ECW Region, London Area, First Round: (9) Vader vs. (24) Gory Guerrero

Who Wins This Match?

• Vader

• Gory Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, London Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules. It will be held at The O2, Greenwich, London, England.

url

url

#9. Vader

Vs.

url

#24. Gory Guerrero

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

In his prime, Vader was an absolute beast that mowed down everybody. I can't pretend that I know a whole lot about Gory Guerrero but I have a distinct feeling that he never went up against anyone like the guy Vader was in the late 80s to around the mid 90s. Vader is among the last great superheavyweights in American wrestling history.

Gory Guerrero is the patricarch of the Guerrero family in wrestling but I don't see much of his offense working on Vader. I don't see him putting Vader in the Camel Clutch, which I think Gory is credited with inventing, or the Gory Special, a backbreaker type of move if I remember correctly.

Vader is simply too big, too strong and too dominant. He wins this without a whole lot of fuss.

Vader had a rare breed of agility, strength, and size. The guy was simply a total animal the likes of which Gory has never faced before. Most of his Lucha Libre style offense would be stifled by the sheer size and power Vader possesses. I'm sure IC could go into greater detail than I can, but why should he? Vader steamrolls Gory and moves on to bigger and better things.

In his prime, Vader was an absolute beast that mowed down everybody. I can't pretend that I know a whole lot about Gory Guerrero but I have a distinct feeling that he never went up against anyone like the guy Vader was in the late 80s to around the mid 90s. Vader is among the last great superheavyweights in American wrestling history.

Gory Guerrero is the patricarch of the Guerrero family in wrestling but I don't see much of his offense working on Vader. I don't see him putting Vader in the Camel Clutch, which I think Gory is credited with inventing, or the Gory Special, a backbreaker type of move if I remember correctly.

Vader is simply too big, too strong and too dominant. He wins this without a whole lot of fuss.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Vader was successful everywhere he went except WWF. He was such a dominant force and he was capable of beating absolutely anybody when he was at his best. He's comfortable in the international region as he's won titles on five different continents (unless that was a made up gimmick).

Vader is one of the most dominant big men ever in wrestling, and Gory Guerrero wouldn't be able to cope with him. As Jackhammer said, there is no chance Guerrero could lock in the Gory Stretch on Vader, he is far to big and heavy.

Vader was something special in his prime and I see him destroying Gory within a few minutes and having his hand raised without breaking too much of a sweat.

Winner: Vader

I think Vader in a much closer match then everyone is saying. Gory was an Innovator and I think he would have worked a way around the big man, but would eventually succumb to the power. He would go for attrition but it wouldn't quite work out.

Can someone tell me what time it is? Oh wait, its Vader Time!

Both guys are terrific at what they do. Gory is the patriarch of the Guerrero family, one of the most famous families in wrestling. He was a technical wizard. Vader however is an entirely different beast. He moved with the speed and agility of someone half his size but still had the power that made him the Mastodon. Its sad that towards the end of his North American career, particularly his WWE run, he was more of a joke but it doesn't take away from his career and he takes this after a solid 15 minute match.

Vader was all sorts of awesomeness. Vince's failure to make Vader a huge star in WWFE was one of his biggest screwups in the 90s. Vader would have put the entire promotion on his back and ran with it.

2118797-shirts_we_sold_vader_time.jpg

Vader by domination. Gory Guerrero deserved better.

Vader got SOOOO much more of a push than Gory did...
Which is why my vote goes to Gory, a man who deserved SO MUCH MORE.
ECW Region would prove to be beneficial for a Guerrero as well.
Plus, I am from El Paso, TX. Come on.
Vote Gory Guerrero. Close, but I need to vote underdog once.

Gory was popular, there's no doubting that, and he certainly has influenced much, even if you only consider direct descendants, but I do think that he has benefited slightly from reverse nepotism, whereby an old wrestler's achievements are vastly overstated because their descendants have achieved a lot. He's not in the same league as Bob Orton or Peter Maivia, but there's a hint of it.

Vader, overrated by WZ, but still very good would be able to overcome him, by virtue of nullifying most of his arsenal and being one of the most unique wrestlers in history. It's a shame Gory's going home early, but I think it's fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back