DX Type stable missing.

Holmesy

Dark Match Jobber
I am loving Raw lately, it reminds me of the corporation and Stone Cold.

I got to thinking though that at that time DX was also around and also battling the corporation and thought it was missing, I sat watching Raw last night and thought The Shield are on the wrong side, this would be perfect for them to fight for the ''Injustices'' and help Daniel Bryan against Triple H, Orton and other superstars.

It's just how I felt, but do you think Raw needs a stable to help Bryan?

I know we have 3 at the moment but 3MB are a joke, The Wyatts have a good intro and thats it.

1. I will hear of no criticism when it comes to The Wyatt Family.

2. The WWE do not need a "DX" stable right now. Honestly, I don't think they needed it back then. It wasn't completely necessary, but the company capitalized on the idea and ran with it.

There's no telling where this angle is going. That's what I love about it. But to question whether a rebellious stable is necessary to combat Triple H's regime, I have to say the answer is no. Possible idea, yes, but not necessary.

And it's bad enough for everyone to jump on the parallel of "Oh, [insert superstar's name] is fighting the power, taking it to the head honchos, this is a Corporation rip-off."

I wouldn't want to give those people more firepower.

And it's bad enough for everyone to jump on the parallel of "Oh, [insert superstar's name] is fighting the power, taking it to the head honchos, this is a Corporation rip-off."

I wouldn't want to give those people more firepower.
Me neither I love the story at the moment and I am intrigued to see where they will take it.

I disagree though I think DX was needed back then even if it was mostly back up to various other stars going up against The corporation, I am sure I am not the only one that though that it was always The Rock (before and after his corporate champ stint) and DX or Austin and DX I loved that they were always there to help, I don't think anyone else would have had the same impact.

Which is why I think now The Shield would have been perfect to fill that role.

I would rather it be a bunch of individual faces that occasionally help each other than a full stable. Have Bryan, Rhodes (when he returns), Miz and Ziggler team up sometimes but don't call them a tag team or stable. They are allies through their enemy rather than being friends. I would list Show but he changes from Face to Heel so often that no one really knows what his role will be going forward but you could include him in that list of face allies.

The most annoying part of Raw last night was when they were saying Big Show and Bryan were friends, when the main interaction between those two was when Bryan cashed in on Show and wormed his way out of rematch after rematch with him and Henry. That was all I thought of each time they said Bryan and Show were good friends.

I think the Shield work well as the muscle for HHH and Orton. They are well established as heels who take advantage of numbers. The whole fighting injustice thing they had going was great because it was what they saw as unjust, not what the Universe felt was unjust. The Shield were hated because they believed they were right and just, not just because of who they targeted, to me that fits in perfectly with HHH's "Best for Business" promos.

DX really was more comedy back in their heyday, and typically were heels who pretty much just did what they wanted either to consolidate power or because bullying and embarrassing people got them off. They did oppose The Corporation from time to time but only because McMahon as boss was a threat to their reckless behavior.

A juvenile cartoon group is not something that is needed right now. Also, The Shield, with their own self serving view of "Right" and "injustice" are a perfect compliment as bullies to HHH & Orton.

One thing I like is this storyline makes Bryan an instant underdog hero in a front burner storyline, this is his moment to shine, hopefully he'll do well.

Who could pull of the leader? when DX started Shawn was at the top of his game.. There doens't seem to be anyone that has the command and or the hijinx ability to lead a group like that.

Edit: Just a small thought.. Would AJ Styles be able to lead a group like this?? If he was to jump ship...

A DX type of stable in a PG environment would probably be the worst type of stable you could imagine.

Raunchiness and being edgy was a big part of the old Attitude Era DX. Chyna with her tits and ass hanging out, Triple H and Shawn making dick jokes, scantly clad women. They're not going to get away with that type of stuff now.

And remember how Shawn and Triple H reunited for sporadic DX revivals recently? Yeah, DX was pretty watered down, especially when you compare it to the old Attitude Era DX. I'm not saying Triple H and Shawn didn't have a handful of funny moments together. Who could forget the moment where Triple and Shawn shoved Vince into Big Show's ass after the Cell match? But again, there's no way they would do something like that now.

DX really didn't feel the same, when they had work within tighter restrictions. They had to use a lot of innuendos. And one of the only truly raunchy moments I can remember is, when DX reformed to take on Vince and Shane, and there was this skit with Triple H and Candice Michelle squeezing ketchup and mustard bottles by a hot dog stand to simulate sexual intercourse. Other than that moment and a few others, the new generation DX had a lot of lame moments, with Big Dick Johnson dancing around being the worst.

Bryan doesn't need an Dx-esque stable to help him. Stephanie, Triple H, and Orton as the Corporate mega power is the perfect foil for Bryan's underdog character, who doesn't fit the mold of a top guy in WWE. I would much rather see victims of the McMahons and Triple H's wrath (i.e. Cody Rhodes) band together with Bryan as a united front to stand up to the higher powers, because WWE trying to rehash something from the Attitude Era would be so unnecessary.

Do we really need stables? I mean the get together against a common foe then they get mad at each other,then they split,then they feud,and so on. I think the new corporation needs to be dominate for awhile instead of just till the next pay-per-view. Then maybe have a small stable of the guys they have screwed over. Honestly though, I don't like watching HHH and the Shield beating down on Daniel and forcing Big Show to do what he wants. And that is why I believe the storyline is working. I feel emotionally invested in it. Kinda like when the NWO ran roughshot through WCW.

I get the idea but I wouldn't suggest we are missing a "DX type stable". I do think, however, that an anti-regime stable could be useful. To prevent the same thing happening each week they could have a stable that don't care about what HHH says and just act how they like. Rather than crying like The Big Show they could cause chaos.

Only problem is that there aren't obvious names that could fill this role. I guess Ziggler could be involved but thereafter I am struggling. The Prime Time Players perhaps but I'm struggling.

There is a worry that there would be too many stables but they can all be kept fairly separate. The Wyatts should be kept seperate leaving the new stable and The Shield. That certainly isn't an overload in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back