ECW Region, London Area, First Round: (16) Scott Hall vs. (17) Dynamite Kid

Discussion in 'ECW Region' started by Tastycles, Apr 18, 2012.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Scott Hall

2. Dynamite Kid

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

This is a first round match in the ECW Region, London Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules. It will be held at The O2, Greenwich, London, England.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#16. Scott Hall

Vs.

[​IMG]

#17. Dynamite Kid

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. IHW

IHW WZCW's Brent Blaze

Scott Hall, despite all his common day problems, was absolutely great in his prime. As was Dynamite Kid. I am a bit lost on who would win this bout, but I am leaning toward Hall because of his interesting style.

3. Johnny Scumm

Johnny Scumm InZayn In The Membrane

Dynamite Kid may now reside in a wheelchair, but the man was above Scott Hall in his prime. Having read both his & Bret Hart's book, its easy to see that Dynamite was tough enough to take Hall down at any time. Hall was impressive, but looking towards both mens futures being pretty awful, the past must be the judge here. Dynamite's got it for me. Plus, he's British. I'm slightly, just a little bit, biased.

4. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

Dynamite Kid all the way. Scott Hall just isn't as good as people make him out to be, it's pretty simple. Hall had a nice stretch as Intercontinental Champion in the WWF, but his career was pretty lackluster if you look at it. Don't get me wrong, he was a founding member of the nWo and he'll always have a place in wrestling history because of it, but he was nothing but a background player -- he just wasn't as important as people make him seem. Other than his great ladder matches with Shawn Michaels, and a few other matches with the likes of Nash and 1-2-3 Kid, can you actually remember any good matches Scott Hall had? No, because Scott Hall wasn't that great of an in-ring performer. Without someone who could truly make the match something to remember, Hall was forgettable. He played his gimmick well, and was a good talker, but that won't be winning him any matches.

Dynamite Kid, on the other hand, was a fine in-ring performer, who made an impact all across the world in WWF, Stampede, NJPW, AJPW, and countless other smaller promotions. Dynamite Kid's prowess in the ring is undeniable, especially when someone of Bret Hart's stature calls him "pound-for-pound, the greatest wrestler who ever lived." That's no small feat, considering the list of opponents Bret Hart has faced, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret Hart, and more. To put it simply: Dynamite Kid could wrestle with the best of them, and he would absolutely outclass Scott Hall.

Dynamite Kid's list of accolades, while nothing too over the top, is impressive as well. The man is a WON Hall of Famer, and is ranked 41st out of 500 in PWI's all-time ranking, compared to Scott Hall being slotted in at 72. Kid was a champion all over the world, putting together matches of the year and receiving awards calling him the best technical wrestler in the world, most underrated wrestler in the world, etc. Through all of this, Dynamite Kid destroyed his body, ending his career prematurely -- well, cutting his prime years short -- leaving him in a wheelchair. As such, most fan's might not know what a talented performer he was, but it just wouldn't be right to vote for Scott Hall over Dynamite Kid. Scott Hall was carried through his career by his pals and he is facing a clearly better wrestler here -- Hall has no business winning this match-up.

Vote Dynamite Kid.

LSN80 and Ming like this.
  5. Natural Selection

Natural Selection InfoWarrior

Its hard for me to go against Scott Hall in his prime. If for no other reason then the NWO. I mean those guys ended the most interesting undefeated streak(Excluding Undertakers Mania streak. Two different kinds of streaks) simply because they had the power and they wanted to. So its hard for me to see Hall going down to Dynamite Kid in the first round of a tournament of this magnitude. I don't see him doing it clean, but Hall steals this one.

6. Davi323

Davi323 semi-retired from WZ

In their absolute primes, the Dynamite Kid was flat out a better wrestler than Scott Hall. Before he got injured, the Dynamite Kid was a flat better version of Chris Benoit, which should be no surprise, as Benoit based his entire style around the Dynamite Kid. If it were Benoit vs. Hall, I would have chosen Benoit as being the superior wrestler. So, I kind of have to vote for the Dynamite Kid here. If Benoit > Hall, then Dynamite Kid >> Hall. Dynamite Kid would have taken Scott Hall to school. Especially since this is the International region not WCW, so Hall doesn't have any creative control, no nWo to lean on.

7. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Dynamite Kid was a specimen back in his day and in terms of overall in-ring ability could wrestle circles around Scott Hall.

While Hall wasn't spectacular in the ring, I usually did enjoy his matches and he struck me as overall solid in the ring.

If it comes down to accomplishments & accolades, Dynamite Kid most certainly falls short. Hall was a mid-card & tag team mainstay in wrestling his entire career. Most of his runs as IC champ in WWE were memorable and resulted in great feuds & matches, especially with Shawn Michaels. Hall was also the first 4 time Intercontinental Champion as Razor Ramon. He was one of the original members of the nWo, one of the biggest angles in pro wrestling history. Along with Hogan & Nash, Hall dominated WCW for about half a decade, including multiple runs with Nash as tag champs.

I'm voting for Hall mostly because I just flat out enjoyed him more overall. Scott Hall was a legit star, he was part of some huge feuds & memorable matches and some of the biggest angles of all time. Not gonna bust anybody's chops if they vote for Dynamite but I just see a guy who was a huge star against someone who never really was.

8. The_Gene_Genie

The_Gene_Genie Occasional Pre-Show

Scott Hall has been a thoroughly entertaining performer over the years, but Dynamite Kid gets my vote. Despite his reputation as a bully, he was legitimitely tough, technically superior than most, was no slouch in the ring and was certainly as intense a performer and personality as they come. He could mix it up too; he could go toe to toe with his opponent, take it to the mat, to the top rope and hurt his opponent from any angle.

9. Johnny Scumm

Johnny Scumm InZayn In The Membrane

Something I've forgotten from my last post. This is in England. It's not exactly home in London, but it's good enough. Dynamite Kid, if you didn't realise, is British. There's is NO WAY Dynamite is going down in his own Country. Hall just faces all these different things that stops him from winning this, Dynamite's pure skill and now... the Home advantage.

Remember all of this and if you think I'm not a credible enough poster to listen to, look up at Crock's post, he says it all, just ten times better than I.

Diet Soda likes this.
  10. Natural Selection

Natural Selection InfoWarrior

Without the NWO plus the home field advantage there in fact may be no realistic way Hall wins this. Unless it turns into a war of words. I'm torn though because Hall always entertained me in his prime, albeit never after that. Dynamite Kid was a hell of in a ring performer on the Benoit level with a different kind of tragic ending and Scott Hall is on the Shane Douglas level as far as being a complete piece of shit. I'm trying to find an argument for Hall, but its not coming easy. The more I think and type the more I find myself saying "How in the fuck would Hall actually beat the Dynamite Kid?"

11. Con T.

Con T. Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy

You know, sometimes there are moments when you sum up your position in a way you can't duplicate, that you realize you could use it again, and be satisfied with your answer. Here's a portion of a post of mine earlier, explaining why I could not vote Curt Hennig over JBL

Here, if you add that "and has good offense against lightweights", you would sum up my exact opinion of why Scott Hall goes over Dynamite Kid. Maybe if Kid drew money, you could sway me to believing Kid should go over Scott, because Scott was not an exceptional worker. But Scott Hall was the catalyst for one of the most successful angles in the history of wrestling. Hall made that angle what it was, and was one of the main reasons the NWO was so hot. It's not like the guy had nothing to him; man cuts a great promo, and could work a solid to very good match. Dynamite Kid was great in the ring, but his lack of... Well, anything else, makes me believe that Hall is a better wrestler. In this match, Kid gets some offense, and then sells like a madman, before succumbing to the Outsider's Edge

Voting for Razor, chico

12. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

I'm not sure here but I'm leaning towards Dynamite. I'd like to see this match though as Dynamite was the Benoit of his day even down to the moveset. I remember Benoit and Hall having some good matches, so the in ring stuff would be good. As for a winner....it's in London so I'll go with Dynamite as the hometown upset, but just like the seeding suggests, it's not a huge one at all.

13. The Brain

The Brain King Of The Ring

Tough match here. I'd say these guys are on about the same level. Dynamite has the advantage in speed and agility and his offense is more explosive. If hall can catch him he could throw Dynamite around with some of his signature moves. This one is really close for me. For now I'll use the region to decide the close match and give it to Dynamite but my mind could be changed.

14. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

Crock absolutely nailed it with his post.

Dynamite Kid was a much better wrestler than Scott Hall. If Bret Hart calls you the best pound for pound who ever lived, then you have something special.

Scott Hall was damm cool, and extremely entertaining, but his strength was his charisma and style not his actual in-ring work. As others have pointed out, Hall didn't have that many great matches. Unlike Dynamite, who could put on a show stealer with anyone and was as intense as they come.

Plus, this is LONDON BABY. Home field advantage for the Englishman, and he would maange to get the win on the much bigger man here.

Winner: Dynamite Kid

The Crock likes this.
  15. Whopperle

Whopperle Yes!

Well since this match takes place in London, I would book Dynamite to win it. The Crowd deserves a feel good moment.

16. Big Nick Dudley

Scott would go in the heavy favorite, seeing most people aren't all that familiar with Dynamite, but it would be a battle. This is the kind of match where Dynamite would take a legitimate singles star to the limit... and lose.

I love Dynamite, almost as much as I do Scott Hall. But Scott Hall, in singles action, was able to beat guys better than Dynamite. Was Dynamite more talented between the ropes? I'd say so. Then again, I don't think Hall gets enough credit for how good he actually was in the ring.

This would probably be one of the three or four best first round matches, but I just can't see Dynamite putting Hall away. I don't see it. Dynamite, while talented enough to do so, never accomplished enough in singles action to make me believe otherwise. I see a grueling, epic brawl, and a Razor's Edge ending it, probably around 20 minutes.

17. Loveless

Loveless A Life In Monochrome

Ok this is relatively simply, it goes

Dynamite is bigger, strong, faster and all round better than Benoit
    Benoit is better than Hall
    Therefore Dynamite is better than Hall

And if you need any further convincing, this is in England. There's no way in hell Hall is winning this.

18. Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly

A really good one.
    But I believe Scott Hall will win, provided he can participate due to his absence from rehab.
    But seriously, Hall was very agile for his size. Dynamite was good, But Razor Ramon was great.
    Hall moves on with the Outsider's Edge.

19. dakikko049

dakikko049 Pre-Show Stalwart

I say Dynamite Kid could use his home advantage and pull this one out of the bag

20. Peoples_Champ

Peoples_Champ Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...

ECW match. In England. The discussion needs to stop right there.

Dynamite is in his hometown facing a drunk in a town known for having pubs everywhere. I know everyone here has seen Razor Ramon / Scott Hall, but go on Youtube and watch Dynamite Kid in action. He was amazing.

If this match were Chris Benoit v. Scott Hall, majority number of people would be hands down in favour of Benoit. But the "original" Benoit, somehow he doesn't get the same kind of support? Bullshit.

Dynamite by pinfall, diving headbutt, from his wheelchair, from the top of a balcony section in the O2 Arena, onto a drunken Scott Hall, lying on a flaming table covered with thumbtacks.

21. pumpkinking8987

pumpkinking8987 PuMPKiNKiNG

Dead on the money, This is a barn burner for sure. Its in London and under ECW rules. Those brits can straight out brawl, so THE KID wins my vote.

22. Con T.

Con T. Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy

Who the hell said that here?

Ok first for the shits n giggles, I would actually pick Scott Hall in a match against Benoit. That's just me, brother; as great as he was in the ring, Benoit just lacked everywhere else. The same is true of Dynamite Kid. He was a fantastic worker, but nothing more than that, honestly.

Let me ask you a question; is there a moment in his entire career that you can say, "wow, that man is a star"? Can you give me even one? How about some great promo that he cut, that made you want to pay money to watch him? For as great as Kid was in the ring, he lacked everywhere else. Fuck, everyone brings up how much Bret Hart praised Kid's in ring work. He also talked about a scale, in which he gauged how big of a star a wrestler is, based on wrestling ability, promo, and look. It was a scoring system from 1-10, and you know what he ranked him as a promo?

He ranked him a 2. Two out of ten. This is Bret Hart, who few will say cuts the best promo in the world. And I feel he was bein generous giving him that much. I hate to repeat myself again, but it's like I said earlier in this match; great seller who could make his opponents look great.

In wrestling circles, that will get you far. Here, you lose to the bigger star

23. Loveless

How would you rate Benoits mic work? Because...

[​IMG]

Oh look, Heavyweight champion.
    The only reason 1 is successful and 1 is not is because someone (Vince) chose it to be that way. And Dynamite was an ass. History is littered with talented people who could have been great champions but weren't offered the support, as much as it's filled with people who were undeservingly pushed to levels beyond them.

24. Ming

Ming Es exspectata.

Dynamite Kid should win this.

Not only is he a better wrestler but he's at home where he's sure to gather tremendous support to pull off a victory. Some of you would probably label it an upset. It affected Smith in his match with Hart in Summerslam '92 and it'd affect Kid in this match although I think Kid would win this match no matter where the location. Hall was never anything above average and has always been a bit overrated.

25. Loveless

Watch the fucking video
    [YOUTUBE]4xRYi8sxJ2Q[/YOUTUBE]
    As far as in-ring skill, this guy might be the best I've ever seen. The speed is phenomenal and the kip up at 2:02 is something I've never seen before.

Oh and just for the question of titles, the guy won plenty, just not in the WWF.

"pound-for-pound, the greatest wrestler who ever lived".
    Bret Hart on Dynamite Kid

"I'd go 'Wow, that guy's awesome.' ... Dynamite, just because he was the original, was the best."
    Owen Hart

"After the first time I ever went to a professional wrestling match, not only did I know I wanted to be a wrestler, I knew I wanted to be the Dynamite Kid. No other wrestler compares to him, or the impression he left on me."
    Chris Benoit

"I ended up training in Calgary with the Hart's because I wanted to work like Dynamite did. I was such a fan of the Stampede/Japanese wrestling style and I've tried to wrestle my career in the same vein. There is no one in the history of this business who wrestled as crisp, as mean, or as intense as Dynamite did."
    Chris Jericho

"It was both a pleasure and an honor to be in the ring with one of the best this sport has ever seen."
    Dean Malenko

"Dynamite Kid was a helluva in ring hand and WAY ahead of his time and arguably one of the best in ring performers of any era"
    Jim Ross

There's also a similar quote by Harley Race but I can't find it.