• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EC - Sheamus vs Cena vs Triple H vs Orton vs Dibiase vs Kingston - WWE Championship

Who will win this EC match for the WWE Championship and walk out the champion?

• Sheamus

• John Cena

• Triple H

• Randy Orton

• Kofi Kingston

• Ted Dibiase

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay part of the problem posting so late is that alot of people have said what your thinking already, I'll give it a shot anyway though.

I think that the match will start off with Cena and DiBiase, they go at it for awhile then Kofi comes in he puts on a show and in a surprise move, eliminates Cena, Triple H enters and begins to dominate, with HHH in Orton enters next and someone eliminates Kofi. Then DiBiase and Orton turn on HHH while Sheamus waits, Orton and DiBiase are left in the ring staring at each other seemingly gonna turn on each other at any point. Then Sheamus enters and Orton and DiBiase team up for awhile and knock Sheamus out of the picture, immediately after they knock out Sheamus... boom dream street and Orton is eliminated, pissed that DiBiase eliminated him he RKO's him and drags Sheamus to cover him, but DiBiase kicks out and then Sheamus and DiBiase go at it for a bit until Sheamus legit wins a match.

Well, Orton and Dibiase I expect to face-off at Wrestlemania. I dont see Kingston winning. And Cena I hear is going to face Batista. I see Sheamus retaining and Triple H facing him at Mania. Although, The WWE could have Triple H win and have Sheamus invoke his rematch clause at Wrestlemania. I like how WWE is setting this match up. They couldnt have picked better stars for this match. So if anyone walks out winner, It's Sheamus or Trips.

All it takes is for Kofi Kingston to become champion, then WWE can be making HUGE changes! We can have Randy Orton out of the title picture for good (DiBiase vs Randy Orton at 'Mania maybe?), Sheamus to go down to mid-card, Cena and HHH to turn heel, what MORE could we want?!?!

I think Sheamus will retain his WWE Title, Dibiase is going to eliminate Orton & they'll begin a feud & have a match at Wrestlemania. I wouldnt be surprised if Kingston doesnt make to the match, but this time I think HBK takes him out just like Edge did last year. If that happens HBK eliminates HHH costing him the title, shortly after HBK gets elimanated. The last two will Cena & Sheamus with Sheamus winning.

Kingston - Kofi isn't going to win, for the numerous reasons already said. (they need him in the MITB match, and he isn't ready to headline WM)

DiBiase - Ted isn't going to win because he has to beat Orton at Mania to get himself up the ladder in WWE. I think him eliminating Orton here, and obv Orton will RKO him and Ted will be eliminated, then Ted beats Orton clean at mania will do him a world of good.

Orton - Orton will be eliminated by DiBiase, I think we all see this coming. He did wonders for Kofi while they were fueding, and I think that he can do even more for Ted by putting him over at Mania.

Cena - No chance here. He is gonna battle Batista at Mania, and they definitely want to keep Cena open to tag with Hart against Vince and Batista, in case Bret can't go 1 on 1 against McMahon.

HHH - I think that in order for Sheamus not to go straight back to midcard, he needs to win at Mania. For that reason, I can't imagine HHH winning here, holding the title for a few weeks then dropping it back.

Sheamus - I would bet the Celtic Warrior wins this match. He will eliminate HHH in a dirt manner, maybe low blow styles or something.

In past years, when I look at Elimination Chamber matches for Smackdown and for Raw, it is usually the Raw one that strikes me attention. However, for this year... there is a big exception. Something about this Elimination Chamber match doesn't really strike me the same way that the one in 2008 and 2009 did. I just don't know what.

You have WWE Sheamus defending against John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, and Kofi Kingston. For Sheamus, Kingston, and DiBiase, this will be their first entrant in the demonic structure. This will be Randy Orton's 2nd entrant in the structure. While this will be HHH's 6th and Cena's 3rd. Both have experience in winning the match.

With that said... I'm not sure if it's the lack of star power in the match that makes me uninterested. It can't be because I don't like the superstars in the match... I love Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston. I like John Cena and Ted DiBiase. I don't hate Sheamus. I just hate Triple H. There's just no thrill in the match on paper.

I hope Kofi Kingston will have a bigger role in this one than he did last year. Ted DiBiase and Randy Orton are sure to clash in this matchup, which I think could lead to DiBiase possibly eliminating Orton and not win. John Cena will do what he usually does in matches like this, but likely come up short. Which then leaves WWE Champion Sheamus and Triple H.

If Sheamus does indeed lose the WWE Championship, WWE may not give him his rematch at Wrestlemania. If that is the case, then WWE will need to give Sheamus a high-profile match at the event anyway. Whether that is a match with a main eventer or a spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match. If not, Sheamus will lose all the credibility that he has earned in his 4 months on Raw and 7 months in the WWE.

Prediction: Triple H wins the WWE Championship.

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1811369]I'm not sure if it's the lack of star power in the match that makes me uninterested. It can't be because I don't like the superstars in the match... I love Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston. I like John Cena and Ted DiBiase. I don't hate Sheamus. I just hate Triple H. There's just no thrill in the match on paper.
[/QUOTE]

This kind of goes along with my feelings about the RAW EC match. I'm just so indifferent about it. I mean RAW is already leaning towards the idea of Cena/Batista feud which obviously would be settled at WM, HHH winning a title may lead to HHH/Sheamus which I don't believe would draw well at WM. I seriously doubt Kingston or Debiase are doing anything more than jobbing. Hopefully Kingston jobs after he gets in the chamber this time. I don't think Orton wins cause WWE still remembers the crowd react to last year's WM match with HHH.

So personally I don't think there's anything really to expect from this match, maybe it makes the match better cause there's no indicator about a winner, but then again maybe it means there's nothing to be excited for as we continue on the road to wrestlemania

I'm going with the Champion Sheamus. Kofi just won't win simply. DiBiase and Orton are there to set up the Legacy split, and then we'll see if history will repeat with Triple H or Cena winning and then main eventing Wrestle Mania. If Sheamus wins here, it will elevate him even more and a Triple H rub at Mania would really help the young kid. Will he actually give the rub though is the real question, but that's for another thread.

Sheamus has pulled the heel role off very well and has been a dominant champion in the way he was used. Although his real test is how he'll rebound AFTER he drops the belt, I think for now and this youth movement is that he should come out of this champion and take on Trips for the belt at Mania.

I had to think about it before being able to make a prediction on this match. I'll discuss each wrestler individually.

Sheamus - This would be the perfect time to get the belt off him. He could still be booked decently and lose the title. I can't see him main eventing Wrestlemania. I still don't buy into him as a main eventer. Debuting on ECW facing jobbers, to winning the WWE Championship in just 160 days? Come on. His reign hasn't felt right from the start and I see him losing the belt here.

Cena - Cena's got pretty good odds of winning. If it weren't for the rumors of him facing Batista then he would be my pick to win this match. I think he'll make it to the last 2, but won't win the title.

Triple H - Trips main eventing Wrestlemania has been done, but at the biggest show of the year they need to have the best guys that they can count on to main event it. Plus, it's about time we see world title #14 for HHH. As long as he's not facing Cena or Orton at Wrestlemania, preferably HBK. Triple H has really good odds of winning this and probably will.

Orton - Orton's got decent odds of winning, about as good as Cena's or Triple H's. He's main evented Wrestlemania before and is always a good pick for WWE Champion. I don't think he'll win, but he should make it to the last 2 or 3 in this match.

Dibiase - As cool as it would be to see Dibiase win this, I doubt it. If it were any other time of the year but the Road to Wrestlemania, his odds would be better. He's just in the match to make things complicated between Orton and Legacy.

Kofi - He better get to participate this time around. Last year he got (kayfabe) attacked by Edge and didn't get to be in his match. I don't see Kofi winning the match. Like Dibiase, he's still too new to be main eventing Wrestlemania at this point.

It comes down to Cena, Orton, or Trips.... MAYBE Sheamus if WWE honestly do insist on keeping his insanely fast push alive. I ended up picking Trips because we'll see world title #14 and we already know he's capable of putting on a good main event at the biggest show of the year. It would have been Cena though if it weren't for the fact that he's probably facing Batista.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Triple H will win the WWE Championship.

.....holy shit, I picked John Cena? Well. That was a long time ago. Fuck off.

Now that I consider it....it might end up being fucking Sheamus. Son of a damn bitch. What way to better legitimize the guy by having him take this thing, and while doing so, going over some of the heaviest hitters in the game. if they are seriously considering putting this guy in one of the ME matches at Mania, then they pretty much need him to get this win, and look strong doing it.

Itll either be him, or Triple H. Trips winning it would likely be easier being as we could have Sheamus getting his rematch at Mania, claiming Trips could never beat him one on one, and after destroying the whole roster (including Trips, weekly, in non title matches)...matter of fact, I like that idea much better. Likely won't happen though, WWE prefers to fuck things up.

I voted for Triple H. There are plans for Sheamus vs Triple H on WM, and i don't see Sheamus retaining (only two wrestlers done it...). Also, I don't want ( and hope wwe doesn't wants either ) to have DiBiase vs Orton for Title... DiBiase can get a US title, but not WWE one. Kofi... for me he is the 2010 MITB winner. And Cena.. well i was thinking about it but... H hasn't got a title in quite some time ( i don't count Tag titles ) so...
Winner: Triple H

These chambers are sometimes kind of unpredictable, take 2009 for example, how many of you would have guessed Edge would have been eliminated 3-4 minutes into the start, sure alot picked HHH to win probably because he seems to win all these chamber matches, but Edge getting eliminated as fast as he did was very surprising, also the Raw Chamber, who expected Edge to win it? especially when he wasn't even involved in the Raw chamber, being in the SD! one. so I'll now try to give MY opinion on this very tough to call Raw Chamber

Kofi Kingston - I'd imagine he's just a filler, but none the less this is a great step for Kofi and 2010, late 2009 winning his Survivor Series match when he was 1 vs 2 on Orton and Punk. then you had a bunch of other big victories, including a TLC PPV match vs Orton, which he lost, but still got to face a big name, a nice rumble performance, and now he's in a World Title match again for the 2nd time in a year, let's just hope nobody attacks him and takes his place this year.

John Cena- there's that possibility all the time of him winning it, he's never quit attitude/gimmick makes him always a threat to win these kind of matches, I'm trying to not pay attention to the suspected storylines to WM and try and give him a shot at winning this, I'd love to see him take out Sheamus and eliminate him with an AA then quickly turn around and recieve an RKO or something, thus Orton eliminating him, that would be cool

Ted DiBiase- Ok I think I can agree with most people, that by Cody Rhodes not qualifying and Ted getting in, we can see who is gonna be pushed harder, and I see Ted shining in this match but not in the terms of eliminating anybody, more along the likes of him just surviving and being a last 2 in this match before being eliminated, I don't see him winning though, not everybody gets a Sheamus type storyline where they win it on their first World Championship match.

HHH- Big possibility of this guy winning, he's won 4 already, why not give him a 5th?? most people don't want that though, he could win and set up Sheamus vs HHH at WM, but i would hate seeing someone as green in the ring as Sheamus main eventing a WM. In the end I can't see him winning another Chamber this year, and I'd expect a random Pump Kick from Sheamus to him somewhere in this match, therefore making Sheamus eliminate HHH.

Sheamus- I just can't see him retaining any longer, I didn't even expect him to last past the Cena-Sheamus rematch, then the Rumble, and they keep finding the same boring way to make him retain, heck i thought Christian would be the one to make him lose last monday but It didn't happen. So what I think is quite simple, Sheamus won't retain, and will probably like I said above recieve a healthy AA from Cena, and goodbye title reign.

Randy Orton- He's my pick to win it, not my favourite guy, wish he would turn face or something already, something about a Major Heel receiving cheers doesn't sit well with me, anyways, I see him eliminating quite a few people in this match, maybe as many as 3 of the competition, Kingston, Cena , and Ted, Ted and Randy starting the match as the first two, and then finishing the last 2 would be amazing, Ted obviously losing to Randy, and then signifying perhaps finally the break up of Legacy, Randy after the match showing Ted if he thinks he's better than Randy, he's wrong,

That's my opinion on the Raw Chamber, have fun with yours, look forward to reading them

Well, it won't be DiBiase or Kofi. I'm sure they will both put up a nice showing and maybe further tension between Ted and Orton in there, but they will not walk out with the belt.

Orton probably won't win either. They are building toward something between him and Legacy at WrestleMania, and the title does not need to be involved in that. Once again, look for something to happen between him and DiBiase.

Cena isn't going to win it. He will clearly be involved in the Hart/McMahon match, whatever it may be, at WrestleMania and no title will be on the line there.

So we are down to Sheamus and Triple H, and I really think either of these guys could win. Sheamus needs that big win that he hasn't gotten. He won the belt in a Tables Match, and his other PPV defense ended in DQ. They have been building him much better on Raw, why not give him the big win on PPV and let him carry the belt into Mania. I put Trips here too because he is the only guy other than Sheamus who hasn't been built into a match at Mania yet. As old as it may be, we know that he could carry the belt to Phoenix without much difficulty.

I'm thinking about this match realizing the winner of it won't be the main event at Wrestlemania. For that reason I feel it makes it wide open and that 5 of the 6 can truly win this thing (Kofi being the one with no chance). When I look at each guy individually it becomes a little clearer. Here we go:

Kofi Kingston- I give no chance at winning this match. I haven't read any rumors on a mania match nor has TV teased anything.

John Cena- My bold prediction of the night. JOHN CENA does not make it to the chamber! I think Batista takes him out. Who replaces him i'm not sure. Christian possibly to keep the even heel/face split?

HHH- He has dominated the Chamber. However having HHH win tonight doesn't progress anything. It kind of just keeps things at a stand still.

Sheamus- Winning this match and guarenteeing a Mania title match would be huge towards the push. I think its clear we are getting HHH-Sheamus at mania. sheamus is a good possibility to win.

Randy Orton- Best heel in the business. Signs of Legacy falling apart is there. His chances of winning ride along with who the WWE prefers Sheamus or Dibiase. It appears to be Sheamus so I will take Orton out of the running.

Ted DiBiase- Like I said about Orton clearly Legacy is falling apart and we are probably seeing Orton-DiBiase at Mania. WWE is pushing Sheamus hard however something DiBiase has in his corner is the night before his dad is entering the HoF. He is a possibility.

PREDICTION:
How I see this match going is Cena being taken out by Batista and Christian getting the nod. Kofi will be 1st man eliminated by an RKO. 2nd man gone I say will be Orton at the hands of DiBiase! When Orton realizes who eliminated him he will snap before leaving Chamber and deliver an RKO to DiBiase allowing Christian to score the pinfall. After making it to the top 3, IMO a good showing, Christian falls to a Pedigree. After getting the pin on Christian HHH gets up and turns around to a Big Boot by sheamus. 1-2-3 winner and still Champion Sheamus!

I'm a little curious to see where they take this match. All participants you can technically think of a reason for them winning. DiBiase could win it and set up a hot feud with Orton. Orton could win it and feud with Sheamus (thus turning Orton face...he's already starting to get face pops with his confrontations with Sheamus). HHH and Cena are always safe picks, but they have all headlined Wrestlemania enough.

Its really hard to call this one. My guess would be Orton and then starting a feud with Legacy over the strap. Sheamus can start a feud with Cena, and HHH can go do his own thing with HBK.

So Orton wins, and sets up a big time feud with DiBiase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back