• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early "Road To Wrestlemania" Plans For CM Punk, Foley & The Rock

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
In addition to reporting CM Punk may face Mick Foley on the TLC pay-per-view next month, PWTorch.com is reporting there may be more plans for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29 events. Foley versus Punk may be a non-title match in order to bridge to the Rock's title match, unless Punk already loses the title this Sunday.

Two different paths are projected for the next few months which sees Punk retaining his title until the Rumble, where The Rock would defeat him and either face John Cena, or have a title rematch with Punk at Wrestlemania. The other scenario sees Cena winning the championship before the Rumble, The Rock would beat him for the title (with or without a Punk run in) and Rock versus Punk would main event Wrestlemania.

From the main page.

The Rock N Sock Connection reunite to take down Punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, basically, The Rock, John Cena and CM Punk will all be at Wrestlemania? And the belt may or may not be involved?

ZOMG!!!!!!!

I've expected it to happen the day that Rock got a title shot at the Rumble. I just don't know what Plan B is. I don't know if the Undertaker will compete at Wrestlemania this year and if he doesn't, then I see HHH/Lesnar II happening.

I'm someone who really doesn't want another Rock and Cena match. On top of already having seen it last year, I don't see how they can up the ante and build of it this time around. I'd much rather see, and this was my card from a while back:

Rock vs. Punk
Lesnar vs. Orton
Cena vs. Taker

If Austin was involved, I'd hope to have him work with Punk and Cena, one at mania and the other at Summerslam, but it'd require a bit of card shuffling for me. I'd have Cena and Austin at this year's mania, Punk and him at Summerslam and free up Taker to work with someone up-and-coming this year, and have his last match against Cena the year after.

#boobies

Rock, Lesnar, Punk, HHH, Austin, Taker, Cena, Foley.

Even if some of those names are just mere speculation, it's enough to hype Mania already to astronomical levels.

Cena vs. Taker is your WrestleMania 30 main event. Let it be Cena vs. Rock II and save the other match for the year after.

Isn't it awesome knowing that WWE potentially has eight viable main event caliber stars to push for Mania? Lesnar, Rock, Austin, Taker, Cena, Punk, HHH, and Orton... I know, Orton's a long shot, but if he's seriously slated to turn heel, I can see him vs. Rock happening at Mania. Third Generation vs. Third Generation, and that would be far more entertaining than another Cena vs. Rock...

So if Punk vs. Rock happens at WM, where does that leave Cena?

Triple threat for the WWE title with Rock & Punk
Taker
Lesnar
Sheamus
or he could challenge who ever is WHC

this WM is going to suck.

Yes, I can see how you could come to this perfectly logical conclusion when a single match has yet to be announced, & the event doesn't happen for another 5 months.

I'd prefer The Rock versus Punk and Cena versus someone else. Whether it be Taker or even a heel Orton, the whole "once in a lifetime" slogan from this years Mania still makes me hope they don't go back on their word; I know it was only a marketing scheme in-truth, but damn it I want them to stick with it.

I agree that Mania will be stacked this year. Aside from the mentioned names you have other main roster performers we'd expect to deliver, likes of Bryan, Kane, Sandow, Ryback etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back