Don't forget to turn the clocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

I used to be a big deal
For all you north americans on here, Daylight savings time is coming early this year, so don't forget to turn the clocks one hour forward tonight!

I work at 7:30AM tomorrow morning... contemplating using that as an excuse for being 1 hour late, lol.

uh... not looking forward to waking up at 6:30 (technically 5:30 when you think about it) tomorrow...

G'night everyone! lol

They are observing that change in Canada, too?

I guess the change doesn't mean much to me. It's inevitable anyway.

I hate changing the clock's. It's pointless. It's done for farmer's. I aint no farmer. it's bullshit. It will be August before I get round to changing them all.

I hate changing the clock's. It's pointless. It's done for farmer's. I aint no farmer. it's bullshit. It will be August before I get round to changing them all.

Well we get one extra hour of daylight, which means we save electricity and it helps the economy.

But yeah Canada's observing the change, we don't have a choice! There would be havoc is the US and Canada were on different times.

the change was made so that their is an extra hour of dayllight for the material americans to go shop, not to save electricty. This contry is run by the dipshits in corpartions, not the dipshit in the whitehouse

That's completely untrue St. Joe, and even if it was, what's the problem with that? Spending money makes the economy turn which makes it possible for you to sit at your computer all day and post on hockeybuzz.

Although the fact that it helps the economy is valid and part of the whole thing, the main reason was to save the three weeks of electricity, which is major. Think about 400 million people not turning on most of their lights for an extra hour every day for 3 weeks!

That comment you made was baseless.

no it wasnt baseless, i watched media reports, my science teahcer said it( alothough in a random round about way.) Most people are not going to turn the lights off anyways, it is basless to say its saving power. Think about it, someones on their way hime, its 6 o'clock and its dark so they keep driving. now think about it, its full light out, someones driving home and they see a shop, they see its light out and it feels early in the day, so they go in and shop. SEE. I never said that the econmey was bod, but if you look at in congress, the industry was lobbying the hardest to get the bill passed.

I would imagine the industry would be lobbying for it, but I just don't understand how you can say it with such a negative tone... it's not a bad thing for corporations to want to make more money... you want to make money no? Everyone does! It's the same thing.

And you're telling me people are going to turn on their lights one hour earlier regardless of the amount of sun outside? It doesn't make any sense. The electricity saved in the three extra weeks is pretty major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back