• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW becoming good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentalsynapse

Someone please make Cena go away...
Ok, ok, before you all scream bloody murder at me and what not let me explain. ECW will never be like the ECW of old, but I dont think that its as bad as people think it is. They are starting to write better stories for it and the matches are good aswell. Many fans have to try to keep the good memories of the old stuff and look at it as a WWE product and to stop comparing it to the ECW of the past.
When they first started it it was absolute shit, they had no story and no body really cared, especially after they got rid of Heyman. But recently I've quite enjoyed the last few episodes. The matches are good, and the ECW Originals v New Breed is a good storyline. I liked the cage match (a bit too short) and the ending. I think that the main problem that they have is that its not long enough.
One hour isn't long enough to develope good stories and rivalries. It would be better if they had another hour to play with, to help establish more wrestlers and better stories.
They also need another championship to make the mid-carders strive for something. Hardcore Title would suffice, just for them to have something to do because when the ECW Originals/New Breed rivalry runs out there will be wrestlers that will just be doing nothing as it looks like Lashley isn't going to drop the belt anytime soon.
I like ECW and I can see its potential and after a while it will get better, but we just have to wade through the crap first...

i believe ECW has a chance of becoming somthin..its still in its production stages..i mean when you have 2 huge brands like smackdown and raw and raw being the A brand its extremely hard to live up to the expectations of them both...just like TNA.. ECW is a brand in its production stage...it is still to early to say it sucks and should be cleaned off...i have to admit i liked the ending of the umaga lashely match...the problem is everyone is comparing the old ecw to the new...they have reason to because ECW stands for extreme championship wrestling and this new ecw does not portray that...as a 3rd brand like raw and smackdown it has a possiblity.. that is the direction they are taking it now and id like to c what the future holds for ecw...it has potential...theres to much dirt on the surface thought to c the light just yet

The Improvement of WWECW is going to be slow and it is starting to get better, This is because they have Dusty Rhodes in the Creative for WWECW, he was improving the quality of Smackdown so they moved him to WWECW to get that show improved as well.

They Need A Tv Title... It Would Help Ecw So Much. A Good Feud Could Be Written Over It With Cm Punk And Someone Like Elijah Burke.

It's not that fact that this ECW was supposed exactly the old ECW. But, it's the fact that they are using the ECW name to get ratings, and just completely spat the face that the ECW stood for. If they were going to make a new wrestling show, why call it ECW? They turned the ECW originals to glorified jobbers, and have the WWE stars that weren't able to get over on Raw and SD on ECW as their top stars. Not only that, they have Lashley as the ECW champion, who isn't extreme in the slightest, and is a complete bore to watch in the ring, because of no charisma.

The only reason why people are saying that ECW is getting better is because of the "New Breed" vs. The ECW originals. But, we all know who's going to win that one. Anyone that came from ECW to WWE, has been treated like foster children. Examples: Steveie Richards, RVD, Balls Mahoney

I don't think that ECW is going to get better, even if they do, it's going to be a case of "too little, too late", and it won't save the ECW from dying AGAIN.

I think ECW is getting better just because it has a purpose. New Breed vs. ECW originals is giving ECW the sense of purpose that it has lacked from the beginning. For example, remember Balls Mahoney vs Kevin Thorn 2 months ago? Of course you don't because there was no meaning it was just filler. Now when we see that same match we are somewhat interested because it actually means something, even though it is still just filler.

Also, ECW is going to have tag title belts soon giving the mid carders something to do. All ECW has to do is set up a main event scene, all they have is Lashley and Hardcore Holly, by promoting CM Punk and you've got a reasonable show with mid carders with a purpose, a semi main event feud and a respectable main event.

I was going to create the same post before I saw this one. I think that ECW is getting good for sure. I mean if you watched the last two ECWs you can say that it was very entertaining.

The Kevin Thorn vs. RVD match last week was pretty good, and the cage match between Lashley and Hardcore Holly was ok, plus I liked Lashley breaking down the cage wall.

This week's ECW was really really good. I mean seriously I think it was probably one of the best since there was still Kurt Angle on the show and RVD was the champ. Some people pointed out the RVD vs. Elijah Burke match was going to be terrible, I really think it was good. Apart from 2 stalls I counted, the match would have been incredible for one that short. Obviously the Stone Cold appearance was classic, and Bobby Lashley's mic skills when he was with McMahon in the ring really seemed to have improved. I say make way for ECW in the future ! Just need to take off those small pointless matches like Hardcore Holly vs. Balls Mahoney and remplace them by good high-flying matches or something like that.

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings go way up starting from next week, if people talk about how good it actually was. For those who abandoned WWECW a long time ago, start watching again it's worth it ;).

I think ECW has been great all along, especially for a show that's still establishing a direction. I was not a fan of Big Show's reign, but just knowing that CM Punk is on the show is enough to make sure I tune in. I thought WWECW was dead after December 2 Not Remember... but I'm glad I was proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back