule to their advantage if they so choose, I'm sure all Jericho could find someone in the back to even up the score. Maybe someone of African American descent just for Hayes

I don't think anyone has brought it up, because really no-one wants the Freebirds to go far. Dirty heels or not Shocky... Thrillseekers are an ECW alumni team which gives them a home field advantage, as well as more willingness to use weapons.

Freebirds can use the rule to their advantage if they so choose, I'm sure all Jericho could find someone in the back to even up the score. Maybe someone of African American descent just for Hayes

Yeah I brought that up. As far as weapons use goes, anyone, face or heel, can swing a chair. Also, there's Justin Credible and Jason for Storm, and I'm sure Jericho had an ally or two as Polley said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back